I hope Roseman makes a big move before the bye

Infam

Personally id sit tight and play the season out... If we needed anything I would say DE but unless someone can be had for the right price I would rather build the team further through the draft... I'm not opposed to taking 2 DEs in the first or a DE with the saints pick and a corner with our first... Depends on who we are able to retain for next season 

• Like 2

Howie has his finger on the pulse of this team, if he makes a move I have no doubt that it will be the right one, along with it being yet another fleece job.

Hurts and the offense are good to go, don’t need a move there, not really.

Defense could use an edge rusher, Sweat is a DE2, that’s all he will ever be, and that’s okay, but we need to find a DE1 sooner or later.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Howie has his finger on the pulse of this team, if he makes a move I have no doubt that it will be the right one, along with it being yet another fleece job.

Hurts and the offense are good to go, don’t need a move there, not really.

Defense could use an edge rusher, Sweat is a DE2, that’s all he will ever be, and that’s okay, but we need to find a DE1 sooner or later.

On offense I’d be ok with bringing in a bigger RB. other than that I agree, they are set. 

Defense needs another edge rusher to take them to the next level. 

From Sporting News article.  It’d cost too much.

Philadelphia Eagles: EDGE Brian Burns

The Eagles have been pretty productive rushing the passer with starting veteran ends Brandon Graham and Josh Sweat. Haason Reddick has been a great addition to that end on the second level. As well as Jalen Hurts has played, Philadelphia's defense is its best championship foundation, especially against teh pass. Grabbing Burns to be the long-term replacement for Graham — who turns 35 next April — would be a shrewd forward move.

https://apple.news/A0r3UPeOISg-fEm6MsU1lCQ

I think Jerry Hughes is a good fit. Productive and low cost. I don't think they can bring in anyone on a big $$$ deal.  They need all the cap space for signings.

• Like 1

Last time I looked, prime Devin Hestor was not on the market. Any other inward deal now, even one made by Howie, will involve overpaying. We're in a good position, with two 1st rounders next year (including #31). If some team - Browns, Jets, I'm looking at you - wants to get fleeced by us, and we parlay that into something, then great. If not, trust who we have and ride. We're looking very good. Don't mess with the mojo

19 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Wonder what it would take for Robert Quinn?

Major cap maneuvering.  His remaining base salary would take almost all the Eagles current cap, and most of next years space.

At DE it will be interesting to watch how some rookies work out that fans wanted Howie to take, even outside the 1st after he traded 2 of the 3.

Jermaine Johnson, Karlaftis, Hall, Ebiketie, Mafe, others. It was supposed to be a deep class at DE and they didn't take any until Kyron Johnson in the 6th.

Now people see it as the biggest need. 

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

At DE it will be interesting to watch how some rookies work out that fans wanted Howie to take, even outside the 1st after he traded 2 of the 3.

Jermaine Johnson, Karlaftis, Hall, Ebiketie, Mafe, others. It was supposed to be a deep class at DE and they didn't take any until Kyron Johnson in the 6th.

One game with no sacks and we are starving for a DE. Barnett going down makes it seem like a big need too, but really all they need is an extra rotational guy, because whoever comes in will not be an every down player. The Eagles aren’t looking to bring in an every down guy at any position right now. I don’t really see a must for the Eagles to even make a move. This roster right now in many ways looks even better than the 2017 Eagles as long as they stay healthy. That’s the only reason I see the Eagles making a move would be an injury loss. Even then Howie’s not giving up his best draft capital to fix those needs. 

On 10/19/2022 at 4:35 PM, downundermike said:

The guy we should of drafted instead of Hurts

And then the Eagles would be the team looking to trade Chinn right now instead of the Panthers. 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

One game with no sacks and we are starving for a DE. Barnett going down makes it seem like a big need too, but really all they need is an extra rotational guy, because whoever comes in will not be an every down player

I mean I don't think it comes down to one game bud. I think they've been a little disappointing overall. The first couple of weeks we were saying there wasn't a lot of pressure and that was true against Dallas. I think this DL was majorly helped by the Washington game in terms of the stats and we need the DL to be better and make big plays. But I agree they'll only bring in a rotational guy. 

13 hours ago, NOTW said:

It was one of our biggest needs last year but it was kind of overlooked because people loved how our draft class ended up. Initially Ojabo looked like the frontrunner for our first 1st rounder until he tore his achilles so that ended up throwing a wrench into everything. Then we were essentially relying on Graham coming off a big time injury in his mid 30's to solidify our line which was a big risk.

56 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean I don't think it comes down to one game bud. I think they've been a little disappointing overall. The first couple of weeks we were saying there wasn't a lot of pressure and that was true against Dallas. I think this DL was majorly helped by the Washington game in terms of the stats and we need the DL to be better and make big plays. But I agree they'll only bring in a rotational guy. 

