So what do we think of the Vikings?

JP HOF

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Eagles gotta get to Cousins and force him into mistakes. The offense has to score early and often to make the Viking one dimensional. This is going to be a tough game especially if the Eagles are still working out all of their problems. Can’t keep having these presnap penalties and giving up so much pressure on our quarterback. Both lines have to be better than they were in Detroit. 

Unfortunately that may not matter. We had a 17 point lead in the 3rd quarter, but Detroit never had to abandon the run since our defense was so shiddy. I’m also not sure asking them to throw to Jefferson and Thielan is the best thing for us either lol. 

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Unfortunately that may not matter. We had a 17 point lead in the 3rd quarter, but Detroit never had to abandon the run since our defense was so shiddy. I’m also not sure asking them to throw to Jefferson and Thielan is the best thing for us either lol. 

Well giving it to Cook is no picnic too. At least we have three really good corners, but none of that will matter if the front guys don’t get home. Cousins has always played the Eagles tough. I don’t think we have beaten the Vikings since that playoff game. This isn’t an easy matchup for the Eagles in any way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well giving it to Cook is no picnic too. At least we have three really good corners, but none of that will matter if the front guys don’t get home. Cousins has always played the Eagles tough. I don’t think we have beaten the Vikings since that playoff game. This isn’t an easy matchup for the Eagles in any way. 

Agreed on all counts. We haven't beaten them since. 0-2. I think their offense is going to have a good night against our D. I'm curious to see how we do against theirs.

• Like 1

I don't like this game. The Vikes are tough running and passing the ball. This could end up being another shootout where the Defense gives up huge yards. 

This game will come down to turnovers, and red zone efficiency. 

Ultimately, special teams may be the deciding factor. 

I think many fans didn't take the Lions seriously enough, and on the other hand, I think many fans are taking the Vikings too seriously. 

• Like 1

I think it's either them or the Bucs as the best team in the NFC.  If the Eagles win they will fully deserve to be in that conversation. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think they are a good team. They have a number of weapons on offense and I think a good defense. And ultimately whilst I'm not a Coupons fan I don't think he's the worst in the league... He's bottom third for sure but probably towards the upper end of that third.

Cousins is in no way a bottom third of the league QB.  

• Like 1

I thought before the season that these two teams were final four NFC quality and week 1 conformed it.  Cousins is Cousins, but with this HC and JJ he's set up for a career year where most people will have him as high as 7th-8th in the Qb power rankings by season end.  Eagles Defense is learning some new moves and it might cost them this game, but talent wise I like the Eagles matchups up front.  

Jefferson goes off for 200 yards and 3 tds 😂. I’d like to see another win but I have a feeling it might be another high scoring game.

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don't think the Vikings will have the staying power the Lions had, they were playing inspired football.  If we're up 2 touchdowns anytime in the 2nd half, it's over.

If our D doesn’t show up we’re doomed. I think we can move the ball on the Vikings, but that stink’n Cousins can move it on us. All that being said I think we’ll survive 23-21. 

2 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

I don't think the Vikings will have the staying power the Lions had, they were playing inspired football.  If we're up 2 touchdowns anytime in the 2nd half, it's over.

I don't trust this defense, even with a 2 TD lead.

• Like 3

They have to pressure Cousins.  Simple as that.   If he beats it then so be it.  But you have to send extra rushers for a majority of the game.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JP HOF said:

Another very tough game though we've owned them in the last decade.  Cousins if he gets hot will shred us.  We should run a lot to keep their offense off the field.  Right now it feels like we're going to lose but hopefully I'll come around by the end of the week as I did last week.

I assume we will double Jefferson?

You’re some Negadelphian. Didn’t you say they were going to lose to Detroit last week? 

Minnesota is very beatable. Their defense sucks every year. Sure, they have some good skill players but if you get pressure on Cousins, he will fold like a cheap suit. You just can’t let him sit back there and dink and dunk and then hit you with a big play downfield. This is the best group of corners we’ve had in a long time and I feel comfortable with the matchup. Gannon’s game plan is my biggest concern. 

29 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

You’re some Negadelphian. Didn’t you say they were going to lose to Detroit last week? 

Minnesota is very beatable. Their defense sucks every year. Sure, they have some good skill players but if you get pressure on Cousins, he will fold like a cheap suit. You just can’t let him sit back there and dink and dunk and then hit you with a big play downfield. This is the best group of corners we’ve had in a long time and I feel comfortable with the matchup. Gannon’s game plan is my biggest concern. 

The Vikes simply looked better than we did. It would take a leap of faith to believe the roles will reverse this week. The simplest answer is that it will take us a few weeks to get our acts together and we are just meeting a team that is just further along right now.

I think we lose this game next week but likely wouldn’t lose it in November if healthy.

4 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

I changed my mind on Detroit 2 days before that game.  I'm feeling a change of heart about this one also.

17 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Cousins is in no way a bottom third of the league QB.  

He always gives his all from start to finish but he's often the victim of bad luck - receivers who give up the ball and other weird misplays that undercut his efforts.
Even back in college it was like that for him.

That said, the Vikings look like they've got it going on this year so the Birds will be tested this week.

23 hours ago, Peacekeeper said:

I think the Vikings horn on their helmet looks like a swimming sperm 

CB59873F-8CED-4AEE-9EFC-1DC3C5F04381.jpeg

Damn you... cant unsee