GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Houston Texans, 11-3-22, 8:15PM EST

EagleJoe8

5 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

I hope Hurts don't get season MVP. Last QB to win season MVP and won the SB was Warner(2000). Let that sink in with TB12's 7 rings. Best to be SB MVP!

The Aaron Rodgers effect

i missed being in here tonight. Gotta get caught up. 8-0  for the 1st time in Eagles history.  🏆

7 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Even howie is starting to play into the philly fans by giving it right back lol. 

2 hours ago, Columbus Eagle said:

I would love to see a highlight reel of Texans holds tonight. 

Yes, 10-15 holds and what, 1 or 2 called? 

I enjoyed watching the postgame show, especially hearing the fans in the background.  Several times they were chanting "Dallas sucks!!!"

I love Eagles fans!!!  :wub:

A little ugly, but good road win on a short week.  Worst refs we've had all season, and they made it closer than it actually was.  Could have thrown 10 holding flags on Texans.  Roughing the passer on Hargrave was BS.  Gave us several terrible spots that cost us a couple drives.  Run D crapped the bed, I sort of expected losing Davis to hurt a little although it hasn't been great all season.  Hopefully they can scheme something to improve that until Davis comes back (or we just keep getting leads early and it won't matter). 

10 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

A little ugly, but good road win on a short week.

I'm watching it again right now.  Yes, every NFL win is a good win.  But the run defense was awful.  And Hurts was sloppy with the ball more than once.  And the playcalling & clock management at the end of the 1st half were miserable.  And you have to able to snap the ball quickly to avoid the Challenge.

Too many flaws/mistakes.

Sadly couldn‘t watch it, was too late.

But another joyful 1,5 weeks of my unbeaten Birds, can‘t wait to get home and enjoy the game!

Super happy! 🥳

2 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

A little ugly, but good road win on a short week.  Worst refs we've had all season, and they made it closer than it actually was.

Feels like that‘s just how Thursday night games go. And still kept the ball safe and won.. Sometimes you just take the win and move on.

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Man the tackling is so bad and pathetic. Just so weak and guys being knocked back a few yards each time. 

I remember top tackling but no ballhawks or ints ever. Prefer it like this for sure..

14 minutes ago, Infam said:

I remember top tackling but no ballhawks or ints ever. Prefer it like this for sure..

I mean yeah turnovers are absolutely key so that's great! But it is a little infuriating to see so many missed and weak tackles.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean yeah turnovers are absolutely key so that's great! But it is a little infuriating to see so many missed and weak tackles.

True. But feels like that its easier to get better with tackling than creating big plays and turnovers.. 

6 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

I think Smith has been really impressive... He's been a big reason for them playing well 

I'm not at all surprised by his  play, I've been following him since his Mountaineer days, he's throwing the same pretty ball with accuracy.

So many fans mistakenly judge QBs based on the performance of the offense, I can rattle off so many QBs that have gotten run out of the league behind this sort of thinking. 

Another thing I don't like is the QB vs QB (Mahomes vs Allen, etc ) thing, QBs are never on the field at the same time, how can it be QB vs QB, moreover, they have totally different supporting casts. 

The O Line probably played their worst pass protection game for a year and the run defense was a mess most of the game without Davis, we all knew there'd be a drop off but daaaamn that was ugly. All that said, the offense was still solid and the overall defense was good, it's great to finally have a secondary that can ball hawk after what feels like years and the result was never really in question in the second half.

The standard of reffing we've had this season has been godawful, and this game was no different, Houston were holding like crazy and never called, if that was roughing the passer on Hargrave, Hurts should be getting 4 or 5 calls a game, moving back spots to kill a drive, just awful.

Anyhoo, it was a good win in a classic trap game on the road, against a 'weaker' opponent and off a short week.

8 in a row, can't do any better.

7 hours ago, Fresh_Prince said:

The Aaron Rodgers effect

State farm commercials?

Or being an overpaid attention wh00r3?

12 minutes ago, NOTW said:

20221104_074202.jpg

This. Never been into it myself. I remember how the sports shows were about Westbrook going down at the 1 vs Dallas in 07. Stupid

9 hours ago, Portyansky said:

I hope Hurts don't get season MVP. Last QB to win season MVP and won the SB was Warner(2000). Let that sink in with TB12's 7 rings. Best to be SB MVP!

You must have missed it but Josh Allen was unofficially award the trophy after week 1. They just can't make it official until the end of the season. 

35 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

You must have missed it but Josh Allen was unofficially award the trophy after week 1. They just can't make it official until the end of the season. 

Good. That award is cursed for QBs.

Archived