Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2022? Who gets fired

VaBeach_Eagle

It's time for a new Black Monday thread.

So who will it be this season? 

Belichick?
Rivera?
McDaniel?
McDaniels?
Pederson?
Reich?
Sirianni?

Here's last season's haul:

On 7/27/2021 at 4:14 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Jon Gruden Resigned October 28th
Urban Meyer Fired December 16th
Vick Fangio Fired January 9th
Mike Zimmer Fired January 10th
Matt Nagy Fired January 10th
Brian Flores Fired January 10th
Joe Judge Fired January 11th 
Dave Cully Fired January 13th 
Sean Payton Resigned January 25th

Who's on the hot seat?

Here's the list of those fired for the 2022 season:

Matt Rhule Fired October 10th
Frank Reich Fired November 8th
Nathaniel Hackett Fired December 26th
Lovie Smith Fired January 8th
Kliff Kingsbury Fired January 9th

Sean Mcvay stepping away from the team to ponder his future. 

5 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Damn, already talking about Coaches getting fired. You’re cold, Va!!

😁

I actually started late this year. I usually start this thread in late June or mid July before training camp. You never know how soon a coach might be fired. I've seen coaches only last 3 or 4 weeks into a season lol. 

In fact, if I'm remembering right, George Allen was fired by the Rams during pre-season in the mid to late 70's.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 6:08 PM, NCTANK said:

McCarthy

Rhule

This

McCarthy probably needs a deep play off run to survive and has the weakest roster of his time there to do it.

Rhule has to get at least 8 wins as a minimum to be able to point to real progress, but the Panthers moves at QB during his tenure are just hard to follow.

Dan Campbell could be in trouble if Detroit make another start like last year, rebuild or no.

McCarthy is really the obvious choice.  I don't know how he still has a job.  He won't for long.  

On 8/12/2022 at 2:30 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Caroll

You think Pete Carroll is on the hot seat?  I figured he was coach for life in Seattle.  

I want to put Stefanski on that list, because I think the Browns may be a dumpster fire this season.  Even with a bad record, he probably survives this season, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

McCarthy is really the obvious choice.  I don't know how he still has a job.  He won't for long.  

You think Pete Carroll is on the hot seat?  I figured he was coach for life in Seattle.  

I want to put Stefanski on that list, because I think the Browns may be a dumpster fire this season.  Even with a bad record, he probably survives this season, though.

I got Seattle at 1-16.  I can't find a single unit on that team they can hang their hats on sundays and they play a brutal division.  They'll be facing a full mode rebuild with a 71 yr old coach.  Media heads and fans will be howling that his success was thanks to Wilson.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I got Seattle at 1-16.  I can't find a single unit on that team they can hang their hats on sundays and they play a brutal division.  They'll be facing a full mode rebuild with a 71 yr old coach.  Media heads and fans will be howling that his success was thanks to Wilson.

Yeah, I can see that.  There are not a lot of coaches that can survive a 1-16 season.  Some googling shows that there were some reports that he was on the hot seat last season even when they still had Russ. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 8:32 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Nah, Wilson undoubtedly makes a team better but no one is holding Carroll responsible for a record compiled with Drew Lock and Geno Smith at QB, if they'd traded for another competent starter then you could make a case, but they traded Wilson to load up draft picks for '23 and never even attempted to replace him, there's no one who thinks Lock or Smith are good enough to do anything but tank the season for a run at the top guy next year.

10 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Nah, Wilson undoubtedly makes a team better but no one is holding Carroll responsible for a record compiled with Drew Lock and Geno Smith at QB, if they'd traded for another competent starter then you could make a case, but they traded Wilson to load up draft picks for '23 and never even attempted to replace him, there's no one who thinks Lock or Smith are good enough to do anything but tank the season for a run at the top guy next year.

Makes me think they go after Bryce Young... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

McCarthy needs a miracle to keep his job without a deep playoff run.......and Dallas is overrated this year.

Matt Ruhle has been on the hot seat for a year.......

The usual culprits are the organizations who have screwy front offices.   Cleveland, Miami, Washington, Detroit, Houston, and the Colts

These teams must make the playoffs or have a winning record with good outlook for next year if the head coach is to keep his job.

On 9/15/2022 at 10:03 PM, LacesOut said:

I have no idea how Matt Rhule ever got that HC job. 

I just looked at the Panthers schedule.

Rhule will be fired soon.

On 8/15/2022 at 2:45 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I actually started late this year. I usually start this thread in late June or mid July before training camp. You never know how soon a coach might be fired. I've seen coaches only last 3 or 4 weeks into a season lol. 

In fact, if I'm remembering right, George Allen was fired by the Rams during pre-season in the mid to late 70's.

He was.  George was a difficult coach for an owner to deal with - too controlling and wanted too big a budget for his job.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:28 AM, Mat said:

Josh McDaniels 

Absolutely incredible that after the debacles in Denver and the pullout in Indy teams were still lining up to sign this guy.  Never understood it, never will.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Absolutely incredible that after the debacles in Denver and the pullout in Indy teams were still lining up to sign this guy.  Never understood it, never will.

3rd time might be a charm? Back to Foxboro?