If the eagles played the bills what would the spread be??

Billsfan412

I think the Bills are better, so if the game were this week I'd guess Bills minus 3.5 or so. I think the Cowgirls will be favored against us when they're at home in Dallas too, at least if Dak is playing well. 

The thing is that those teams, and the Chiefs too, are probably only about as good as they're going to get. The Eagles could get better -- there is no reason to believe the offense has peaked, and we'll see what Quinn brings to the D-line. The 49ers could get a lot better too if they get some guys back. We'll see how these trade deadline moves turn out as well. 

Eagles have earned the best record by beating the people they play, and they could definitely beat anyone in the right week, but it's a very competitive league at the top end. 

11 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I've been thinking about an Eagles - Bills superbowl.  I think it's the most exciting possible matchup.  I've seen the Bills play quite a few times.  My thoughts:

• The Bills do not have a 'decisive advantage' at QB.  Jalen Hurts is playing at a very high level and could go toe to toe with Josh Allen.
  • As far as the running game - is there a better more balanced attack in the NFL right now than the Eagles?  The Eagles offense can beat you in a lot of ways and it's really hard to gameplan.  Last game Jalen stood in the pocket and shredded the Steelers defense.  2 weeks ago against the Cardinals Jalen ran 15 times and rushed for 2TDs.
  • Josh Allen's would be light years better than any QB the Eagles have faced.  I mean, TBH, the best QB this team has played against so far is probably Kirk Cousins.  Josh could give the Eagles D fits.  His ability to run is perhaps key to the BIlls offensive success vs. the Eagles.  The Eagles have a very good secondary, but their run defense is not great. 

I think if the two played it would be a high scoring affair.  I won't make predictions, but I did hear that BILLS actually stands for 'Boy I Love Losing Superbowls'.

Seriously though.  I think it would be a hell of a lot of fun to watch. 

I think you're wrong on QB play. Any eagles fan would trade hurts for Allen straight up and if they say no way they are lying. I don't think hurts can play from behind against good teams. Fall behind buffalo 2 or 3 scores you're in trouble

I'm an Eagles fan, and I wouldn't trade Hurts for anybody. Is he the best QB in the league? No. Is he the best QB for the Eagles offense? Yes.

I like the Bills. A good friend of mine is a Bills fan. I would expect it to be very close if we met in the big dance. I agree if we fall behind two or three scores, of course we would be in trouble. But the same applies to the Bills. The Eagles this year are magic in the second quarter, and are really sharp when playing with the lead. I don't remember our game management ever being so good.

Given a choice, though, I'd still prefer KC in the Super Bowl, simply because of Big Red.

This game would be dictated by how well our defense played.  If they show up, I think we could win pretty easily. IF they don't, it's probably a back and forth game that could go either way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MF POON said:

This game would be dictated by how well our defense played.  If they show up, I think we could win pretty easily. IF they don't, it's probably a back and forth game that could go either way. 

I'm not sure pretty easily... Though I do think our offense can keep up with theirs and I think there's a chance our defense could limit their offense. But I don't think we could win pretty easily. 

On a neutral field, the Bills would probably be favored by 3-4 points right now IMO.

Where's the game?

In Buffalo.   Bills -3.5

In Philly.   Bills -2.5 

9 hours ago, Captain F said:

Where's the game?

In Buffalo.   Bills -3.5

In Philly.   Bills -2.5 

Arizona

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

If this game is any indication the Bills would smoke the birds sadly.

The Bills have been in close games. Every team plays in close tough games. The key is getting out of this with a win. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The Bills have been in close games. Every team plays in close tough games. The key is getting out of this with a win. 

Not vs trash teams like Houston

Just now, Billsfan412 said:

Every good team has struggles. On a short week on the road it was never going to be easy. It was ugly but we won. End of. We move on with a 0 still in the loss column.

22 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Every good team has struggles. On a short week on the road it was never going to be easy. It was ugly but we won. End of. We move on with a 0 still in the loss column.

Chicken wings are better than cheesesteaks

4 minutes ago, Billsfan412 said:

Chicken wings are better than cheesesteaks

Wings & losing Super Bowls are literally the only things Buffalo is known for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Arizona

I don’t know how neutral that place would be either. I hear there’s a fair amount of Eagles fans in that area too. The real question is will the Bills choke another SB away? :whistle:

• Haha 1

The biggest question about the Eagles really remains how they play when trailing.  They've not trailed once in the second half of any game.  They've only trailed at the end of a quarter 5 times the entire season, and always the first quarter.  They've only not had the lead once going into halftime (last night).  And they've been able to pretty much dominate the second half of games and run out the clock.  

Hurts is last in the league in drop backs while trailing, and first in the league in drop backs while leading.    What does he look like in the 4th quarter of a game like the Bills/Chiefs game from last year's playoffs, or this season?  We don't know, because we've not witnessed it.  What will this team look like if its not front running?  Can they come back from a double digit deficit in the second half?   They might have to against the Bills.  

We might get to find out.

The Bills are going to give us some points on a neutral field.  Probably 3.  The big difference is how they feel about the QBs, but that is just another hurdle that Hurts needs to get over.  I think it would be a good game.  

Right now, I'd say a running team like the Titans and Derrick Henry are a bigger threat to us than the Bills and Josh Allen.

15 hours ago, Billsfan412 said:

You sure about that?  The Bills beat a mediocre Packers team (3-5) by 10 points, at home, coming off of a bye with 14 days rest.  That's way more embarrassing than beating the Texans on the road by 12 points, on Thurs night after just playing on Sunday 4 days prior. 

Thing is it is easy to look at the game last night and draw too much out of it. But this team handled Pittsburgh last time out and now they've won by 12 on the road on a short week despite playing badly. They can absolutely give Washington a beat down next Monday and I wouldn't be at all surprised.