Howie is involved in the game plan per Gannon; Nick clarified it's for personnel decisions only

NOTW

7 hours ago, nipples said:

It doesn’t matter if you’re buying it or not. Seems to me you just like to find anything you possibly can to be negative, even if it’s a non-issue. 

Why in the world are you defending that BS? 

Howie's job is finished and he should act like it, he's not a coach nor coordinator, GTFO!!!

7 hours ago, judunno said:

In some multi-verse somewhere there's a positive optimistic VA that is a half glass full type of dude that we all love.

It’s probably on the bottom of the flat earth. 

On 9/16/2022 at 12:07 AM, EagleVA said:

Howie's job is finished and he should act like it, he's not a coach nor coordinator, GTFO!!!

His job isn’t finished though. He has roster responsibilities throughout the season that necessitate gameplan knowledge 

• Like 2

On 9/16/2022 at 12:07 AM, EagleVA said:

Why are you even posting about football,  it's pretty darn clear you're clueless. Because that might be the uneducated thing I've seen since the election. 

8 hours ago, PhillyRockd said:

Why are you even posting about football,  it's pretty darn clear you're clueless. Because that might be the uneducated thing I've seen since the election. 

With 42 posts I doubt you've seen much of anything.

9 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

His job isn’t finished though. He has roster responsibilities throughout the season that necessitate gameplan knowledge 

If you want to believe that, more power to you, as for me, I think it's nothing more than spin from the GM because he knows he's out of his lane with attending gameplan meetings.

2 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

If you want to believe that, more power to you, as for me, I think it's nothing more than spin from the GM because he knows he's out of his lane with attending gameplan meetings.

No one ever said he attends the gameplan meetings, you made that part up.

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

No one ever said he attends the gameplan meetings, you made that part up.

I could find the transcript of when Gannon addressed the matter but it ain't that important to me.

Bottom line, Howie is a meddler, if you haven't figured that out by now then shame on you.

On 9/14/2022 at 12:51 PM, NOTW said:

Rumors over the years about Howie involved in game day decisions seemingly confirmed by Gannon saying he went over the defensive game plan with Nick and Howie.

"We set up the game plan a certain way and say, ‘Hey, we want to come out of the game kind of looking like this,’ and we do that with the head coach and with Howie," Gannon said.

Nick was asked about it in a follow up.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022/9/15/23355008/eagles-nick-sirianni-clarifies-howie-roseman-role-game-planning-process-janarious-robinson

"We have Howie’s support, and he just wants to help us do our job as best we can do, and that’s how he helps us there in that aspect.”

"But, at the end of the day, I have the say of who’s up on game day and what we need. He’s not sitting in there game-planning with us either.”

I think Nick did well to try and cover up Gannon’s flub, and they’re young guys so they do tend to make some mistakes. Still not sure why Gannon’s views so highly in NFL circles. Really hoping the guy everyone is so high on starts showing up soon, because he’s running out of excuses.

23 hours ago, EagleVA said:

With 42 posts I doubt you've seen much of anything.

Because of people like you,  who talked out their tail without knowing the dynamic how organization works. If your laurels are based on how many post one person makes, I feel sorry for you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhillyRockd said:

Because of people like you,  who talked out their tail without knowing the dynamic how organization works.

The point I was making is you called me uneducated without knowing a damn thing about me, had you been around for awhile you may have gathered a little here and a little there but with 42 posts, you know nothing, aka, you talking out of your arse.  

Speaking of uneducated, is the highlighted phrase grammatically correct?  Me no think so!!

Howie installed the defense that got 9 sacks.  Lock for Executive of the Year!

37 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Howie installed the defense that got 9 sacks.  Lock for Executive of the Year!

@EazyEaglez get that thread going!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

The defensive game plan was to spend a #2 overall  pick on a scrub and dump him on your divisional opponent......brilliant!!

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

@EazyEaglez get that thread going!

I’m gonna make a thread is it time to put me and the rest of the people in the basement that wanted to put Howie back in the basement? 😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2022 at 1:44 PM, Connecticut Eagle said:

If while having a discussion with his DC, the GM gains a better understanding of how traits, skills, etc. (draft stuff) impact the game planning process, then it is a worthwhile conversation.

Besides I imagine this part of the season is pretty dull from the GM perspective so gives him something to do

On 9/21/2022 at 12:02 PM, NOTW said:

We can thank Howie for that defensive performance.  Keep it up!

NNUR4VVHWVBPTGMVAO45KCLJN4.jpg

Let's just hope Howie doesn't believe that.