NFL Trivia Game Is Back!

Aerolithe_Lion

36 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

That’s 2 points! 

There’s a bonus to this question: Terry Bradshaw won 7 playoff games against Hall of Fame QBs. But he’s not the only one! Who shares this distinction with him?

We’ll treat this as a new question and Everyone is eligible to vote once more

Joe Montana

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Joe Montana

Also strong guess, but weirdly all the great 80’s NFC teams he’d face were HoF-less. Early 80’s Cowboys were Danny White, then he sparred with the Commanders who had a myriad of guys, those Bears teams were Jim McMahon, then the Parcells Giants with Simms, also not A HoFer. A couple of those SB’s were Esiason, No HoF.

7 is a ton of you think about how rare that is. 2 guys ever

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

That’s 2 points! 

There’s a bonus to this question: Terry Bradshaw won 7 playoff games against Hall of Fame QBs. But he’s not the only one! Who shares this distinction with him?

Ken Stabler?

24 minutes ago, NCTANK said:

Ken Stabler?

Not stabler, good guess

53 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Not stabler, good guess

ok, i’m going with one more shot here and then i’ll step aside on this one.

Roger Staubach

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Not stabler, good guess

19 minutes ago, NCTANK said:

ok, i’m going with one more shot here and then i’ll step aside on this one.

Roger Staubach

I thought we only got one guess ??

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I thought we only got one guess ??

Right, so as per rule 3 his second guess is not acknowledged

On 7/27/2022 at 7:59 AM, Aerolithe_Lion said:

That’s 2 points! 

I’m going to guess Brady, but I doubt it’s right.  It might be at some point, but I feel like enough players he beat didn’t retire/aren’t eligible yet.

Just now, RPeeteRules said:

I’m going to guess Brady, but I doubt it’s right.  It might be at some point, but I feel like enough players he beat didn’t retire/aren’t eligible yet.

Off the top of my head I think it’s only 3 against Peyton and 1 against Warner… but 10 years from now he’ll have 1 against HoFer Brees, 1 against HoFer Rodgers, and a myriad against Big Ben, Rivers, Ryan, Mahomes, Luck, Wilson… whichever of those names do end up making it as well.

On 7/27/2022 at 12:59 PM, Aerolithe_Lion said:

That’s 2 points! 

So it’s not joe Montana from other posts ? It’s not John Elway by any chance ?

25 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

So it’s not joe Montana from other posts ? It’s not John Elway by any chance ?

Not either of those guys

• Like 1

I think it’s been long enough….

First hint! This means everyone can guess 1 more time, but if you get it it’s now worth only 1 point:

Dont think so much about who the QB is, but what it would take to lead NFL history in defeating HoF QBs. You would have to run into them often. What era had the biggest congestion of HoF QBs? Who was winning in that era? Who was continually meeting HoF QBs in the divisional round, in the conference championship games, even in SBs?

18 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I think it’s been long enough….

First hint! This means everyone can guess 1 more time, but if you get it it’s now worth only 1 point:

Dont think so much about who the QB is, but what it would take to lead NFL history in defeating HoF QBs. You would have to run into them often. What era had the biggest congestion of HoF QBs? Who was winning in that era? Who was continually meeting HoF QBs in the divisional round, in the conference championship games, even in SBs?

Jim Kelly

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Jim Kelly

Went back and counted just to make sure he wasn’t one as he only played 11 years… but Jim was really really close.

Buffalo ended up beating 7 during his tenure there, but Kelly was inactive for the famous Frank Reich comeback game against Warren Moon. Just missed it by 1

16 minutes ago, Vee said:

Bart Starr?

Not Starr, was already guessed too

32 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

Do I get another guess ?

Yep, after each hint you get 1 more

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Yep, after each hint you get 1 more

Okay because I think your hint about who was winning was a bit too revealing(watch me get it wrong now) but is the answer Troy Aikman ?

7 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

Okay because I think your hint about who was winning was a bit too revealing(watch me get it wrong now) but is the answer Troy Aikman ?

There it is. 1 point for Eaglesireland, you’re on the board.

The two most winningest QBs in NFL history when faced with the best QB competition are guys likely not in most top 10 alltime lists. Mostly because they had alltime teams, but still… A certain irony.

Troy Aikman:

Brett Favre 3x

Steve Young 2x

Jim Kelly 2x

• Like 1

I’ll do a goofy one next just to see if anyone gets it right away. No real hints needed, it’s either a know it or you dont. If it’s not answered by tomorrow I’ll just move on to a new one:

There have been NFL players named Paris and London, Ireland and Dallas, Montana and Dakota; but can you come up with a star named after the mythical South American city of gold?

1 minute ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I’ll do a goofy one next just to see if anyone gets it right away. No real hints needed, it’s either a know it or you dont. If it’s not answered by tomorrow I’ll just move on to a new one:

There have been NFL players named Paris and London, Ireland and Dallas; can you name a star named after the mythical South American city of gold?

Golden Tate

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Golden Tate

Good guess! Didn’t even think of him. Doesn’t entirely fit the parameters of the question though….

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

There have been NFL players named Paris and London, Ireland and Dallas, Montana and Dakota; but can you come up with a star named after the mythical South American city of gold?

I know the name of the mythical city of gold alright but as to a star named after it, I’m coming up with a Blank.