Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2022? Who gets fired

VaBeach_Eagle

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Absolutely incredible that after the debacles in Denver and the pullout in Indy teams were still lining up to sign this guy.  Never understood it, never will.

Good points, but I think the Raiders first hired a GM, who was in NE for like the past 10 years or so. Then HE hired McDaniels. A bit of the ‘good old boy network’.  And some nepotism involved as well.

Rivera and Hackett are definitely gone. I doubt if either makes it the whole season. Lovie Smith should be on the seat too unless he fires the OC. 

8 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

Rivera and Hackett are definitely gone. I doubt if either makes it the whole season. Lovie Smith should be on the seat too unless he fires the OC. 

I just don't see Denver pulling the trigger after less than a season, but agree Rivera is probably on the outs.

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I just don't see Denver pulling the trigger after less than a season, but agree Rivera is probably on the outs.

I think Hackett finish the year but will be 1 and done for him. He seems clueless at times and judt trying to wing it. 

On 9/29/2022 at 12:21 PM, Mike030270 said:

Frank Reich but being given Ryan doesn't help things

Yeah, I'm kind of thinking that unless things turn around soon, Frank could be gone at the end of the season. If things go really bad, sooner. 

I think Chargers HC could be on the hot seat. Lots of talent on that team

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, I'm kind of thinking that unless things turn around soon, Frank could be gone at the end of the season. If things go really bad, sooner. 

if he does get fired then I'm curious if he takes an OC job or goes for HC again

12 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I think Chargers HC could be on the hot seat. Lots of talent on that team

if he does get fired then I'm curious if he takes an OC job or goes for HC again

I like Frank, I didn't want to see him go when he got the Indy job. I wouldn't mind him as our OC, if we were in the market for one when he's available. If he was available as HC when Doug was fired, I'd have been all for him. 

8 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I like Frank, I didn't want to see him go when he got the Indy job. I wouldn't mind him as our OC, if we were in the market for one when he's available. If he was available as HC when Doug was fired, I'd have been all for him. 

If the Eagles have a bit of success both Steichen and Gannon will be up for HC jobs. Reich has a working relationship with Sirianni so it wouldn't be shocking if he came here. Doug might also look to get Reich on his staff

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mat said:

If the Eagles have a bit of success both Steichen and Gannon will be up for HC jobs. Reich has a working relationship with Sirianni so it wouldn't be shocking if he came here. Doug might also look to get Reich on his staff

Yeah that was my thought. If the offense keeps going the way they are, there’s a good chance Steichen gets a HC job. 

I’d be all for bringing Reich in as OC… wonder if it would be weird for him to work under a HC who was once his own offensive coordinator though. :lol:

23 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Carson has hit the 'coach killer' part of his career.  in one season 2 of his last 3 head coaches could be fired.

On 10/2/2022 at 9:30 PM, Heavywchamp said:

Washington is a dumpster fire and Rivera's definitely gonna take the fall.  It's not really his fault.  I honestly think that franchise would be better off tanking and going 2-15 and starting over with a new franchise QB.

5 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Carson has hit the 'coach killer' part of his career.  in one season 2 of his last 3 head coaches could be fired.

Washington is a dumpster fire and Rivera's definitely gonna take the fall.  It's not really his fault.  I honestly think that franchise would be better off tanking and going 2-15 and starting over with a new franchise QB.

Rivera is the new Jeff Fisher. Had one outstanding season and the rest has been meh

• Like 2

On 9/21/2022 at 9:44 PM, LacesOut said:

I just looked at the Panthers schedule.

Rhule will be fired soon.

I was right about something!!! Yaaay for meeee!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Next loss by Rivera and he's gone

I dunno about next loss but yeah that dude's seat is blazing.  You figure he gets a couple games after Wentz is benched but all those draft picks on that bottom rung defense is all on him.

49 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Next loss by Rivera and he's gone

With the problems that Danny Boy is having, he may not want to focus on a coaching search and just let things ride for another year.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

With the problems that Danny Boy is having, he may not want to focus on a coaching search and just let things ride for another year.

In season firing of the guy who cam back from cancer last year is last thing Danny Boy needs, especially when the team is going nowhere anyways.  But man oh man would it be in character.

18 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

In season firing of the guy who cam back from cancer last year is last thing Danny Boy needs, especially when the team is going nowhere anyways.  But man oh man would it be in character.

Not really. He's never fired a coach during the season.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm slightly surprised by the Reich firing. I thought he would get the entire year. But, those bad QB signings did him in.