Dick Vermeil On Todays NFL Soft Training Camps

Talonblood

3 hours ago, stine said:

I agree with this. It may just be me, but I seem to see allot more injuries since they cut down on practice time. I can remember people saying they have never seen so many ACL and Hamstring injuries after this agreement.....

There was an uptick in injuries during the covid era which happens to be around the time they started forcing these softer practices. There hasn't been enough time to get significant data on how much it helps yet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

Which coach is that? Vermeil only won once, and it happened to be with a team that most considered "soft". 

Ok, I typed that wrong, snowflake.

90% or more Eagles fans are a fan of great training camps. Two words for all the snowflakes out there:

West Chester

40 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Ok, I typed that wrong, snowflake.

90% or more Eagles fans are a fan of great training camps. Two words for all the snowflakes out there:

West Chester

I drove there once with my sister and her two young sons. Within about five seconds after getting out of the car in the parking lot, one of my nephews was stung by a bee. A screaming young kid made for an unpleasant afternoon.

This may have been the day Jerry Garcia died. I remember going to practice the day he died. Not sure if it was that year.

• Like 2

Today players take much better care of their bodies in the offseason than when Vermeil started coaching. Camp was once a time for players to work their bodies into shape. Players come to camp now in shape and don't need all the extra stuff Vermeil is alluding to.

I don't mind at all the no tackling to the ground in practice rules of today. "Thud" tackling is when you go full speed in practice but you don't bring a player to the ground. This decreases injuries in practice more than you even think.

Now, where I agree with Vermeil is about having more padded practices during camp AND the season. You can't even do proper thud tackling in just shorts and helmets. The far less padded practices is why you see a lesser product on the field. That is unacceptable to me and needs to change.

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!

download (2).jpeg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Today players take much better care of their bodies in the offseason than when Vermeil started coaching. Camp was once a time for players to work their bodies into shape. Players come to camp now in shape and don't need all the extra stuff Vermeil is alluding to.

I don't mind at all the no tackling to the ground in practice rules of today. "Thud" tackling is when you go full speed in practice but you don't bring a player to the ground. This decreases injuries in practice more than you even think.

Now, where I agree with Vermeil is about having more padded practices during camp AND the season. You can't even do proper thud tackling in just shorts and helmets. The far less padded practices is why you see a lesser product on the field. That is unacceptable to me and needs to change.

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!

download (2).jpeg

Welcome to the board.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Welcome to the board.

Thank you. Should be a fun season.

I don’t think training camps have become soft and I don’t think that the camps of old have any place in 2022, and as others have said, training camps of years gone by were to work off months of rust, but nowadays players are never really off even in the off season(or non playing season). But I will say that as a result as the new CBA, there has been a noticeable deterioration in the basic of football skills. Tackling has become awful in the first month of the regular season due to lack of padded practices. That’s just my opinions.

On 7/10/2022 at 4:06 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

This isn't the 80's anymore.   Time to let go of what life used to be like. That sheet was 40 years ago. 

Dare I write this??? Can’t there be some happy medium  from the old style and this one? I mean Chip didn’t exactly run tough practices, but his team did way more reps than these guys and they also didn’t get a lot of injuries. Frankly I don’t see any good in lowering the amount of reps Hurts has. If anything the more they play him the more they will find out if he is or isn’t the guy with no more excuses. This dude isn’t some vet who has proven himself. He needs work and a lot of it. 

• Like 2

On 7/23/2022 at 7:13 PM, EaglesIreland said:

I don’t think training camps have become soft and I don’t think that the camps of old have any place in 2022, and as others have said, training camps of years gone by were to work off months of rust, but nowadays players are never really off even in the off season(or non playing season). But I will say that as a result as the new CBA, there has been a noticeable deterioration in the basic of football skills. Tackling has become awful in the first month of the regular season due to lack of padded practices. That’s just my opinions.

Ok, so you know more about it than Dick Vermeil. I'll listen to YOU over an NFL coach. 🤣
You can "think" all you want. It's a FACT SiriSoft runs the softest camp in the NFL. 

On 7/22/2022 at 9:26 AM, PackerNation said:

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!

download (2).jpeg

"Today players take much better care of their bodies in the offseason than when Vermeil started coaching." You pulled that right out of your arse.

PROVE it with facts. It's closer to the truth that they go to more booby bars than take care of their bodies better. Where are your facts? Do you follow them around in the offseason? You are just throwing sheeeet against the wall, hoping it sticks. Pamper the millionaires, they might get a boo boo for playing a violent sport they choose to play. 

Camp SiriSoft™ is a joke. Well trained teams are going to physically beat his team's ass. By the way, this place is called TATE- Talk About The Eagles. Go on the Packers forum.

On 7/22/2022 at 9:50 AM, PackerNation said:

Beat it, nerd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Blutarski said:

Beat it, nerd.

I think he got the boot.  

On 7/10/2022 at 4:06 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

This isn't the 80's anymore.   Time to let go of what life used to be like. That sheet was 40 years ago. 

I can see you didn't graduate at the top of your class.

