Dick Vermeil On Todays NFL Soft Training Camps

Talonblood

On 8/1/2022 at 7:21 PM, judunno said:

Guys like me will ban a sport? What are you smoking? Wow... you get tougher by the post. Vermeil is one guy from an era that didn't have the science, and I'm too tired to tell you what fallacy you are committing.  Enjoy those internet muscles lol 

you wanna piece of me thunder thighs

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, olsilverhair said:

you wanna piece of me thunder thighs

Not really silver fox

Training camp just matches today's soft society. 

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Training camp just matches today's soft society. 

I'm pretty certain you wouldn't last 2 seconds in an NFL camp :) Hell... pop warner would have you winded lol.

9 hours ago, judunno said:

You're the one calling modern day gladiators pansies and I'm the keyboard warrior? lmao. Don't feel sorry for me feel sorry for yourself. You're a sociopathic clown with no care or empathy for others. I feel sorry for you and whoever is around you. Good luck with that 8 pack 🤣

Here, key_boy warrior- I give you the present that you crave- the last word. Now go away and stfu. 💩🤣

5 hours ago, judunno said:

I'm pretty certain you wouldn't last 2 seconds in an NFL camp 🙂 Hell... pop warner would have you winded lol.

Try harder.  

55 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Try harder.  

Ok boomer

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

Here, key_boy warrior- I give you the present that you crave- the last word. Now go away and stfu. 💩🤣

Will do fat boomer

24 minutes ago, judunno said:

Ok boomer

Will do fat boomer

10 year olds shouldn't be allowed on the internet. 🤣💩

38 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

10 year olds shouldn't be allowed on the internet. 🤣💩

Nor should boomers who want to relive the 80s.

4 hours ago, judunno said:

Ok boomer

Will do fat boomer

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, judunno said:

Nor should boomers who want to relive the 80s.

He can't stop saying boomer, as if that is a decent mock.  "Ok, boomer, boomer, boomer. You're a boomer, a...boomer. Because... boomer."

I don't worry about snowflakes like you- you disappear when I piss on you.  🤣

Me: Do you have a girlfriend?
You: Yeah, sure, ummm yeah.
Me: Ok, so where is she from?
You: A different nation.
Me: Really? Which nation is that?
You: My...imagination....

7 hours ago, Talonblood said:

He can't stop saying boomer, as if that is a decent mock.  "Ok, boomer, boomer, boomer. You're a boomer, a...boomer. Because... boomer."

I don't worry about snowflakes like you- you disappear when I piss on you.  🤣

Me: Do you have a girlfriend?
You: Yeah, sure, ummm yeah.
Me: Ok, so where is she from?
You: A different nation.
Me: Really? Which nation is that?
You: My...imagination....

Here's a fact since you're whining the most about camps. IT'S NOT GOING BACK TO "WEST CHESTER DAYS". What you see is what you get. Times change and the players have more power over their health and well being. Deal with it and stop ****ing about it. Camps aren't tough enough booo hoooo. You can 😭 cry until your run out of tears... conclusion will still be the same. So yeah.... stop being a boomer talking about yesteryear like your little EMB post changes something. All it does is expose you as a poser wanna be macho nacho swinging your peen in a forum full of dudes.

• Like 1

If players just realized the point isn’t to hurt someone but that you might incidentally get hurt, that’s just the main thing to me

On 7/10/2022 at 2:49 PM, DeathByEagle said:

Ive said the same many times for years. Being an ex player for an extremely short period in the NFL, lol(One preseason till I was cut) but full 4 years of Div 1 college I know how much you need to get your body ready for a contact sport. The more soft practices you have the harder it will hit you come reg season when your going full speed hits. Camps should start off soft but gradually have more and more hitting. Same goes for speed and cutting etc. If you are going from 25-50% speed and go into week 1 at 100% your going to get hurt. By the end of preseason you should be going 90+ %. These teams just are too scared. Just like the world we live in, the game of Football has gone soft. 

its also why i don;t believe in sitting your players in preseason either. The good teams normally will still use the process of 1Q week 1, 2Q week 2 and 3Q week 3 then rest week 4(Which now is a full league rest week anyways. Lets be honest by week 3 you know who your final roster spots are going to. One week 4 game with all 3rd/4th string players is not going to impact your team. 

