Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2022? Who gets fired

VaBeach_Eagle

14 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I didn't read the article, but I saw a headline that indicated that they're stuck with him for at least one more season. 

85 million dollar dead cap hit, with a loss of 49.6 million due to 17 million of his salary being guarantied.  So they are likely to keep him next year and then they can cut him the following year for a dead cap hit of 49.6 million and which is a 5.8 million cap savings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, paco said:

85 million dollar dead cap hit, with a loss of 49.6 million due to 17 million of his salary being guarantied.  So they are likely to keep him next year and then they can cut him the following year for a dead cap hit of 49.6 million and which is a 5.8 million cap savings.

Holy ish lol

21 hours ago, paco said:

YEESH!! 

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

Holy ish lol

27 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

YEESH!! 

If you are curious, here is the breakdown:

Year Age Base Salary Prorated Bonus Roster Bonus   Guaranteed Salary   Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Total   $199,000,000 $92,000,000 $5,000,000   $32,000,000   $296,000,000    
2022 34 $2,000,000 $10,000,000 $5,000,000   $7,000,000   $17,000,000 7.7%  
$124,000,000
($107,000,000)
2023 35 $8,000,000 $14,000,000 $0   $8,000,000   $22,000,000 9.2%  
$107,000,000
($85,000,000)
2024 📝 36 $17,000,000 $18,400,000 $0   $17,000,000   $35,400,000 13.8%  
$85,000,000
($49,600,000)
2025 📝 37 $37,000,000 $18,400,000 $0   $0   $55,400,000 --  
$49,600,000
$5,800,000
2026 38 $40,000,000 $18,400,000 $0   $0   $58,400,000 --  
$31,200,000
$27,200,000
2027 39 $45,000,000 $8,400,000 $0   $0   $53,400,000 --  
$12,800,000
$40,600,000
2028 40 $50,000,000 $4,400,000 $0   $0   $54,400,000 --  
$4,400,000
$50,000,000

I don't know what the Broncos saw in Wilson. He played like a has-been toward the end of his time in Seattle. The same could be said about Peyton but he was never mobile to begin with.

1 hour ago, ThinkGreen said:

I don't know what the Broncos saw in Wilson. He played like a has-been toward the end of his time in Seattle. The same could be said about Peyton but he was never mobile to begin with.

There were people who doubted the contract and marriage, kudos to them, but I'd say nobody saw him being the 2nd worst Qb in the NFL (Jets' Wilson) in yr 1.

42 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

There were people who doubted the contract and marriage, kudos to them, but I'd say nobody saw him being the 2nd worst Qb in the NFL (Jets' Wilson) in yr 1.

Well, how good was McNabb when he went to the Skins? I know people think Wilson was miles better but was he really? Wilson was better at interviews and had a better SB game. Not much. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 2:17 PM, Godfather said:

Kliff is done

Kliff has been fired

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Lovie fired by the Texans.

Lovey.PNG

Neither are shocking

If I'm Godell, I'm hitting the Texans with a "show cause" in the case of Lovie as I would be forcing the Texans to show where sponsors specifically demanded he be fired or they would pull out or season ticket holders threatening not to renew if Lovie had not been fired (much like the way the Phillies in 2000 admitted in spite of doing a very good job with a team riddled by injuries they fired Terry Francona because season ticket holders threatened not to renew unless he was fired at a time they were trying to get funding for Citizens Bank Park) and holding the Texans to that standard, taking away five first and five second round picks if they fail to because I think this firing was retaliatory for failing to lose the final game to the Colts and failing to get the first pick and making them otherwise keep Lovie for at least three more seasons where Lovie would be "fire-proof."  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

If I'm Godell, I'm hitting the Texans with a "show cause" in the case of Lovie ...

They'd have a very simple, effective and case closing answer. 

Texans.PNG

Should they have given him more than 17 games? That can be argued. But at the end of the day, Lovie didn't get the job done and the team has the right to move on.

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

They'd have a very simple, effective and case closing answer. 

Texans.PNG

Should they have given him more than 17 games? That can be argued. But at the end of the day, Lovie didn't get the job done and the team has the right to move on.

The team was total **** and no matter who was the coach they were going to be awful.  Lovie had them fighting hard.

This to me is a retaliatory firing because they beat the Colts, costing them the #1 pick in the draft and Bryce Young, who likely now is going to wind up with the Bears with the Bears trading Justin fields for at least a first and third from what I understand (some think the Jets would do that trade).  THAT is why I hit the Texans with a "show cause" penalty over this. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

This to me is a retaliatory firing because they beat the Colts, costing them the #1 pick in the draft and Bryce Young, who likely now is going to wind up with the Bears with the Bears trading Justin fields for at least a first and third from what I understand (some think the Jets would do that trade).  THAT is why I hit the Texans with a "show cause" penalty over this. 

They can show cause. 3-13-1, 0-7-1 at home, -131 point differential. 

Regardless of their internal reasoning, unless there's evidence of a conspiracy, those stats are cause enough.

Lovie was rightly or wrongly getting fired before that win. The win is just an F you on the way out the door

• Like 1

Chargers coach is done after last night.

If Bills lost today Leslie Frazier would probably be the scapegoat.

1 hour ago, wrestlevessel said:

Chargers coach is done after last night.

Chargers are definitely in the Sean Payton sweepstakes now. 

On 1/10/2023 at 11:49 AM, Wallyhorse said:

If I'm Godell, I'm hitting the Texans with a "show cause" in the case of Lovie as I would be forcing the Texans to show where sponsors specifically demanded he be fired or they would pull out or season ticket holders threatening not to renew if Lovie had not been fired (much like the way the Phillies in 2000 admitted in spite of doing a very good job with a team riddled by injuries they fired Terry Francona because season ticket holders threatened not to renew unless he was fired at a time they were trying to get funding for Citizens Bank Park) and holding the Texans to that standard, taking away five first and five second round picks if they fail to because I think this firing was retaliatory for failing to lose the final game to the Colts and failing to get the first pick and making them otherwise keep Lovie for at least three more seasons where Lovie would be "fire-proof."  

Since when does a team need a reason to justify firing their coach? 

• Like 2

On 1/10/2023 at 11:49 AM, Wallyhorse said:

You’ve got that backwards. Lovie knew he was a goner and that’s why he didn’t care if he won the final game. 

On 12/28/2022 at 7:40 AM, Godfather said:

I still think Staley gets canned. He'll do something stupid asf in the playoffs that will cost them a W

Choke job should get him canned. Not too mention Williams getting injured in a meaningless game at the end of the season

15 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Chargers are definitely in the Sean Payton sweepstakes now. 

I don't get the hype over Payton. I think he's overrated 

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't get the hype over Payton. I think he's overrated 

I go back and forth on him. In the end, I think he’s a good coach but not as great as people act like he is. 9-8 in the playoffs doesn’t seem particularly impressive when he had Drew Brees the majority of his coaching career.