They are tied for seventh in sacks too though. They’re much better this year than last year for sure. 

Pressure forces turnovers, and we have a great turnover differential. It's not just about sacks and TFLs. I'd be interested to revisit some of the INTs so far this season, I am sure some of them were tipped by D liinemen

25 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

They are tied for seventh in sacks too though. They’re much better this year than last year for sure. 

Preasuurreezzzzz!!! Lol. Seriously though they are getting hits and hurries on qbs they aren't getting a lot of clean pockets. It's not like they are forcing all these interceptions by having all day to throw. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

One game with no sacks and we are starving for a DE. Barnett going down makes it seem like a big need too, but really all they need is an extra rotational guy, because whoever comes in will not be an every down player. The Eagles aren’t looking to bring in an every down guy at any position right now. I don’t really see a must for the Eagles to even make a move. This roster right now in many ways looks even better than the 2017 Eagles as long as they stay healthy. That’s the only reason I see the Eagles making a move would be an injury loss. Even then Howie’s not giving up his best draft capital to fix those needs. 

And then the Eagles would be the team looking to trade Chinn right now instead of the Panthers. 🤷‍♂️

Barnett is a decent rotational DE and that’s it. Same with Sweat. They absolutely do need a "starter” quality DE regardless of whether Barnett was injured or not. 

16 hours ago, NOTW said:

I can't say I was disappointed to not address DE early in April.  The only on that list that I had some interest in was Mafe as a later day 2 prospect (he ended up going earlier than I expected, rd 2 to Minny).  I would have loved Hutch or Walker but obviously they were out of reach.  Howie may have played his cards perfectly, with a top 5-10 pick coming next April and several DEs that appear to be worthy.  

On 10/18/2022 at 2:33 AM, Infam said:

I know there are still people in wait and see, but this is the right time to add.

If it was me looking from the outside I’d say: Get McCaffrey. We always liked that kind of RB/ receiver hybrid plus adding another star weapon that can do both is a perfect fit. And he is cheap this year, then signed for three more years without guarantees.

Then I would suggest to try for Clelin Ferrell. He’s a young DE that won’t be expensive and adds in very well for the rotation. Lot’s of potential with not too much investment.

What’s your opinion? Make a move or sit tight? Push for this year or early re-signs of our own? Maybe both?

https://heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-eagles/panthers-gm-brian-burns-something-astronomical/?fbclid=IwAR1RMZpKVGMtT5HeYqvUyn0CCJvIa9DvdNj_VxV-Dax-Fpxf3AY7oskHg2s

Would you be okay giving out more than 16 million, giving up at least one 1st round pick to get Carolina's pass rusher Brian Burns?
Double digit sacks for last two seasons & a pro bowl appearance with Barnett being injured he gives good rotation depth to J. Sweat/Graham

28 minutes ago, JournalistMic said:

https://heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-eagles/panthers-gm-brian-burns-something-astronomical/?fbclid=IwAR1RMZpKVGMtT5HeYqvUyn0CCJvIa9DvdNj_VxV-Dax-Fpxf3AY7oskHg2s

Would you be okay giving out more than 16 million, giving up at least one 1st round pick to get Carolina's pass rusher Brian Burns?
Double digit sacks for last two seasons & a pro bowl appearance with Barnett being injured he gives good rotation depth to J. Sweat/Graham

You have to pay up to get top tier talent.

• Like 3

Been hearing a lot of pundits now putting the 49ers as the NFC favorites after the McCaffrey trade.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, NOTW said:

to be fair, we had a lot of needs before the draft.

1 hour ago, astrofed said:

to be fair, we had a lot of needs before the draft.

True. Howie was able to fill needs, but you couldn't know then that Bradberry would become available or able to trade for CGJ. It all worked out mostly. I guess the specific interest is how they started with 12 picks, selected only 5 and 2 of them were 6th rounders who likely will amount to nothing. 

Would a 1st round DE be helpful right now? Or will the Saints pick net a stud player now that they won't need to draft a QB. Just interesting to see how it goes. 

2 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Been hearing a lot of pundits now putting the 49ers as the NFC favorites after the McCaffrey trade.

lol no. They still have to get healthy and beat better teams to be favored. It is definitely a great move for them if they can make it through the entire season and get healthy for the playoffs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nipples said:

Barnett is a decent rotational DE and that’s it. Same with Sweat. They absolutely do need a "starter” quality DE regardless of whether Barnett was injured or not. 

I don’t think the Eagles see it the same way you do.

12 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

I’ll be honest and admit I barely know anything on Burns. So maybe?

At this point if Roseman goes for it I’ll expect it to be good. I doubt we would give up the Saints pick for anyone though.

DE is the most important position to upgrade. We added Reddick but still a premier pass rusher would probably help us most at this point.