Jordan/Bulls Doc

DaEagles4Life

2 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

👀

8A140717-8D74-40DF-9555-75EDADA5A356.jpeg

As a guy who's not really tuned into basketball but appreciates the greats, what were these rule changes that are referred to? Also, is that a real quote? Very salty, lol.

On 5/1/2020 at 7:48 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

As a guy who's not really tuned into basketball but appreciates the greats, what were these rule changes that are referred to? Also, is that a real quote? Very salty, lol.

Hand checking was to help Jordan out and I think it was 3 seconds in the key and back to the basket to hurt Wilt

• Like 1

This documentary just makes me wish the NBA was still around. Too bad it’s been dead for years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The Sixers were a really good team.  With Barkley, Dawkins, Hawkins, etc....  They could not get past Jordan.  And that was before Jordan started winning championships.  I remember playing them in back to back years.  Seems like we would have games locked up and then Jordan would take over in the 4th and put us away.  Every Single Night!  1989/1990 season we had the best record in the East.  Lost 4-1 in the 2nd round to them.  

There is a ton of Hall of Fame or Great Players that don't have rings because of Jordan.  And the Rockets only have rings because Jordan decided to retire after his dad was murdered and try baseball.  

Ewing

Drexler

Barkely

Kemp

Malone (although I'm not sure if he has one with the Lakers as a bench warmer or not)

Stockton

Miller

Wilkins

Kevin Johnson

Payton

Kemp

There is no argument for Lebron over Jordan.  Only 30 or younger fans who never watched Jordan, instead of Youtube highlights, say stupid ish like that.  

Clyde was on the Rockets in 95 and got his ring

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You sir, are a moron.  Straight up.  

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You're like one of those posters who like to argue politics and are so steadfast in their opinion they will go out and find memes to support their distorted view.  Like a scorn woman or something.  Changing the rules benefited the WHOLE NBA!  Not just one player.  Iverson would have never beeen able to play his style of basketball if it wasn't for Jordan.  You know who else?  Lebron!  

Also, if you want to bring up level of competition.  Shall we research the level of competition Wilt Chamberlain played against?  Or does that only apply when you think Lebron had a tougher level of comp than Jordan?  

Finally.  Not saying the quote from Wilt is true or not.  But the source is Isiah Thomas.  Consider the source.  

Nailed it.  

Anddd we got ourselves a Jordan stan lol. You’re definitely one of those people who is too stuck up in the past to enjoy today’s game. Can’t even handle someone’s opinion 😭😂.

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

English?

Today's game is a terrible product compared to the past.  Can't really say that about any other major sport.  Can't even say that about College Basketball. 

The game has changed and you clearly don’t accept it. Stuck in the past. You’ll never be able to appreciate today’s talents with that mentality.

i'm an old guy who still enjoys the nba....but i do wish it wasn't so reliant on the 3 ball.  

• Like 3

I don't necessarily mind the game today, other than the constant flopping

• Like 1

It’s changed a lot. The play style for sure. I saw a shot chart of Jordan in comparison to Harden and it was insane how much the midrange has disappeared. I do miss those mid range monsters though like RIP and Melo, I think there is a place for it in today’s game still instead of teams chucking up threes.

28 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

contradict Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

You don’t know what contradict means do you? 😭😂

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You're a complete moron.  You criticize older guys for living in the past when we say we don't like the current game because of all the diving and over reliance on the 3 ball.  Then you talk about how the mid range has disappeared and say there's a place for it in today's game.  As you say, "instead of chucking up 3's".  Yep.  I have a great idea of what the word means.  

Lol I didn’t contradict myself. You’re being a sensitive little wuss. I said the game has changed in both posts. But I’m not going to ignore talent that is there today just because they play in a different era. I’m still a basketball fan and enjoy the game without seeing it thru the stubborn lens of 90s and 2000s basketball that Jordan stans like yourself like to do.

For comparison it’s somewhat like Dallas fans who hate the salary cap lol. Things change, gotta adapt.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Losing an argument?  Ha.  Like I said.  You’re a clown.  No one agrees with you. 

Nobody has to. It’s an opinion lol.

5 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Aren’t you the same dope who just said I was losing an argument?   You’re all over the place.  

Yup.

Just gonna leave this here since there isn’t must else to talk about rn until the next part. We can all at least agree with this right?

C41E36BC-004B-448B-93D3-323F97F551B3.jpeg

15 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

What does that even mean?  

it means he's a lebron stan.

bam! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah I mean if we're talking about like endorsements and stuff - even that's not close.  Air Jordans, McDonalds, Gatorade - they had an effing song about everyone wanting to be Like Mike.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah I mean if we're talking about like endorsements and stuff - even that's not close.  Air Jordans, McDonalds, Gatorade - they had an effing song about everyone wanting to be Like Mike.  

Jordan has been known to be a bit arrogant off the court during his younger years. Nobody including fans who has met LeBron has had any bad things to say about him. Jordan has gotten better tho, and begin to do more charity work after retiring which is great to see.

21 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

bron is more socially/politically active...so i'm guessing that's what he's talking about. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

bron is more socially/politically active...so i'm guessing that's what he's talking about. 

Except with the whole China thing, him and the rest of the NBA keyboard warriors had NOTHING to say about that 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Except with the whole China thing, him and the rest of the NBA keyboard warriors had NOTHING to say about that 

sure.

i don't pay attention when athletes or celebs talk politics.  they're not famous because of their intellect. :lol:  their opinions mean less than the average person's, imo. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Im 30. Watching this makes me wish I was older so I could have lived through the 90s basketball. Im sure the documentary is making it look even better than it was, but it truly does seem like it was a more enjoyable product.

I do enjoy today's NBA as well and for me its hard to compare Lebron and Jordan because I really didnt get to experience Jordan in that way so how would I really know?

I will say Lebron has not taken a year off to play another sport, come back and won 3 more championships afterwards. Just that alone is ridiculous.

It would be interesting to see todays Lebron in that era. To those who say hed be complaining/whining, the guy is a physical monster, Im sure hed adapt to that style and excel against those guys who many didnt even lift weights.....

• Like 1