Are we allowed to get excited yet?

kiwinavega

Very happy so far and this looks like an obvious playoff team.   But to win the East, we have to show that we can beat Dallas.   They have had our number lately.

I wasn't able to watch the Eagles today and instead watched the freaking Cowboys.   I have seen all 4 of their games.   That defense, with Parsons and Dan Quinn as DC, might be the best that I have seen in a long, long time.    They have yet to give up 20 points.    They move Parsons around and it causes complete havoc, which allows the other guys to succeed.   They really pressure the QB.    Our D has been good.  But, not on that level.

Our offense right now (pending injuries) is better than Dallas.   But, this team needs to show that they have an answer for that Dallas D.    We will find out in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

In the off-season people said this was going to be an easy schedule for us. It hasn't exactly been easy but it's 4-0

Don't let someone keep you from being excited

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Carrots, potatos and beef. With corn bread. 

eat-corb-bread.gif

7 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

4-0 and the only unbeaten team in the NFL. Overcame a lot of adversity, **** conditions, injuries, a 14 point deficit early, and yet it felt like a relatively easy win.

Am I allowed to get excited yet? Go Birds

You have my permission and you are welcome.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

It's okay to be excited but I'm more optimistic if that makes any sense. I was proud that the team held up and gutted out a win in the conditions they played in. I'm especially optimistic knowing we have the ability to beat a team through the air or on the ground based on the weather conditions. I just hope we can run up the score and curb stomp Cowboys in 2 weeks. 

Yes, I think we have seen there is talent on the team.

But that showed fight yesterday.

They never gave up after a first quarter were it seemed everything was going against them.

Stood up, forced errors and took advantage.

They will lose games but we know they'll never quit. 

Great character.

• Like 1

Cowboys fans were screaming super bowl after their backup quarterback came in. Anyways I think there’s a lot to like about this football team. The coaches are willing to completely adapt their game plans almost on a weekly basis depending on the conditions and the opponents. The players are like able and it seems like everyone is willing to contribute wherever they’re needed. They’re showing they can be resilient by overcoming a deficit, injuries, and terrible weather conditions. The only test left is if they can overcome what’s considered an elite level football team. This Arizona game is a good test for them. Hopefully their injuries aren’t too significant. So far this has been something to be excited about. 

• Like 1

I'm waiting for an injury update.  Losing Mailata and Semaulo for an extended period of time could deflate things for us.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, JamesK said:

I'm waiting for an injury update.  Losing Mailata and Semaulo for an extended period of time could deflate things for us.

Semaulo gets lost every year

39 minutes ago, JamesK said:

I’m optimistic about Mailata. The fact that he was doing work on the sidelines to see if he could get back into the game seems like it isn’t a serious injury. But guess we will see. 

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Cowboys fans were screaming super bowl after their backup quarterback came in. Anyways I think there’s a lot to like about this football team. The coaches are willing to completely adapt their game plans almost on a weekly basis depending on the conditions and the opponents. The players are like able and it seems like everyone is willing to contribute wherever they’re needed. They’re showing they can be resilient by overcoming a deficit, injuries, and terrible weather conditions. The only test left is if they can overcome what’s considered an elite level football team. This Arizona game is a good test for them. Hopefully their injuries aren’t too significant. So far this has been something to be excited about. 

I don't think Arizona are that good, they took ages to put away a dreadful Panthers Yesterday and needed overtime to beat a pretty ordinary Raiders, they lost both their home games to decent teams, their rushing and passing attack is inconsistent.

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sadly we don't play an elite level team until GB in week 13. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The toughest team left on the schedule was maybe Green Bay? 

They have their hands full with Bailey Zappe right now.

I think Dallas is better than Green Bay. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

4-0 and the only unbeaten team in the NFL. Overcame a lot of adversity, **** conditions, injuries, a 14 point deficit early, and yet it felt like a relatively easy win.

Am I allowed to get excited yet? Go Birds

I'm not surprised. I had them at 7-2, and finishing 13-4. Why? With all the talent they loaded up on this year, they BETTER reach at least those milestones. No surprises here so far, except for the Gannon and Hurts growth happening right NOW. √

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

Green Bay is not elite.  They play in a bad conference, so they'll look better than they are, but Rodgers really does not have a lot of weapons.  An injury to any one offensive player will have exponential effects to their ability to win games.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gregbwfc1 said:

Yes, I think we have seen there is talent on the team.

But that showed fight yesterday.

They never gave up after a first quarter were it seemed everything was going against them.

Stood up, forced errors and took advantage.

They will lose games but we know they'll never quit. 

Great character.

It’s been like that for years.

I love that about the Birds!

• Like 1

Get me to 12 or 13 and 0 and then I'll start getting excited. 4-0 is pleasing, 12-0 is exciting.

19 minutes ago, Vee said:

Green Bay is not elite.  They play in a bad conference, so they'll look better than they are, but Rodgers really does not have a lot of weapons.  An injury to any one offensive player will have exponential effects to their ability to win games.

Did you mean GB plays in a bad Division? Because the Iggles play in the same Conference as GB. Ya know, the NFC.

And I am getting a little excited. Need to beat Dallass though. They are showing a lot of life after losing Dak.

7 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Did you mean GB plays in a bad Division? Because the Iggles play in the same Conference as GB. Ya know, the NFC.

And I am getting a little excited. Need to beat Dallass though. They are showing a lot of life after losing Dak.

Yeah, my mistake.

I am more concerned about Dallass than Green Bay.  As you know, divisional games are always harder than they need to be....Commanders apparently excluded from that comment.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vee said:

I am more concerned about Dallass than Green Bay.  As you know, divisional games are always harder than they need to be....Commanders apparently excluded from that comment.

Agreed.

Can't believe the Giants are 3-1. Yeesh.

39 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Im surprised were favored by 5.5 against the Cardinals. Wow.

Really? If I'm a bookie I set the line at -7.5 Eagles, that to me is the point where I would be struggling to pick a side (though I would still take the Eagles against the spread - I'm three in a row, not that I bet, I just keep score in my head)

55 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Im surprised were favored by 5.5 against the Cardinals. Wow.

I’m not surprised. Cardinals are an average team at best. I think the Jags are a better team than the Cardinals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vee said:

Their the closest thing to elite on our schedule is what I'm getting at. The NFC as a whole is weak. Have you seen our schedule? We'll take a few Ls somewhere but we won't face any real contenders until GB as it seems.  

5 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

The way the Green Bay are playing they’re just as up and down as some of these other teams. They went to overtime with the Pats who didn’t even have their quarterback.