I hope Roseman makes a big move before the bye

Infam

I know there are still people in wait and see, but this is the right time to add.

If it was me looking from the outside I’d say: Get McCaffrey. We always liked that kind of RB/ receiver hybrid plus adding another star weapon that can do both is a perfect fit. And he is cheap this year, then signed for three more years without guarantees.

Then I would suggest to try for Clelin Ferrell. He’s a young DE that won’t be expensive and adds in very well for the rotation. Lot’s of potential with not too much investment.

What’s your opinion? Make a move or sit tight? Push for this year or early re-signs of our own? Maybe both?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope they go after that Burns kid DE from Panthers.

It will pretty much set Eagles up for a sure Superbowl..

• Like 6

Ferrell has been a bust for the Raiders. I’m not sure he would be any kind of solution.

If there are deals to be made, I hope they are for extensions to guys already on the roster. 

Bradberry

Gardner-Johnson

White

Epps

Keep this awesome defense intact for at least a few more seasons!

• Like 15

ST seems the weak point of the team at the moment.  RS and cover guys need improvements, the latter could be improved by better coaching and schems.  These won't be too expensive to get and could boost the lacking ST to similar level of the O and D.

If Howie makes a move I can guarantee you won’t know the name until the last moment. Areas of concern maybe is return guy. Maybe another safety? I’m not as big on Epps as they are and Wallace stinks. Frankly they’re pretty deep all around. I guess you can’t have enough pass rush, but they’re barely finding enough snaps for the guys they have now. How about backup TE? I don’t see a lot of moves to make here unless someone gets injured and will be out for a very long period of time. 

25 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Areas of concern maybe is return guy. 

Sign Desean for one more year, make him the return man for punt and kick off.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jeep_man said:

Sign Desean for one more year, make him the return man for punt and kick off.....

I don’t think Jackson is a KR guy. I think it’s best to pass on Jackson at this point. 

• Like 2

McCaffrey wouldn't make sense to me. He doesn't add anything we don't already have on the roster. His health hasn't been reliable. Our starter is having his best season as a pro and our depth is underrated and can step in without us having to change anything on offense.

Honestly, I don't think we need to "add" just to add. This team is playing like a team and some of the new faces are starting to settle in. It would be wise to use cap space to keep this team together as much as possible rather than tinkering with new pieces that prevent us from retaining some current key performers after the season. 

• Like 3

Clelin Ferrell i always liked even though the raiders reached for em that high

low risk move wouldn’t mind 

mccaffrey would be nice but iono worth the price plus i like the eagles backfield if they can stay healthy plenty of depth or sign jordan howard again if needed 

5 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

If there are deals to be made, I hope they are for extensions to guys already on the roster. 

Bradberry

Gardner-Johnson

White

Epps

Keep this awesome defense intact for at least a few more seasons!

This ^^^^

24 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

McCaffrey wouldn't make sense to me. He doesn't add anything we don't already have on the roster. His health hasn't been reliable. Our starter is having his best season as a pro and our depth is underrated and can step in without us having to change anything on offense.

Honestly, I don't think we need to "add" just to add. This team is playing like a team and some of the new faces are starting to settle in. It would be wise to use cap space to keep this team together as much as possible rather than tinkering with new pieces that prevent us from retaining some current key performers after the season. 

And this^^^ x1000

But I wouldn't mind Burns if the price is right. 

6 hours ago, Infam said:

I know there are still people in wait and see, but this is the right time to add.

If it was me looking from the outside I’d say: Get McCaffrey. We always liked that kind of RB/ receiver hybrid plus adding another star weapon that can do both is a perfect fit. And he is cheap this year, then signed for three more years without guarantees.

Then I would suggest to try for Clelin Ferrell. He’s a young DE that won’t be expensive and adds in very well for the rotation. Lot’s of potential with not too much investment.

What’s your opinion? Make a move or sit tight? Push for this year or early re-signs of our own? Maybe both?

Hard no on McCaffrey since we're set at that position, he's injury prone, and the Panthers reportedly want a first rounder for him. I definitely could see Howie exploring the DE market. It's the one position on the team we really need an upgrade and depth at. 

• Like 3

For the people who want to sign Desean, let this sink in: At this point in his career, he just wants a paycheck. The second he gets hit, he'll feign an injury and get paid on the sideline and continue his swag antics. 

• Thanks 1

The biggest need right now is DE…wouldn’t mind Howie making a move for an impact guy if available.

• Like 1

You can plug and play a RB into most offenses....but a WR is much more difficult.  

McCaffrey's skill set doesn't translate well into a midseason push for success.  

It's one thing when you pickup someone like Latavius Murray and tell him to hit the hole, McCaffrey can do so much more, but it takes time to learn an offense and get in sync with the QB and other players.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

He’s cheap this year, his contract has almost no guarantees and he’s a very good receiver. I think his fit would be excellent.

Only move that needs to be made is to upgrade the pass rush.  Burns would be expensive, and his 5th year option for 2023 has a 16 million cap hit.

I think Howie looks somewhere else for pass rush help.

5 hours ago, eggs said:

We just have one hole - a return man who is a threat to take it to the house. 

Is it weird that I want DJ back just for punt returns and 6th WR in case of injuries?

2 hours ago, Eagle1ne said:

For the people who want to sign Desean, let this sink in: At this point in his career, he just wants a paycheck. The second he gets hit, he'll feign an injury and get paid on the sideline and continue his swag antics. 

I think you are assigning motivation to the fact that speed burner WRs get leg injuries constantly.

See Sammy Watkins.

I don't want DJ running 10 go routes a game, just returning punts.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Only move that needs to be made is to upgrade the pass rush.  Burns would be expensive, and his 5th year option for 2023 has a 16 million cap hit.

I think Howie looks somewhere else for pass rush help.

Seems like something Howie would consider more in the off-season than right now. Someone to replace Graham and Barnett. With Barnett going down like he did earlier in the season the position is probably a need, but it does feel like they already have a lot of guys rotating in and out already. I don’t feel like this team makes any real moves unless at some point between now and the deadline they suffer a serious injury, but even then I don’t think they’re giving up a lot for anyone. 

Call me Bias... nice to meet you. 

I'll take DJ. I know it won't happen, but just sticking my foot in the equation.  Like stated above... I wouldn't have him burning his legs on go routes on every down.  A few plays per game outside his normal duties.  The guy can still change a game in one play.

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Is it weird that I want DJ back just for punt returns and 6th WR in case of injuries?

Yes, Covey is averaging 6.6 per return.

DJ has not averaged more than that since 2011, 11 years ago.