Eagles sign James Bradberry!!! 1-yr 10mil

pgcd3

Overrated.

Martian Chronicles was really the only thing memorable. The rest was pulpy rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

And a Grade A-hole as a QB

200 (1).gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

And a Grade A-hole as a QB

Is he?  I don't know him personally.  Teammates seem to say nice things.

I'm still not sold on him as a top QB as of now, but I have no reason to think that he's anything other than a good guy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

200 (1).gif

You think Hurts doesn't suck?

1 hour ago, ilikepargo said:

Is he?  I don't know him personally.  Teammates seem to say nice things.

I'm still not sold on him as a top QB as of now, but I have no reason to think that he's anything other than a good guy.

Nothing to do with his personality.

Watch Spaceballs. He can't hit crap just like the guy firing.

49 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Now how the F can you possibly call Hurts an a-hole?  He has been nothing but a class act here.  

Some of you need to watch Spaceballs. Keep firing, Hurts.

6 hours ago, eagle3john99 said:

Yep building Dream Team 2.0......  

Ooof

Nah... expectations for us should be to just be competitive in the East (maybe win it) and win a playoff game. Dream Team was expected to win a Super Bowl.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Prime said:

I wonder if he meant that as:

"We have a grade A, hole at QB.

Funny. It was just a Spaceballs joke because of the guy who was firing and couldn't hit anything...like Hurts.

3 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Funny. It was just a Spaceballs joke because of the guy who was firing and couldn't hit anything...like Hurts.

If you have to explain a joke to everyone, it may have been the joke itself that missed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

If you have to explain a joke to everyone, it may have been the joke itself that missed.

Maybe. Or people are too sensitive.

7 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Maybe. Or people are too sensitive.

Yep that’s it.  

Seriously, was just confused why someone would cal him an a-hole.  I didn’t watch Spaceballs so didn’t get the reference.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, heyeaglefn said:

Not as much a prove it deal now that he said he passed up better offers to join the Eagles because he wants to win.  

If you go to PFF's page on Jame Bradberry and look at the last two seasons  https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/james-bradberry/10696?season=2021 
and look at Slay's https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/darius-slay/7817?season=2021 and look at the last seasons you'll see that they are closer than they are apart.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top-25-cornerbacks-2021-nfl-season/ Had Slay ranked 18th and Bradberry at 20th overall in the NFL

The difference is James Bradberry wants to prove that he is worth more (1 yr prove it type contract) and Slay will most likely be covering the Eagles opponents #1  (best receiver) giving James Bradberry the team's #2 best receiver (the difference being he used to cover the best) so he'll have possibly a far better year than Slay (considering stats).
He was an incredibly smart decision by GM Howie to sign him to a 1 yr prove it deal for 10M as the DL & LB talent  & now CBs is the best the team has had in many years.
The only huge weakness on the roster's Defense is Safety. 

7 hours ago, downundermike said:

We will have about 18.5 million after June 1st when Fletchers initial contract release kicks in

Interesting. What teams need cap space?

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Yep that’s it.  

Seriously, was just confused why someone would cal him an a-hole.  I didn’t watch Spaceballs so didn’t get the reference.  

It wasn't a great joke on my end either.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Godfather said:

You happy with 1 year rentals brah?

If he puts up he gets a long term deal. Dont want another Nnamdi/maxwell on our hands.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I have: Randall, Dawk x2, Kelce, Wentz (May get the Brown nameplate), BWest, TO, and DeSean. 

Same boat here. Dont know how to go through with that? Never done such a thing before.

I could be wrong here but I would think signing with the Eagles is an attractive destination for him in his current place and recently being released. 

Signing a one year deal allows him to play opposite Slay and mainly focus on WR2’s in what would be considered a weak division.   This gives him tremendous upside to put in a good year of play and sets him up for a nice pay day with a team willing to sign him to a long term deal.  

We get a nice one year rental though that buys us some time until the next draft. 

6 hours ago, Mbennett said:

I could be wrong here but I would think signing with the Eagles is an attractive destination for him in his current place and recently being released. 

Signing a one year deal allows him to play opposite Slay and mainly focus on WR2’s in what would be considered a weak division.   This gives him tremendous upside to put in a good year of play and sets him up for a nice pay day with a team willing to sign him to a long term deal.  

We get a nice one year rental though that buys us some time until the next draft. 

Does Slay follow the #1s around. I don't recall. Gannon may choose not to do this considering both are competent.

6 hours ago, Mbennett said:

Or if Hurts doesn’t show enough improvement to keep his job, they won’t give him a big extension which means they can afford to re-sign Bradberry to a bigger deal. 

15 hours ago, Next_Up said:

how so? does not being the proficient at everything you are supposed to do make you an A-hole? That's a pretty low bar and a big club.

I pretty much ignore that guy

18 hours ago, vaff said:

Jordan Davis is more than just "depth”. His dominance against the run alone, could potentially improve both the Eagles run defense and pass defense. Because it will allow them to play two high safeties.

The point I was trying to make is that they have high quality rotation players. Hence the depth which was a key to making them a potentially elite defense

9 hours ago, Mbennett said:

Perhaps he is signed to a longer term deal here if he has a good year considering he is only 28.  Slay is 31 - we should likely expect to see a decline in his play in the near future.  

If he does sign elsewhere and get paid well, then that potentially sets us up for a decent comp pick.  

16 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Credit to you.  You have been as anti-Howie as anyone on this board.  You almost reconsidered your fandom, if he wasn't fired several times.

Yeah in my madder moments I did. It was brief (seconds) but yeah I did. But he's got to get credit for what he's done. He seems to have turned things around. Let's see how this plays out but immense credit to him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mat said:

The point I was trying to make is that they have high quality rotation players. Hence the depth which was a key to making them a potentially elite defense

I know. But this guy is going to change the defense. He’s going to change the way the Eagles play, and the way teams play against them.

Not a fan of divisional signings but at least he spent more time with the Panthers than the Giants.