GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Houston Texans, 11-3-22, 8:15PM EST

EagleJoe8

The thing that stuck out to me is how easily we won even though we didn't play that good.

10 minutes ago, JamesK said:

The thing that stuck out to me is how easily we won even though we didn't play that good.

Texans aren't good. They're a 1 win team

39 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Good. That award is cursed for QBs.

That and Josh Allen is an insanely good player right now. My MVP for the first 4 games was Lamar but now agree that Allen is the front runner. He’s a different level of freak.

The eagles run defense and bad tackling is going to cost them eventually........I saw a lot of arm tackling and hitting high last night.....really pathetic efforts.  The D-line was getting pushed around like the texan O-line was all-pros

6 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

The eagles run defense and bad tackling is going to cost them eventually........I saw a lot of arm tackling and hitting high last night.....really pathetic efforts.  The D-line was getting pushed around like the texan O-line was all-pros

Yeah good points. It was a odd game. It was almost like the Eagles knew that if they just gave a 70% effort, they would still win.

35 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Yeah good points. It was a odd game. It was almost like the Eagles knew that if they just gave a 70% effort, they would still win.

It was very strange. The energy in that first half was off. Mind you they had so much ToP that first half and yet were level. And then second half they just seemed like they were in control. 

The schedule makers really aren’t taking those of us in Europe with the eagles schedule into consideration as there was SNF, TNF, and MNF three weeks out of four. I watched the 1st quarter live due to the clocks going back and then fell asleep and watched the rest at 5am this morning. 

Not a perfect game but it’s these games that good teams win. 

I have to ask do the officials need an optician appointment after lane Johnson’s false start on third down early on ? I’ve seen flags for flinches. 

22 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Hopefully. I don’t think Gannon ever thinks he’s doing anything wrong though.

Didn’t Dicker get signed somewhere?

Chargers practice squad, it looks like

There were so many Eagles fans in the building. The team support was amazing. The noise was definitely about 50/50 until later when it was 60/40 Eagles fans. All the cheers on the way out made it feel like a home game. It was awesome being right there in the end zone for the Sanders and Goedert TDs.

The team pretty much did whatever it wanted on offense with a few exceptions below.

There was a lot of good in a 29-17 win.

That roughing call was 100% BS that eye in the sky fixes. The reference ref on the broadcast was 100% sure it was a stupid call.

Here's the bad.

Obviously the run D was a mess.

Mailata was routinely beat badly by Jerry Hughes. It had nothing to do with blitzing or defensive play calling, he just got beat. Hughes even beat Lane once. Hughes looked like Parsons last night. He's a good pass rusher but his last 10 sack season was 2014. It should not have been that easy.

That cluster f%$^ of 2nd and inches to punting was a horror show. You throw for a big play on 2nd and you plunge for the 1st on 3rd or you plunge right away. You don't go for tricky action run plays that allow penetration.

Wow, the punt return game is so bad. Covey tripped himself and stumbled before the ball got there on the first return.

A missed 54 yard FG is not great but it happens.

Another win, but they only led by 12 instead of 15+ so its a step backwards but one they can learn from.

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

There were so many Eagles fans in the building. The team support was amazing. The noise was definitely about 50/50 until later when it was 60/40 Eagles fans. All the cheers on the way out made it feel like a home game. It was awesome being right there in the end zone for the Sanders and Goedert TDs.

The team pretty much did whatever it wanted on offense with a few exceptions below.

There was a lot of good in a 29-17 win.

That roughing call was 100% BS that eye in the sky fixes. The reference ref on the broadcast was 100% sure it was a stupid call.

Here's the bad.

Obviously the run D was a mess.

Mailata was routinely beat badly by Jerry Hughes. It had nothing to do with blitzing or defensive play calling, he just got beat. Hughes even beat Lane once. Hughes looked like Parsons last night. He's a good pass rusher but his last 10 sack season was 2014. It should not have been that easy.

That cluster f%$^ of 2nd and inches to punting was a horror show. You throw for a big play on 2nd and you plunge for the 1st on 3rd or you plunge right away. You don't go for tricky action run plays that allow penetration.

Wow, the punt return game is so bad. Covey tripped himself and stumbled before the ball got there on the first return.

A missed 54 yard FG is not great but it happens.

Another win, but they only led by 12 instead of 15+ so its a step backwards but one they can learn from.

Hughes just happened to have his best game of the season. He was a difficult matchup for Mailata and this game was something he can learn from. 

Since I was streaming (Amazon) the game, I didn't go back and re-watch that spot that was changed to 2nd and inches. I thought he clearly had a first down. 

Covey just hasn't done anything to prevent someone else from taking his job. No big returns at all. I was rooting for him to have a breakout moment, but as each game passes, it seems futile. Greg Ward is back on the PS. At this point, I'd rather have Ward, not because he's any better as a returner, but because he is a legit WR5. Honestly, I'm fine with having Smith return punts and Boston Scott returning kickoffs. 

11 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Hughes just happened to have his best game of the season. He was a difficult matchup for Mailata and this game was something he can learn from. 

Since I was streaming (Amazon) the game, I didn't go back and re-watch that spot that was changed to 2nd and inches. I thought he clearly had a first down. 

Covey just hasn't done anything to prevent someone else from taking his job. No big returns at all. I was rooting for him to have a breakout moment, but as each game passes, it seems futile. Greg Ward is back on the PS. At this point, I'd rather have Ward, not because he's any better as a returner, but because he is a legit WR5. Honestly, I'm fine with having Smith return punts and Boston Scott returning kickoffs. 

Devon Allen must have bricks for hands cuz there's no way he's worse than Covey and showed potential to be be a gunner. Was really rooting for Covey, but I am not seeing that extra gear or that suddenness to break one. Think they just trust Covey that he won't be a bonehead like Reagor and make terrible decisions. But that ain't enough. 

1 hour ago, jojodancer said:

Devon Allen must have bricks for hands cuz there's no way he's worse than Covey and showed potential to be be a gunner. Was really rooting for Covey, but I am not seeing that extra gear or that suddenness to break one. Think they just trust Covey that he won't be a bonehead like Reagor and make terrible decisions. But that ain't enough. 

He's solid and that's about all I can say for him. He makes most catches and he makes safe decisions. But he doesn't bring any juice that's for sure! I don't see him breaking off a big run and at some point that's going to hurt us with regular bad starting field position. 

On this team, I think it's enough to have a return guy that doesn't turn it over. I don't think I've seen Covey turn it over this year. I am content with that, even if not excited. If you can't break the game open, then just don't hand it to your opponent.

They've been leading the turnover differential which is huge. They're taking care of the football, and doing a great job causing turnovers.

3 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

On this team, I think it's enough to have a return guy that doesn't turn it over. I don't think I've seen Covey turn it over this year. I am content with that, even if not excited. If you can't break the game open, then just don't hand it to your opponent.

The only reason that works for this team is because our blocking is bad, but we rarely get penalties on returns. Anyway, that's why I suggest just putting Ward back in for now and giving us a good 5th WR (and an emergency QB).

Archived