Eagles sign James Bradberry!!! 1-yr 10mil

pgcd3

23 minutes ago, Damanick10 said:

Damn the squad is looking good. Only weaknesses now are safety and QB. Maybe CB depth.

McPherson was considered as a potential starter at CB before the signing of Bradberry.  With the signing, McPherson will be pushed down in depth and would see less PT as CB.  If the coaches could find ways to involve him in some packages, ST or as subs, his development would not be too limited. 

I am surprised.  Thought he'd be too expensive.  Now if the team can sign a decent safety, the defense should be formidable.

• Like 2

We'll see how it plays out, but it's tough to not love the moves we've made on paper this offseason. Hopefully one of the dozen or so young guys we've picked up at corner can emerge so we don't need to re-sign Bradberry next year. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Procus said:

I am surprised.  Thought he'd be too expensive.  Now if the team can sign a decent safety, the defense should be formidable.

This defense seems to be coming together. Very anxious to see what they do now that they have better personnel. The moves this year makes it even more obvious that there were schemes that they just couldn't do last year. Collins is still out there. I think Kevin King played some safety before moving to CB. This is huge. Coming for you Dallas!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

If this team had a freaking QB they might actually go some place.....

Sign Foles!! SUPERBOWWWLLLLLLLZZZZ!!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

:worthy::worthy:

6 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

:wub:

11 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Honestly, they are almost to that point. He may be horrible Foles, but he at least has a gear that he can kick into and win. Hurts sucks.

And the Giants are paying a cap hit larger than what the Eagles are paying in salary to him. A comp pick is due, probably a 3rd rd'er.

Howie "The Golden Fleece" Roseman has sought the long game and prospered.

Howie-GoldenFleece-Roseman.jpg

• Like 1

We have now had a "Grade A" offseason.

• Like 3

There are just two players in the NFL since 2016 with 15+ interceptions and 80+ pass breakups:

Darius Slay and James Bradberry.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

McPherson was considered as a potential starter at CB before the signing of Bradberry.  With the signing, McPherson will be pushed down in depth and would see less PT as CB.  If the coaches could find ways to involve him in some packages, ST or as subs, his development would not be too limited. 

44 minutes ago, Kz! said:

We'll see how it plays out, but it's tough to not love the moves we've made on paper this offseason. Hopefully one of the dozen or so young guys we've picked up at corner can emerge so we don't need to re-sign Bradberry next year. 

I’m not sure any of the young corners were good options at starter. It’s rare that a 4th round pick or below becomes an effective starter at CB. 

Hoped to get a corner in the draft, but this signing makes a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, Procus said:

Yeah, Howie has been full of surprises this year. 

Jesse Bates, S on the Bengals rejected his Franchise Tag. Maybe Howie can work a trade for him with one of next year's 2nd round picks. Instant upgrade. 

• Like 1

Howie nailed the off-season. I am concerned because this was a lot of change over, (not going to say what this reminded me of) but this team no longer has any excuses on any level not to succeed. The biggest question marks (Sirianni, Hurts, and Gannon) have no excuse for failing this season. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I’m not sure any of the young corners were good options at starter. It’s rare that a 4th round pick or below becomes an effective starter at CB. 

Hoped to get a corner in the draft, but this signing makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, the odds are against any of them becoming a standout, but I'm just hoping the sheer numbers we've thrown at the position between McPherson, the relatively high-profile UDFAs we signed, and the young guys we've traded for, that someone from that group can emerge as a solid starter after this season.

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

Not a fan of the contract 

Why? We haven’t seen it yet.

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Ok... even the most egregious Howie hater has to give him props on this off-season. 

Yes. Safety is really the last area that needs to be addressed and the fact is, we had too many holes on this team to address all of them in one off-season but I think, outside of another good pass rusher (not that we're weak there but you can never have enough DE depth), we addressed everything but safety. That can ba a focus next year. We have the extra first next year to find a QB if Hurts doesn't take the next step in his development. Hurts has been out west with Tom house working on his mechanics so I'm hopeful. 

12 minutes ago, eagle3john99 said:

Yep building Dream Team 2.0......  

Ooof

yeah...but I think they're doing it the right way this time. two good drafts in a row and some low-risk FA signings. This isn't like 2011.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

If this team had a freaking QB they might actually go some place.....

So who do you suggest?  

Rodgers, Wilson and Watson were never coming here, it was a terrible draft class and trading for a journeyman wouldn’t be any improvement and would cost $25-$30 million a year vs. the  less than $5 million a year Hurts and Minshew make COMBINED. So, what should they do?  

32 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Yeah, Howie has been full of surprises this year. 

Jesse Bates, S on the Bengals rejected his Franchise Tag. Maybe Howie can work a trade for him with one of next year's 2nd round picks. Instant upgrade. 

do we have any cap space left?

9 minutes ago, Moe Greene said:

do we have any cap space left?

We will have about 18.5 million after June 1st when Fletchers initial contract release kicks in