So what do we think of the Vikings?

JP HOF

Another very tough game though we've owned them in the last decade.  Cousins if he gets hot will shred us.  We should run a lot to keep their offense off the field.  Right now it feels like we're going to lose but hopefully I'll come around by the end of the week as I did last week.

I assume we will double Jefferson?

Just now, JP HOF said:

Another very tough game though we've owned them in the last decade.  Cousins if he gets hot will shred us.  We should run a lot to keep their offense off the field.  Right now it feels like we're going to lose but hopefully I'll come around by the end of the week as I did last week.

I assume we will double Jefferson?

Not sure what to make of the Vikings, cousins routinely puts up good stats and loses, Jefferson I'm sure will kill us and reagor will somehow make a huge play which will be a game winner.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Definitely don't want this to be a shoot out so I agree with the ground early and often...just need to finish drives early and often. I don't trust Gannon to apply pressure to make this game competitive. 

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Not sure what to make of the Vikings, cousins routinely puts up good stats and loses, Jefferson I'm sure will kill us and reagor will somehow make a huge play which will be a game winner.

I may lose what little mind I have left

6 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Definitely don't want this to be a shoot out so I agree with the ground early and often...just need to finish drives early and often. I don't trust Gannon to apply pressure to make this game competitive. 

I may lose what little mind I have left

Me too, if that happened I'd probably break my TV and sell my kids to replace it 

Got to be tougher and more assignment keyed. I like our corners. But, I think with Jefferson and Theilen, they need a sound scheme to cover both. Cook cannot be covered by a LB. Nor can he be arm tackled. They really need to watch as much film on how Cousins can get erratic, like any QB who is bothered by pressure. Cousins is prone to toss up some gifts ripe for the picking. 

Have to keep it in perspective:

Their offense looked like an unstoppable juggernaut…. Until you realize they finished the game scoring as many points as we had halfway through the second quarter. 

Packers always start the season slow, don’t have the receivers we do, and don’t have close to the run game we do.

Stop Dalvin Cook, double Jefferson and it’ll come down to Kirk Cousins and his 8-17 primetime record.

• Like 3

I think they are a good team. They have a number of weapons on offense and I think a good defense. And ultimately whilst I'm not a Coupons fan I don't think he's the worst in the league... He's bottom third for sure but probably towards the upper end of that third.

I'm just worried about whether our defense can get off the field on third downs. I fear that Cousins is going to have 400+ yards and have all day to throw. 

12 minutes ago, Gannan said:

The Vikings are going to put up a ton of points on this soft defense. 

This.

20 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

They’re being extremely overhyped because they have a great wr and very good RB. 

*Looks at eagles roster* 

16 minutes ago, vaff said:

What am I supposed to think of them? What have they ever done?

Beaten us every time we've played them since the NFC championship game.

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

Beaten us every time we've played them since the NFC championship game.

And you know Justin Jefferson wants to close the book on the Reagor / Jefferson conversation.  He may go for 200+ in this game.

It would be nice if the eagles defense could not allow the vikings to drive straight down the field for a TD on their first drive like the lions did and most teams seemed to do last year. Gannon needs a better plan to start the game. One of these games maybe he will start it out right.

• Like 1

Their RB is top 5, and their WR2 is some guy called Adam Thielen. I remember the last time we underrated the Vikings and we got smoked.

41 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Think they're still upset about that? Lol

I hope the fans are lol. Oh so close to being the first team to play a Super Bowl in their own stadium. 

Eagles gotta get to Cousins and force him into mistakes. The offense has to score early and often to make the Viking one dimensional. This is going to be a tough game especially if the Eagles are still working out all of their problems. Can’t keep having these presnap penalties and giving up so much pressure on our quarterback. Both lines have to be better than they were in Detroit. 

• Like 2