Revenge Games

xxeaglesfanxx

Week 8 is a revenge game for Hargrave when the Steelers come to town

Week 9 is a revenge game for Nelson when the Eagles go to Houston

• Like 2

On 9/25/2022 at 9:36 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

It would be criminal to lose at home to the Jags now.

It would undo a lot of the good feeling this team has built up. 

• Like 1

The only revenge game that I want to see (this coming February) is avenging Super Bowl XV marking our third Lombardi.

19 hours ago, Godfather said:

Week 8 is a revenge game for Hargrave when the Steelers come to town

Week 9 is a revenge game for Nelson when the Eagles go to Houston

Cooks for gonna want some revenge for being knocked into the week after the Super Bowl in the Super Bowl.

On 9/25/2022 at 4:23 PM, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Three weeks in a row of "revenge” games. Reagor did nothing, Wentz was sacked 9 times with zero tds, and now Pederson returns. Let’s hope for another W  and a 4-0 start.

Out of the three games labeled "revenge games", this is the only game I think the title fits. I mean Vikings punt returner Jalen Reagor was given nothing but chances and support but he failed to live up to the hype of a first round pick, (or even 7th round pick). In regards to QB Carson Wentz while QB Jalen Hurts was drafted in the second round it was expressed as a decent backup QB was needed due to all the times Carson had been injured since being drafted (especially so close to Post Season). The fact that Carson Wentz couldn't handle competition or the fact that the team felt Jalen Hurts provided them with the best chance to win causing Carson to throw a tantrum after a disappointing performance all season that led to Carson being benched for Jalen Hurts. Was not the Eagles organization's fault or Jalen Hurts, it was Carson's fault for not performing up to the expectations of his contract. The same I guess could be said about Doug Pederson, but in Doug's case (if the rumors are true), he was crippled in his actions by interference from the owner down. In my opinion if that was true which sound bad at the time the news broke, in light of recent events of this season (it's probably because GM Howie knew more than the fans & media about the direction the Eagles team needed to take to be successful in the future)!

Revenge game, I think the three games were titled correctly but it is the Eagles franchise seeking revenge against those players and coaches that failed to live up to their contracts and later wanted to blame everyone but themselves & we all know what ROCKY says about that.

GO EAGLES!  

On 9/26/2022 at 10:13 AM, NOTW said:

We need @xxeaglesfanxx to answer for this discrepancy and make amends.  He might seek help from @4for4EaglesNest on how to make an indefensible thread.

Oh yeah that’s right. Guess we’ll have 5 weeks in a row of "revenge” games 😂

I almost forgot about TE Zach Ertz revenge game week 5,  since I haven't heard much from Zach in the news much since he left Philadelphia.
Would we go ahead and say revenge game for week 6 against Dallas because of Jason Peters?

Week 7 - Bye Week

Week 8- DT Hargrave as Godfather mentioned above & week 9 - Nelson

Week 10 - Carson revenge game again anyone?

Week 11-  Colts revenge against Eagles for giving them Carson?  Zach Pascal revenge?

Week 12- I think it ends with Packers can't think of any revenge motives there.

8 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

I almost forgot about TE Zach Ertz revenge game week 5,  since I haven't heard much from Zach in the news much since he left Philadelphia.
Would we go ahead and say revenge game for week 6 against Dallas because of Jason Peters?

Week 7 - Bye Week

Week 8- DT Hargrave as Godfather mentioned above & week 9 - Nelson

Week 10 - Carson revenge game again anyone?

Week 11-  Colts revenge against Eagles for giving them Carson?  Zach Pascal revenge?

Week 12- I think it ends with Packers can't think of any revenge motives there.

Revenge games end with Chicago. McLeod will have revenge on his mind when we play Indy

Packers- Douglas 

Titans- Le'Raven Clark

Giants- Bradberry

• Like 1