On 7/23/2022 at 7:13 PM, EaglesIreland said:

😂

On 7/10/2022 at 5:32 PM, Talonblood said:

And they didn't beat a winning team all year. So there's that. Save injuries with a soft camp, and get your asses kicked all year by any decent club you play. Got it, thanks. 🤣

They didn't beat a winning team all year, not because they were snowflake soft in the pre season but because they didn't have the talent and weren't good enough to beat good teams. But lets blame soft camps. Got it. 

3 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

They didn't beat a winning team all year, not because they were snowflake soft in the pre season but because they didn't have the talent and weren't good enough to beat good teams. But lets blame soft camps. Got it. 

They were gassed, too. Got that?

On 7/11/2022 at 12:06 PM, Talonblood said:

Then they shouldn't sign million dollar deals to play this sport. It's called football, not ice skating. Guys like you will want to ban this violent sport next. Fine. Ban it. It IS a dangerous sport. Everyone knows that going in. Either ban the sport, or stop whining about it and man up and play. Tough training camps are good for players, according to a 2 time Super Bowl winning coach. But I should listen to YOU more than him. Got it, soft guy. Snowflakes....  🤣💩

Guys like me will ban a sport? What are you smoking? Wow... you get tougher by the post. Vermeil is one guy from an era that didn't have the science, and I'm too tired to tell you what fallacy you are committing.  Enjoy those internet muscles lol 

16 hours ago, judunno said:

Guys like me will ban a sport? What are you smoking? Wow... you get tougher by the post. Vermeil is one guy from an era that didn't have the science, and I'm too tired to tell you what fallacy you are committing.  Enjoy those internet muscles lol 

Nah, just tired of all the sissies complaining about the roughness of a rough sport. Get over it- it's a violent sport. The science? The science of sissies. Let's just walk around during a training camp, and not really train. Got it. Defend that garbage all you want. I don't.

Maybe this soft ass league should just keep these on during the season.

Sissies R Us 🤣

download.jpg

19 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Nah, just tired of all the sissies complaining about the roughness of a rough sport. Get over it- it's a violent sport. The science? The science of sissies. Let's just walk around during a training camp, and not really train. Got it. Defend that garbage all you want. I don't.

Maybe this soft ass league should just keep these on during the season.

Sissies R Us 🤣

download.jpg

Yup soft like your belly. Calling people sissies with your non-athletic fat gut eating honey buns ass on your couch. GTFOH with your tough guy rhetoric. Probably couldn't squash a grape.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, judunno said:

Yup soft like your belly. Calling people sissies with your non-athletic fat gut eating honey buns ass on your couch. GTFOH with your tough guy rhetoric. Probably couldn't squash a grape.

I have an 8 pack, son. I'm buff n cut as hell. Speak for yourself. Stop embarrassing yourself.💪🏼

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I have an 8 pack, son. I'm buff n cut as hell. Speak for yourself. Stop embarrassing yourself.💪🏼

50% chance you're a fat ass or skinny fat. 8 pack of lagers maybe 🤔. 100% positive you're not a professional athlete and never came close so you're no authority on the matter. Hell pretty sure you likely haven't played any D1 sports either so just STFU and work on having some empathy and compassion for guys like Demariyus Thomas who practically gave his life for our entertainment and fantasy football leagues. These dudes can barely walk when they're done and life spans are drastically cut. If the NFLPA thinks it's for the better of the players to reduce the off-season contact, then so be it. 

1 hour ago, judunno said:

50% chance you're a fat ass or skinny fat. 8 pack of lagers maybe 🤔. 100% positive you're not a professional athlete and never came close so you're no authority on the matter. Hell pretty sure you likely haven't played any D1 sports either so just STFU and work on having some empathy and compassion for guys like Demariyus Thomas who practically gave his life for our entertainment and fantasy football leagues. These dudes can barely walk when they're done and life spans are drastically cut. If the NFLPA thinks it's for the better of the players to reduce the off-season contact, then so be it. 

You're an ass. Not wasting time on you. I'm not posting pics for your sorry ass. Idiot who thinks he can tell what someone looks like on the internet without ever seeing them. Keyboard warrior, etc, etc, etc. I see your type all over the net. No, I don't feel sorry for millionaires who CHOOSE to play a violent sport. I feel sorry for YOU, who's only life is on the internet. You can't get a girlfriend, have zero friends, so you try to be a hero on the internet. Piss off.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Talonblood said:

You're an ass. Not wasting time on you. I'm not posting pics for your sorry ass. Idiot who thinks he can tell what someone looks like on the internet without ever seeing them. Keyboard warrior, etc, etc, etc. I see your type all over the net. No, I don't feel sorry for millionaires who CHOOSE to play a violent sport. I feel sorry for YOU, who's only life is on the internet. You can't get a girlfriend, have zero friends, so you try to be a hero on the internet. Piss off.

You're the one calling modern day gladiators pansies and I'm the keyboard warrior? lmao. Don't feel sorry for me feel sorry for yourself. You're a sociopathic clown with no care or empathy for others. I feel sorry for you and whoever is around you. Good luck with that 8 pack 🤣

On 7/22/2022 at 9:50 AM, PackerNation said:

you hump farm animals