Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2022? Who gets fired

VaBeach_Eagle

43 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Jeff Saturday named interim HC. Dafuq?

The ESPN talking head guy? Ooooooook. Yeesh. 

Now THAT was not expected.

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

Hmmm slightly surprised by the Reich firing. I thought he would get the entire year. But, those bad QB signings did him in.

I'm not really surprised. I figured it was coming, if not in season, then definitely after it. 

1 hour ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

He'll be in Philly as an 'offensive consultant' in a couple of days.

I wouldn't mind that. 

28 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Do the Eagles need an Offensive Consultant??

Probably not but I don't think it would hurt, but I like Frank so I'd just like to see him get another ring with us come February. 

38 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Only one explanation

giphy.gif

On 11/7/2022 at 1:01 PM, heavyharmonies said:

Jeff Saturday named interim HC. Dafuq?

It looks like a total ish show there. They don't even know who is going to be calling plays on Sunday. That whole organization is a dumpster fire. 

23 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I know Irsay is a raging drunk, so my first thought is he made this decision during one of his benders. It's more likely that he's trying to tank for the top pick.

He's a leader of men and he's not afraid.  Those are his qualifications folks, as given by Irsay and confirmed by Saturday.  It's madness.  We've seen similar things in baseball or soccer but those coaches don't actually do much.  NFL HC is one of the most demanding jobs in sports.

It’s almost as bad as making your  Offensive Line Coach your Defensive Coordinator. :facepalm:

Yeah, they are tanking for a top 3 pick, the QB from Ohio State makes sense for them. Especially after having like 4 different QBs over the past 4 years.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

How much longer will the Raiders stick with McDaniels? 

I’d be shocked if he got fired after this season.

In his defense, the Raiders have lost like 6 or 7 games by a TD or less. So, you could make the argument that they are ‘close’ and just need to finish games off better/stronger.

11 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Why not Mods 1-5? Surely the can be replaced?!

Most were demoted to lesser boards (igglephans, reddit), one got Rooney-ruled, and I think one got scrumpox after a pick-up rugby game in Kensington

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2022 at 5:47 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

How much longer will the Raiders stick with McDaniels? 

He will make it through this season. The offense has started putting up points. They'll give him at least one more season, but he isn't a good coach

On 10/3/2022 at 6:12 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I just don't see Denver pulling the trigger after less than a season, but agree Rivera is probably on the outs.

Commanders are 6-1-1 since then and right now hold the last wild card in the NFC even if they are also in last place in the NFC East (and have a better record than the 6-7 Bucs in the NFC South).  Rivera has gotten the Commanders to play hard. 

Hackett I think is gone after this season.  Too many miscues. 

7 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Commanders are 6-1-1 since then and right now hold the last wild card in the NFC even if they are also in last place in the NFC East (and have a better record than the 6-7 Bucs in the NFC South).  Rivera has gotten the Commanders to play hard. 

Hackett I think is gone after this season.  Too many miscues. 

Technically, Washington is the sixth seed right now and the Giants are seventh. 

• 2 weeks later...

Broncos fire coach Nathaniel Hackett after 4-11 start to first season in Denver

The Denver Broncos have fired head coach Nathaniel Hackett, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported Monday, per a source. The team has since announced the news.

"On behalf of our ownership and organization, I want to thank Nathaniel Hackett for his dedication as head coach of the Denver Broncos," team owner and CEO Greg Penner said in a statement. "We sincerely appreciate Nathaniel's efforts and wish him and his family all the best in the future.

"Following extensive conversations with (general manager) George (Paton) and our ownership group, we determined a new direction would ultimately be in the best interest of the Broncos. This change was made now out of respect for everyone involved and allows us to immediately begin the search for a new head coach.

"We recognize and appreciate this organization's championship history, and we understand we have not met that standard. Our fans deserve much better, and I can't say enough about their loyalty during such a challenging stretch for our team.

"Moving forward, we will carefully evaluate every aspect of our football operations and make whatever changes are necessary to restore this franchise's winning tradition.

"I will lead our head coaching search with support from our ownership group and George, whom I have confidence in as our general manager. As we begin the process of selecting our next head coach, we remain focused on playing competitive football to finish the season on a positive note."

Hackett has been dismissed before the conclusion of his first season in Denver. The Broncos had a 4-11 record under Hackett and his firing comes after Denver gave up 51 points in a loss to the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday.

The Broncos also announced that Paton will hold a press conference on Tuesday at noon ET (10 a.m. local time).

Sean Payton to Denver? I think the Broncos ownership might go for a big name HC and not an Assistant Coach from another team. 

They need a QB though.

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Can they get out of Wilsons contract?

I didn't read the article, but I saw a headline that indicated that they're stuck with him for at least one more season. 

• Haha 1

I still think Staley gets canned. He'll do something stupid asf in the playoffs that will cost them a W

• Like 1