So what do we think of the Vikings?

JP HOF

Opposing forces at work with the Vikings.  The Eagles have had their problems with Cousins.  But he sucks in Prime Time.  I remember year's past where the Eagles had a strong opening day win on the road only to come home and lay an egg in week two.  But the Eagles didn't have a strong win in Detroit - they held on after letting the Lions get too close.  The Eagles also haven't beaten the Vikings since the NFCCG.

I think Minn. is the better team and the Vikes should win all other things being equal.  But with the MNF game at the Linc, I would think the intangibles, if there are any, favor the Eagles.

27 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

Damn you... cant unsee

Haha I’ve been making fun of it since we slapped them in the NFC championship game I noticed it. Definitely can’t unsee it 😂

FF17D2B3-3278-49FA-8DD3-FCD49BC570C1.jpeg

26BD9C21-F85F-4902-9D53-B1C3A2B89EA4.jpeg

• Haha 2

Its weird but i just cant seem to get worried when we play the Vikings.

I dunno if its because of our recent success against them, or the fact that the Eagles always seem to play their best against the Vikes. If they lose i can at least know this team isnt as good as we thought.

• Like 1

If the defense can get to some semblance of what they should be this should be a win for the birds. I don't think the lions are that bad or the packers are that good. This will be a good test. Actually probably good for us the lions game was as it was. Hopefully a wake up call. AJ is by far the best WR we have had since T.O. 

I will add I thought initially the eagles wouldn't be able to beat the vikings but they will need more than 21 to beat the eagles. Eagles had 21 by halftime. 

Vikings defense has played one game against a team that had no WR's. Any of our starting 3 or even 4 WR's would be a #1 on the packers for that game.. In 2017 the vikings were a top 5 defense or higher and they were beat handily. I will remain positive on the Eagles chances of a victory. 

• Like 1

This league is about timing, swings, matchups......Vikings coming off a beat down of their division rivals, Eagles home opener after not being sharp, the Vikings being "the better team", our defense looking like crap, everything kind of says the Vikings are going to beat us so....Eagles win!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/13/2022 at 6:49 PM, JamesK said:

I think many fans didn't take the Lions seriously enough, and on the other hand, I think many fans are taking the Vikings too seriously. 

I really hope the fans come out strong this week and put up great effort or the Eagles might lose this game!  

• Haha 1

You have to get pressure on Cousins or he’ll move the ball all day. This is my biggest concern, because I’m not convinced that Gannon can scheme well enough to put consistent pressure on a QB all game. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Columbus Eagle said:

You have to get pressure on Cousins or he’ll move the ball all day. This is my biggest concern, because I’m not convinced that Gannon can scheme well enough to put consistent pressure on a QB all game. 

So how about this supposedly upper echelon defensive line, and Hasaan Reddick who we paid, just go win some matchups and get to Cousins.  Why does it have to be schemed ??

19 hours ago, Procus said:

Opposing forces at work with the Vikings.  The Eagles have had their problems with Cousins.  But he sucks in Prime Time.  I remember year's past where the Eagles had a strong opening day win on the road only to come home and lay an egg in week two.  But the Eagles didn't have a strong win in Detroit - they held on after letting the Lions get too close.  The Eagles also haven't beaten the Vikings since the NFCCG.

I think Minn. is the better team and the Vikes should win all other things being equal.  But with the MNF game at the Linc, I would think the intangibles, if there are any, favor the Eagles.

this is what I'm feeling, the thought of the home crowd in the MNF air, I now think we will win.

2 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

this is what I'm feeling, the thought of the home crowd in the MNF air, I now think we will win.

So you started a thread, for the sake of starting a thread, and didn’t actually believe anything you posted. That’s about par for the course for you.

33 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So you started a thread, for the sake of starting a thread, and didn’t actually believe anything you posted. That’s about par for the course for you.

Says someone who thought Many Saints of Newark was a good movie

Vikings have some players on defense, two guys a lot of us hoped the Eagles were looking at in the draft Cine and Booth.  Kendrick’s is an underrated coverage LB, we know Hicks, and last week he continued to do what he does and tackle everything. 
 Danielle Hunter is good pass rusher when he’s healthy, plus Harrison Smith, JG’s favorite player. 
 It should be a close game, both teams run the same defense, but I think Minny shot their load last week, just like last year when Denver smoked the Cowboys then were dead when they played the Eagles.     24-17 Eagles. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Seems like this is going to be the weekly thing...  Start a thread with a prediction to change it later in the week, -5 stah thread! 

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2022 at 11:27 PM, Thrive said:

The Vikes simply looked better than we did. It would take a leap of faith to believe the roles will reverse this week. The simplest answer is that it will take us a few weeks to get our acts together and we are just meeting a team that is just further along right now.

I think we lose this game next week but likely wouldn’t lose it in November if healthy.

This is a week to week league. Last week means nothing. How often do you see a team look like crap one week and awesome the next week or vice versa. 

• Like 1

It'll be a tough game. Need to pressure Cousins, he is underrated by a lot of people but can get rattled easy if there's a lot of pressure. 

6 hours ago, Procus said:

Have the Eagles beaten a good team that wasn't banged up since Siri has been HC?

Yeah thats why this would be a good test. Im looking forward to see if the Eagles pass the test.

• Like 1

It's hard to gauge where the Vikings are, because the Packers were so horrible Sunday, but Reagor is their punt returner, so their special teams must suck ass.

Jefferson looks like an all timer (worst draft decision ever) and he was allowed to run wild on Sunday, he made most of his catches look like busted coverage, we can't let that happen, but our corners are better and definitely faster than Rasul Douglas.

I expect a tough game because we're still not properly game sharp but I think we can squeak this one.

• Like 1

Let’s not get too high on the Vikings because they beat up the Packers week 1 though. Green Bay also sucked ass in week 1 last year too. 

I’m expecting the offense to put up plenty of points and I do think the pass rush will get going much more than last week. We’ll see, but I’ve got the Eagles in a shootout. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Procus said:

Have the Eagles beaten a good team that wasn't banged up since Siri has been HC?

To be fair, they’ve had very few opportunities to do so with the schedule they’ve had.