I hope Roseman makes a big move before the bye

Infam

We need a power back. Period. I made a thread about it but i guess the mods removed it. Nice. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dungaroo said:

We need a power back. Period. I made a thread about it but i guess the mods removed it. Nice. 

Nope, merged it here.  

On 10/31/2022 at 12:54 PM, Dungaroo said:

IMO, that's what we're missing. Sanders is excellent, but he does not wear down defenses. We need a big back to compliment him. Trust me, this is what's going to make all the difference at playoff time. You can best believe Dallas will give a heavy doses of Zeke and Pollard when we play them on 12/24. We'll need to do the same.

23 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

Stay on topic this is TATE.

Respectfully, what was off topic here?

22 hours ago, Godfather said:

Has Hunt been spotted at the airport? 

Urlacherz!!111!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

I removed them all.  

Lame! 

😁😛

"We need a big back" has been a thing forever with us Eagles fans

It's why we loved Nasty Nate so much for a minute

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fresh_Prince said:

"We need a big back" has been a thing forever with us Eagles fans

It's why we loved Nasty Nate so much for a minute

I mean, all jokes about Nate aside....I believe a "big "back" is not necessary to win it all in today's NFL, but it certainly can be a powerful asset to do so.  Look at how important Blount was to our offense in 2017.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

I mean, all jokes about Nate aside....I believe a "big "back" is not necessary to win it all in today's NFL, but it certainly can be a powerful asset to do so.  Look at how important Blount was to our offense in 2017.

Offenses have changed since then.  Things move fast in this league. Now, it's all about lateral quickness and RPOs.  I'm not saying the Eagles couldn't use a power back inside the tackles from time to time, but guys like Blount and Marshawn Lynch have gone the way of the AM radio. 

Hell, Hurts is the Eagles primary short-yardage ball carrier. 

• Like 2

Would have liked Hines.  He could also have returned kicks and punts in addition  to being the #2 back.  The Eagles equivalent to what Buffalo gave is a 5th round pick plus Gainwell.  No 5th this year so a 5th in 2024 plus a 7th this year and Gainwell.  He would have been a huge addition.

4 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Offenses have changed since then.  Things move fast in this league. Now, it's all about lateral quickness and RPOs.  I'm not saying the Eagles couldn't use a power back inside the tackles from time to time, but guys like Blount and Marshawn Lynch have gone the way of the AM radio. 

Hell, Hurts is the Eagles primary short-yardage ball carrier. 

Yes, I agree for the most part, it is not an essential need or anything.  But for a decent price it would be nice to have an RB in the rotation like that, that could help us wear down defenses later in games.  At 7-0 with the team relatively healthy, and with the addition of another pass rusher I have very few complaints.  One of those minor complaints is that I think we could improve on retaining leads in the second half, and I think this would help with that. 

1 hour ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Yes, I agree for the most part, it is not an essential need or anything.  But for a decent price it would be nice to have an RB in the rotation like that, that could help us wear down defenses later in games.  At 7-0 with the team relatively healthy, and with the addition of another pass rusher I have very few complaints.  One of those minor complaints is that I think we could improve on retaining leads in the second half, and I think this would help with that. 

I agree that the running game is low on the list of offensive strengths, and if Sanders misses time, options behind him are limited with the current roster.  Saying that, I'm still happy Howie didn't burn draft or personnel capital to get one before the deadline.  Sermon is on the 53 and running backs are eminently available via free agency or other teams' practice squads. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

I agree that the running game is low on the list of offensive strengths, and if Sanders misses time, options behind him are limited with the current roster.  Saying that, I'm still happy Howie didn't burn draft or personnel capital to get one before the deadline.  Sermon is on the 53 and running backs are eminently available via free agency or other teams' practice squads. 

Yeah, I mean I didn't want them to do anything too crazy for an RB.  I'd be okay with a decent free agent or PS player, I would have been okay with trading a day 3 pick or backup player if it was for the right RB as well. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Yeah, I mean I didn't want them to do anything too crazy for an RB.  I'd be okay with a decent free agent or PS player, I would have been okay with trading a day 3 pick or backup player if it was for the right RB as well. 

I kind of think the key was dynamic. They have such a good team dynamic right now that I don't think they wanted to upset that. For the right player who could be a fit here sure but I think the key is togetherness. 

• Like 1

Howie did not pull off another trade before deadline.   Re the power back, it would be a helpful piece for the rest of season including the playoff.  Howard is probably the only viable option at this point.  He can be signed off other team's PS to our roster.  No draft capital involved.  He knows the system and not upsets the existing rotation.  The FO has a bite of time to get this done.   

• Like 2

The big back thing seems pretty unnecessary for this team. We're converting 3rd and 4th and inches at a ridiculous rate with our QB sneak. We're also nasty on plays with two or less yards. From Bleeding Green:

Short Yardage (2 or fewer yards to go).

We’ve all seen the Eagles QB sneak a lot recently, and the Eagles numbers in short-yardage situations are incredible, especially when running the ball.

When throwing, the Eagles have 13 attempts (14th highest) and 6 of them have resulted in a 1st down which isn’t great.

However, the rushing numbers are almost funny. The Eagles have 41 rushing attempts (the next highest is 29!) and from those 41 attempts... 31 of them have resulted in a 1st down!! That’s a 76% success rate when running with 2 or fewer yards to go. That is mental.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022/10/21/23416442/state-eagles-offense-numbers-philadelphia-jalen-hurts-nfl-news-football-nick-sirianni

76% success rate with two or fewer yards to go when running the ball (this was published before the Steelers game, but I don't think we got stuffed at all in that game). Sure, who wouldn't want a LaGarrette Blount type player in his prime, but those guys don't really grow on trees. Sanders, Gainwell, and even Scott are fast and hit the hole hard, and have been more than adequate in short yardage situations this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Lol that was actually pretty funny.  Good to see Howie can get feisty back with Eagle fans 😂

• Like 2