So what do we think of the Vikings?

JP HOF

16 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Kurt Cousins is 6-3 all time against the Eagles. 

Kirk Warner was like 1-4 all time so 👀

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

And he’s 2-9(!) on MNF, with the only two wins being against Chicago

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Really? Hmm let's hope that Coupons turns up and not the Coupons who usually shows up against us. 

On 9/17/2022 at 8:58 AM, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Yep. And he’s 0-1 on Monday night against the Eagles. 

On 9/16/2022 at 1:45 PM, jsdarkstar said:

But 0-1 against them on Monday night, to go along with his overall 2-9 Monday night record. 

I think the Vikings are pretty good. They beat up on an overrated Packers team last week. I think tonight it all depends on the Eagles. If they clean up their mistakes, this is their game to lose. If they make the same blunders as last week: stupid penalties, just an overall lack of awareness, and porous defense... I think the Vikings will capitalize and steal an important road win.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, toolg said:

I think the Vikings are pretty good. They beat up on an overrated Packers team last week. I think tonight it all depends on the Eagles. If they clean up their mistakes, this is their game to lose. If they make the same blunders as last week: stupid penalties, just an overall lack of awareness, and porous defense... I think the Vikings will capitalize and steal an important road win.

Agreed.

I see the Vikings scoring a lot. Passing with success, running with success, one of those games where they are firing on all cylinders.

16 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Agreed.

I see the Vikings scoring a lot. Passing with success, running with success, one of those games where they are firing on all cylinders.

I am not overly impressed with Vikings Oline. The Eagles defensive rush needs to own the LOS, force Cousins to make mistakes. Otherwise yeah, they have some playmakers that can put up numbers.

Vikings?  Their pass game scares me.  JJ is one of the best, if not the best WR in the NFL.  He's got a mediocre QB throwing him the ball, which limits him, but he's still dangerous.   We need our defense, particularly linebackers and secondary, to step up and make some plays tonight.  I think they can do it.  A win tonight can be a statement game to the rest of the league that we're ready.  Go birds.

There is more than a passing resemblance of familiarity within the game. Former Eagle Jordan Hicks, young Eagle MLB with promise and lengthy injury history returns. He had an active game last week.  I just hope we can get to Cousins, the Dline needs to make some noise and not allow long drives or the dreaded X play. Which is my biggest concern. Giving up 20+ yard plays to the likes of Cook, Theilen, and Jefferson. They make way too much money for their lack of production. Jalen needs to play within in himself and allow the fluidy of the offense to flow through him. Stay in control, Be attentive. Run the ball, wear on them. Use your playmakers.

20 minutes ago, seengreen said:

There is more than a passing resemblance of familiarity within the game. Former Eagle Jordan Hicks, young Eagle MLB with promise and lengthy injury history returns. He had an active game last week.  I just hope we can get to Cousins, the Dline needs to make some noise and not allow long drives or the dreaded X play. Which is my biggest concern. Giving up 20+ yard plays to the likes of Cook, Theilen, and Jefferson. They make way too much money for their lack of production. Jalen needs to play within in himself and allow the fluidy of the offense to flow thorugh him. Stay in control, Be attentive. Run the ball, wear on them. Use your playmakers.

If we don't get to Cousins, Jefferson is going to kill us.

27 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I agree. I'm not sold on the Eagles' pass rush though. They may have to press Jefferson at the line, knock him off his route there, and double him the rest of the way, on...well...every single play. Hopefully Cousins poops the bed under the bright lights.

34 minutes ago, downundermike said:

How much faith do you have in them getting to him?

On 9/17/2022 at 6:45 AM, judunno said:

Kirk Warner was like 1-4 all time so 👀

His and Kurts son is the QB for Temple. 

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

I agree. I'm not sold on the Eagles' pass rush though. They may have to press Jefferson at the line, knock him off his route there, and double him the rest of the way, on...well...every single play. Hopefully Cousins poops the bed under the bright lights.

Press? Lol. They give more cushion to receivers then any other team in the league

• Like 1

Just now, Road to Victory said:

Wait, who was saying the Viking were the better team? We dominated both sides of the ball. 

So before the season we thought it would be an easy game. They had a good week one, so we thought they were something they weren't. It happens.

Just now, Diehardfan said:

So before the season we thought it would be an easy game. They had a good week one, so we thought they were something they weren't. It happens.

I pointed out a few days ago that we should take that week one game against GB too seriously. The Packers were awful in week 1 last season too.

9 minutes ago, nipples said:

I pointed out a few days ago that we should take that week one game against GB too seriously. The Packers were awful in week 1 last season too.

Yeah, the Eagles defense played bad then great tonight. I'm guessing it's some place in the middle leaning towards being solid. Still not a fan of the DC or the coach.

18 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

• Haha 1