I think the Detroit game will be a very, very difficult game.

JP HOF

6 hours ago, Godfather said:

So are we not playing the last game? 

probably not, season will be not worth playing at that point, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, olsilverhair said:

probably not, season will be not worth playing at that point, 

Sounds like we will be a lock for the number 1 seed

• Like 1

Detroit can suck a hptuenis.. or whatever that posters name is.  

Philly 36

Lions 17

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had some concerns about their passing game against our secondary but signing CJG alleviated those concerns. I am now expecting, no, I am now demanding 60 minutes of punishment. 60 minutes of ground and pound. 60 minutes of AJ Brown bench pressing Jeff Okudah.

We’re on to week two.

17 hours ago, Godfather said:

So are we not playing the last game? 

okay, 14-3 :showoff:

On 8/29/2022 at 9:32 PM, AngryBird said:

He's still going to rush four and try to turn Reddick into a coverage linebacker.

Then he's going to fail and next year he'll be looking for a new job rather than being a prime HC candidate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 12:47 PM, JP HOF said:

In fact I think we will lose.  I watched several games of theirs last year and they are so all in for Campbell.  Just the kind of team that can give us trouble.  I think Hutchinson will be tough to block and that running back D'Andre Swift is great, he will put up some serious yardage.

The Lions secondary is suspect. If I was game planning I would run towards Hutchinson let Jordan & Landon get a few hits in.
Then bring in Stoll for extra pass protection and play action deep to DeVonta Smith while they are focused on A.J. Brown Lions CB Amani Oruwariye will struggle covering him.

• Like 1

My bold prediction is 

Eagles 27

Lions 10

Highlights- 
Miles Sanders runs in for a touchdown 20+ yards, CB Slay gets a pick six thanks to pressure from DT Jordan Davis.

On 8/26/2022 at 9:51 AM, PhillyRockd said:

I'm pretty sure the Eagles players are all in on Nick too.

So you don't think the Eagles can run on the Lions? A rookie going against all pro type linemen isn't a worrisome? How about Detroit going against a pretty good WR Corp not to mention a possible future all pro TE?

well as the game grows nearer my confidence has grown.  I'm pretty sure we will put a lot of points on the board but I think Hutchinson may put up several sacks.

1 hour ago, JP HOF said:

well as the game grows nearer my confidence has grown.  I'm pretty sure we will put a lot of points on the board but I think Hutchinson may put up several sacks.

Didn't you think we had one of the best O-lines last season? Did you lose all confidence in them now?

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

Didn't you think we had one of the best O-lines last season? Did you lose all confidence in them now?

just think he's a beast and will dominate his rookie year.

I really don’t get the Detroit love fest. They were bad last year, didn’t make a whole lot of improvements in the offseason. The Eagles smoked them last year, and added a ton of talent to the roster this offseason. 

Eagles win by 20. 

5 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

just think he's a beast and will dominate his rookie year.

You think he's going to smoke Mailata for multiple sacks?

9 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

You think he's going to smoke Mailata for multiple sacks?

I think they may move him around.

This feels like a typical if we win I'm happy, if we lose I can at least say I told you so type of post.

Detroit was bad last year and Campbell stinks. This notion that they didn't lose games by a lot is funny.  They won 3 games.  That's really bad.  You don't have to lose them all by 20 to be bad

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JP HOF said:

I think they may move him around.

So Lane Johnson is going to get beat for a couple of those sacks?

Listen, it's entirely possible Hutchinson could get a sack and might not even be the fault of an offensive lineman. Hutchinson looks like he will have a long, productive career as a pass rusher and he dominated at times in college. But this is his first NFL game and he's playing a very talented, very experienced, healthy offensive line. It's very doubtful this will be his best game of the season (several sacks). 

• Like 1

I think the Lions are coming out swinging tomorrow.  Expect, a tough, physical game with some cheap shots.

Any road game in the NFL is a difficult game. You win half your road faces and mostly take care of business at home and you're a playoff team.