GDT: Preseason, Philadelphia Eagles @ Miami Dolphins. 8-27-22, 7:30 PM EST

EagleJoe8

2 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

That's the story with about 8 players who started tonight's 

5 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

That's the story with about 8 players who started tonight's game.

Yup. Gonna be a lot of moves 

Nice play by Kyron Johnson. Would have liked to see him get the sack but all good.

TD, Taylor in coverage on Long.

Just now, metal said:

Yeah I think he had the catch at about the 1 foot line.

Looked like it bounced off the ground back into him

Just play Strong already and sign him to be behind Minshew. If Hurts and Minshew goes down we should just tank anyways lol I can't watch Sinnett anymore

Our backups suck ,that is my pre season contribution, have a good evening

Per Howard Eskin, Strong won't play. He wasn't good in practice and don't want to risk injury.

Forget the Carson Strong lightning rod debate for a second.

Any non-talented rookie udfa #4 qb behind Sinnett deserves more playing time than this in preseason.  You put the time in camp as a scrub, throwing drills to the team’s wrs…you get to show your stuff and put some tape together for your resume.  That’s a gentleman’s agreement between team and camp bodies.  You don’t cut playing time to stash players.

I think he did something wrong.

4 minutes ago, metal said:

Per Howard Eskin, Strong won't play. He wasn't good in practice and don't want to risk injury.

Who cares if he sucked in practice?  And if he sucked that badly, who cares about risking injury?

There were rumours during the draft process that Strong's attitude and football IQ wasn't the best.

I believe those rumours now.

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Who cares if he sucked in practice?  And if he sucked that badly, who cares about risking injury?

According to Howard they owe him money if he is injured. I guess it's some kind of injury guarantee and the team feels they don't have anything to gain by letting him play? Don't shoot the messenger.

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Forget the Carson Strong lightning rod debate for a second.

Any non-talented rookie udfa #4 qb behind Sinnett deserves more playing time than this in preseason.  You put the time in camp as a scrub, throwing drills to the team’s wrs…you get to show your stuff and put some tape together for your resume.  That’s a gentleman’s agreement between team and camp bodies.  You don’t cut playing time to stash players.

I think he did something wrong.

If it's really that bad, you'd think they'd have released him by now. It's not like they need a camp arm. They weren't using him there anyway. Whole thing is strange.

Archived