I think the Detroit game will be a very, very difficult game.

JP HOF

the lions suck...don't be worried just because their meathead head coach screams & curses all the time. :lol:  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

the lions suck...don't be worried just because their meathead head coach screams & curses all the time. :lol:  

he’ll bite your kneecaps off buddy!

your kneecaps!

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, JP HOF said:

In fact I think we will lose.  I watched several games of theirs last year and they are so all in for Campbell.  Just the kind of team that can give us trouble.  I think Hutchinson will be tough to block and that running back D'Andre Swift is great, he will put up some serious yardage.

I'm pretty sure the Eagles players are all in on Nick too.

So you don't think the Eagles can run on the Lions? A rookie going against all pro type linemen isn't a worrisome? How about Detroit going against a pretty good WR Corp not to mention a possible future all pro TE?

The lions have good team culture, they will not be a pushover this year like last, but there is a big talent gap between them and good teams. They are trending up, but I think we still win easy as long as we execute. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

The lions have good team culture, they will not be a pushover this year like last, but there is a big talent gap between them and good teams. They are trending up, but I think we still win easy as long as we execute. 

They have depth at WR, and a good RB, and as we have seen in the pre season, we struggle with play action.

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Yes, I missed laughing at you.  Nice thread title change over in CVON.

How about the new thread in R&R? 

It's the NFL, the Lions have added talent, and while the HC may be a meathead, he's developing a good culture over there.  Eagles have lost 3 out of their last 4 games against the Lions.  It's not a leap to say the game will not be a gimme - and you can be sure the Lions won't be looking past the Eagles on opening day after the beatdown the Eagles put on them in Detroit last year.  There are no guaranteed wins in the NFL.

No games are a gimmie for this team.  This team hasn't proven anything yet.  The Lions might actually be the perfect opening test for us....up and coming and will be fired up

• Like 3

We'd have a way better chance if Strong was starting. Line would probably move by about 10 points 

As EaglesAddict said, this team shouldn't be taking anybody lightly.....they haven't won anything.  Winning the offseason gets the fans all pumped up, but me means little if it doesn't translate to wins.

Once preseason is over and the roster is set, Sirianni and his staff will be laser focused on Detroit.  Detroit has improved their talent and the players seem to respond to Campbell's attitude and energy.  But the eagles have too, probably more.

It's the beauty of the NFL......free agency, the draft, training camp and preseason are all fun and create a lot of anticipation, discussion and predictions.  But it all boils down to winning....and it doesn't matter if it's a blowout, a win by a last second field goal or a fluke play.  

In philadelphia, fans always quialify wins by score differential, quality of opponent, how the team played or if the opponent gave the game away.....philly fans want style points.

The eagles have a lot to prove....They should be pumped up for this game as will Detroit.  Anything could happen......

• Like 2

The thing with the Lions is that they have that fighting spirit. If you put the rosters up against each other, there's no comparison. But the games aren't played on paper, they're played on the field. Their crowds going to be fired up and it'll give them a little extra juice so we'll need to bury them early, or physically wear them down in the trenches.

I also agree with we_gotta_believe. Hard Knocks makes these teams look like dynasties in the making, so ignore the noise.

• Like 1

Lions got some legit buzz and its more than Hard Knocks.  The oLine is looking solid, they have weapons (Swift is a legit threat for rushing leader), and people forget Goff is actually pretty dangerous when surrounded by a good cast.  Defense plays hard, has some holes, has some players.  Ford Field might actually be rocking for this one.

7 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

People get influenced way too much by shows like Hard Knocks.

Came here to say this

On 8/25/2022 at 12:47 PM, JP HOF said:

In fact I think we will lose.  I watched several games of theirs last year and they are so all in for Campbell.  Just the kind of team that can give us trouble.  I think Hutchinson will be tough to block and that running back D'Andre Swift is great, he will put up some serious yardage.

Remember the opening game against Atlanta last year. I see a repeat of that. 

58 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

my feeling is we lose, because of the qb

Great take arse licker. Catch up on all the swinging d's in the House of the Dragon? @hputenis said you added a few new bumps on your mouth

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Great take arse licker. Catch up on all the swinging d's in the House of the Dragon? @hputenis said you added a few new bumps on your mouth

did you marry your mom