NFL Trivia Game Is Back!

Aerolithe_Lion

6 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

I know the name of the mythical city of gold alright but as to a star named after it, I’m coming up with a Blank.

I know it now but I already used my guess up

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know it now but I already used my guess up

Maybe I’ll throw out a hint later if someone really can get it, you’ll get a second opportunity to guess then. Don’t give it away!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Maybe I’ll throw out a hint later if someone really can get it, you’ll get a second opportunity to guess then. Don’t give it away!

I won't I played last year I know the rules! Lol

• Like 1

First Hint! Question is now worth 1 point and all can guess 1 more time

He not only played for the Eagles in the last 30 years, but another team he played for is hinted at in the original question. Few players have ever played for both of these two teams…

13 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

First Hint! Question is now worth 1 point and all can guess 1 more time

He not only played for the Eagles in the last 30 years, but another team he played for is hinted at in the original question. Few players have ever played for both of these two teams…

Terrell Owens 

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Terrell Owens 

That’s correct; 1 point added to the leaderboard

His name is, as odd as it sounds, Terrell Eldorado Owens. The hint was that I referred to players with place names, but the one im looking for was a  image.jpeg.9b4069e7b742a749e7f1f62266bf3d16.jpeg.

We’ll do a bit of a layup for the next question: 

This player has the most touchdown passes over the last 10 years despite 0 career MVP votes. Who is he?

13 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

This player has the most touchdown passes over the last 10 years despite 0 career MVP votes. Who is he?

Kirk Cousins

19 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Kirk Cousins

Good guess, there’s actually one who has even more…

On 8/5/2022 at 7:04 PM, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I’ll do a goofy one next just to see if anyone gets it right away. No real hints needed, it’s either a know it or you dont. If it’s not answered by tomorrow I’ll just move on to a new one:

There have been NFL players named Paris and London, Ireland and Dallas, Montana and Dakota; but can you come up with a star named after the mythical South American city of gold?

Terrell Owens (which I see was guessed hours ago!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vee said:

Rivers, I would have guessed Cousins first.

Not Rivers either, also a strong guess

Just now, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Not Rivers either, also a strong guess

So I did some research after my guess, no one ahead of Cousins has not received an MVP vote

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So I did some research after my guess, no one ahead of Cousins has not received an MVP vote

You looked for someone with more TD passes over the last 10 years than Cousins and has 0 career MVP votes?

I have just confirmed he definitely has more TD passes….

and reconfirmed he has 0 MVP votes.

If you’d like to bow out of the game even after hints, I will whisper him to you to end the suspense

10 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Jameis Winston?

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Not Winston….

Matthew Stafford 

Matt Ryan?  I'm really scratching my head on this one.   (unlike the other ones..../sarcasm)

13 minutes ago, Vee said:

Matt Ryan?  I'm really scratching my head on this one.   (unlike the other ones..../sarcasm)

Matt Ryan actually won the MVP award in 2016

19 minutes ago, Vee said:

Big Ben.

Rule 3!

I cannot acknowledge that guess, but if a hint is brought in to allow everyone one more guess, you’re free to use it again (if no one says him before you) 

As many have already guessed some of the biggest culprits with 0 MVP votes, and people seem stumped, we’ll move on to the first hint stage! 

As per the rules, all guessers who’ve guessed previously get an additional guess in this stage, and the question is worth only 1 point from here on out. I don’t want to make it too easy, so I’ll give 1 vague hint for each of the two parts of the riddle:

1. 0 MVP votes: This was the most surprising part for me, due to how well-regarded the player is both to fans and in the media. If you’re still stumped, just keep going back to this hint. "Is it possible he’s never in his life gotten a single MVP vote?” Yes.

2. Most TD passes of qualifying players: due to the kind of offenses he’s perceived to have orchestrated, this may also be a surprise to many. If the question were yards or completions, he’d be way down the list. But there is one anomaly about his game…. His % of passes that resulted in TDs over the last 10 years is astronomically high! If All Cris Carter did was catch TD passes, then all Player X does is throw TD passes!

58 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

As many have already guessed some of the biggest culprits with 0 MVP votes, and people seem stumped, we’ll move on to the first hint stage! 

As per the rules, all guessers who’ve guessed previously get an additional guess in this stage, and the question is worth only 1 point from here on out. I don’t want to make it too easy, so I’ll give 1 vague hint for each of the two parts of the riddle:

1. 0 MVP votes: This was the most surprising part for me, due to how well-regarded the player is both to fans and in the media. If you’re still stumped, just keep going back to this hint. "Is it possible he’s never in his life gotten a single MVP vote?” Yes.

2. Most TD passes of qualifying players: due to the kind of offenses he’s perceived to have orchestrated, this may also be a surprise to many. If the question were yards or completions, he’d be way down the list. But there is one anomaly about his game…. His % of passes that resulted in TDs over the last 10 years is astronomically high! If All Cris Carter did was catch TD passes, then all Player X does is throw TD passes!

Russell Wilson 

19 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Russell Wilson 

That’s a point!

Despite never receiving a single MVP vote, he’s third in the entire league in TD passed in that time span, trailing only Rodgers and Brady.

He had more TDs in the last 10 years than Roethlisberger, Brees, Ryan, Stafford…

And fewer career MVP votes than Romo, Wentz… even the poor man’s RW, Dak Prescott, has one!

Leaderboard updated

• Like 1