I hope Roseman makes a big move before the bye

Infam

The Saints pick gives us a plausible shot at the best Defensive prospect in living memory - Will Anderson Jr.

No way am I giving up that chance for Burns.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

The Saints pick gives us a plausible shot at the best Defensive prospect in living memory - Will Anderson Jr.

No way am I giving up that chance for Burns.

What about our own #1?

I don't follow college football, so had to look Anderson up. He's being very highly hyped, expected to be the first non-QB off the board at pick #3 (caveat that it's a long way away). Will the Saints be picking so high? I doubt it, and I think it would cost a lot to move up to three when a player like him is available. Still, if he is that good - in Howie, I trust. For reference, here's an assessment of him I found https://www.eatdrinkandsleepfootball.com/nfl-draft-prospects/alabama-crimson-tide/will-anderson.html

9 hours ago, Greenakers2 said:

What about our own #1?

Our own pick will be #32 so won't be a great pick 🤪

17 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Our own pick will be #32 so won't be a great pick 🤪

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Who are we losing to in the superbowl?

Not sure if you are joking…but if not, you need to do your homework!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Only 31 picks in round one this coming year. Dolphins forfeited theirs.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Devaster said:

lol no. They still have to get healthy and beat better teams to be favored. It is definitely a great move for them if they can make it through the entire season and get healthy for the playoffs.

A team was stripped of their first round pick this year, don’t remember who it is, but there’s only 31 first round picks in the next draft

43 minutes ago, downundermike said:

A team was stripped of their first round pick this year, don’t remember who it is, but there’s only 31 first round picks in the next draft

Dolphins

2 hours ago, EagleTen said:

Not sure if you are joking…but if not, you need to do your homework!

Yes sir, I'll get right on that.  The last thing I would want to do is disappoint some stranger on the internet. 

• Haha 2

Yes sir, I'll get right on that.  The last thing I would want to do is disappoint some stranger on the internet. 

It’s about knowledge of the game and how it impacts the Eagles

32 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It’s about knowledge of the game and how it impacts the Eagles

That's a bit of a stretch, since that minor tidbit of information A) won't really impact the Eagles unless they win the Superbowl (not saying they won't it's just still early in the season) and B) the difference in talent of a player picked 31st or 32nd is probably very small.  It just slipped my mind that the Dolphins lost their pick.  And I try to pay as much attention as I can but I do have other things to do than study the Eagles and football.  It was just an over-reactive, smart-ass comment and I'm not sure why you're defending it. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Infam said:

I’ll be honest and admit I barely know anything on Burns. So maybe?

At this point if Roseman goes for it I’ll expect it to be good. I doubt we would give up the Saints pick for anyone though.

DE is the most important position to upgrade. We added Reddick but still a premier pass rusher would probably help us most at this point.

I can tell you not to worry about Burns. The Eagles rarely ever get the guy people are linking them to. Whoever the Eagles get we don’t know his name yet and he won’t cost any of the first round picks.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I can tell you not to worry about Burns. The Eagles rarely ever get the guy people are linking them to. Whoever the Eagles get we don’t know his name yet and he won’t cost any of the first round picks.

Rumor has it it would take two first round picks. Doubt we would trade anything close for him.. 😄

On 10/21/2022 at 6:44 PM, EazyEaglez said:

They are tied for seventh in sacks too though. They’re much better this year than last year for sure. 

But 6 of those game in one game...

18 hours ago, Greenakers2 said:

What about our own #1?

A lot more palpable, but I doubt that will be enough.

13 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

I don't follow college football, so had to look Anderson up. He's being very highly hyped, expected to be the first non-QB off the board at pick #3 (caveat that it's a long way away). Will the Saints be picking so high? I doubt it, and I think it would cost a lot to move up to three when a player like him is available. Still, if he is that good - in Howie, I trust. For reference, here's an assessment of him I found https://www.eatdrinkandsleepfootball.com/nfl-draft-prospects/alabama-crimson-tide/will-anderson.html

He's the real deal. The 2 most memorable evaluation quotes I heard about him was from Kiper when he said:

1. He's Micah Parsons except he's bigger, stronger, more explosive, more skilled, and with A+ character and leadership traits.
  2. He's the best overall draft prospect since Calvin Johnson.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Some of the teams who are hirer than them also played that team and they’re also getting way more turnovers than they did last year due to pressure. Graham didn’t sack Rush the other day, but his hit on the quarterback definitely caused that ball to be an interception instead of a touchdown. I don’t see how Howie goes from thinking all the team needs is a rotational guy like Barnett to thinking he needs to break the bank for an elite rusher. It maybe what the fans want, but I don’t think the Eagles see it that way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Infam said:

Rumor has it it would take two first round picks. Doubt we would trade anything close for him.. 😄

They were saying the same stuff about McCaffrey too. It didn’t cost two first, but it was expensive though. In any case the Eagles aren’t breaking the bank to get any player. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

They were saying the same stuff about McCaffrey too. It didn’t cost two first, but it was expensive though. In any case the Eagles aren’t breaking the bank to get any player. 

Burns will definitely cost one first round pick and change. I'd consider it for our own '23 pick coupled with 2x non-first picks between '23 and '24.

Otherwise, Bears are likely looking at a 5th or so for Quinn. Taking a punt there might be the more viable short-term solution. Still, Burns on this D with our Saints pick intact would be sexual.

I think it's fair to say the overriding thought round these parts is that the Saints pick is completely off limits whatever the case.

• Like 2

If they trade for a DE by deadline, it is best for someone who can fit in the rotation and can contribute this season and next.  Go with the draft in the off season to add someone for long-term and as a foundation for the future.

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

5 hours ago, Eagz said:

Burns will definitely cost one first round pick and change. I'd consider it for our own '23 pick coupled with 2x non-first picks between '23 and '24.

Otherwise, Bears are likely looking at a 5th or so for Quinn. Taking a punt there might be the more viable short-term solution. Still, Burns on this D with our Saints pick intact would be sexual.

I think it's fair to say the overriding thought round these parts is that the Saints pick is completely off limits whatever the case.

ESPN story said they turned down two firsts for Burns

Either way - we shouldn't fall in love our with our future draft picks. Those are always a crapshoot. Sending them to another team for tangible value and elite play is the sensible thing to do. Doesn't always work out, but moves like that are best made when the team is on the cusp and is one position away from solidfying a championship. There is no reason to focus on the future too much because draft picks are incredibly hit or miss, players retire, players get older and their play drops off, and players explore FA.

• Like 1