I strongly agree with this. We can have lower volume relative to most camps, but the goal needs to be a gradual accumulation of volume and intensity by the end of training camp that best simulates an NFL regular season game

8 hours ago, judunno said:

Here's a fact since you're whining the most about camps. IT'S NOT GOING BACK TO "WEST CHESTER DAYS". What you see is what you get. Times change and the players have more power over their health and well being. Deal with it and stop ****ing about it. Camps aren't tough enough booo hoooo. You can 😭 cry until your run out of tears... conclusion will still be the same. So yeah.... stop being a boomer talking about yesteryear like your little EMB post changes something. All it does is expose you as a poser wanna be macho nacho swinging your peen in a forum full of dudes.

"Boomer, boomer boomer, boomer...."

23131.gif

17 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Yeah, that meme has been done a gaziliion times before and is old as hell, but, sure- ok.

58 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Yeah, that meme has been done a gaziliion times before and is old as hell, but, sure- ok.

You still crying poser? 😭 Did you start your change.org petition yet? Make Training Camp Great Again.... sniff sniff

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Wasn't directed at you, but, sure -ok.

5 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Wasn't directed at you, but, sure -ok.

My bad. Though you joined in with the other guy.  🤣

7 hours ago, judunno said:

You still crying poser? 😭 Did you start your change.org petition yet? Make Training Camp Great Again.... sniff sniff

P_U_S_S_  B_O_Y   S_N_O_W_F_L_AK_E

10 hours ago, Talonblood said:

P_U_S_S_  B_O_Y   S_N_O_W_F_L_AK_E

😆 enjoy the soft training camps. nothing you can do about it bish and moan man. 

2 hours ago, judunno said:

😆 enjoy the soft training camps. nothing you can do about it bish and moan man. 

TY. I will enjoy watching the NFL put a pile of rubber onto the helmets of soft players, who then get concussions anyway, and snowflakes like you scream "Ohhhh noooooooooo's- tooooo vioooowent, toooooo vioooooweeeeent!!!" 

Like I said at the beginning of our nice little chat- it's a violent sport, and injuries are going to happen no matter what you do. Even more when a soft team gets crunched as the season wears on. You have to train their bodies to withstand that violence, not try to hide from it. HUGE rubber helmets, and two players STILL get concussions. I rest my case. As a player, you either accept the risk and play, or simply find another way to make a living. It's been that way since football was invented.

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

TY. I will enjoy watching the NFL put a pile of rubber onto the helmets of soft players, who then get concussions anyway, and snowflakes like you scream "Ohhhh noooooooooo's- tooooo vioooowent, toooooo vioooooweeeeent!!!" 

Like I said at the beginning of our nice little chat- it's a violent sport, and injuries are going to happen no matter what you do. Even more when a soft team gets crunched as the season wears on. You have to train their bodies to withstand that violence, not try to hide from it. HUGE rubber helmets, and two players STILL get concussions. I rest my case. As a player, you either accept the risk and play, or simply find another way to make a living. It's been that way since football was invented.

No ish it's a violent sport hince the attempts to take precautions when possible. You whining about it won't stop them from player safety efforts. CTE is real and they are doing their best to defend against it. Just because they take the risk doesn't mean that they have to be haphazard further jeopardizing their overall health post the game. In the end.... it's A GAME. Just because you throw your money at them to make them rich for entertaining you doesn't mean that you have say about how they protect their bodies and mental health. Get over yourself your opinion is yours. Facts govern the reality that you are seeing play out.