Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

They will take 3 of 4 from Reds, everything will be ok then

2 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

probably schwarber since he's the only one that's actually won something, but that's the biggest problem none of these players have won anything until we get players that have been to the world series and know how to win it, it's going to be the same issues, it wont matter how talented your roster is.

Yeah true I forgot about all those dudes who won the World Series before joining the 08 squad. 

2 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

They will take 3 of 4 from Reds, everything will be ok then

I could definitely see them losing 3 of 4 to the Reds.  I can imagine they are pretty deflated after this weekend…so in typical Phillies fashion they’ll start losing to bad teams 

25 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

I could definitely see them losing 3 of 4 to the Reds.  I can imagine they are pretty deflated after this weekend…so in typical Phillies fashion they’ll start losing to bad teams 

Problem is the bullpen without knebel and Dominguez is shot. Also they should really get harper on a rehab assignment already. I don’t care who they are playing they need him. The offense for the better part of 2 weeks as been hit or miss. One swing of the bat can be a difference right now and the end of the season.  

Abel and painter could be really special for the Phillies 

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah well by that time they’ll be out of the race.

If Sir Anthony is out for an extended period of time beyond the 15 day DL stint, coupled with Kneble being out for the season, their playoff chances are looking much slimmer. 

34 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

If Sir Anthony is out for an extended period of time beyond the 15 day DL stint, coupled with Kneble being out for the season, their playoff chances are looking much slimmer. 

Thanks to the 3 rd wildcard I think they slip in but then right out

6 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Next 22 games are against teams under .500. If they can manage to go 15-7 or 16-6 it’ll help. After that point they really need Dominguez back. Our finish to the season is much more challenging outside of like 2 series. from September 16 on its 

4 vs. Braves, 2 vs. Toronto, 3 at cubs, 4 at nats and 3 at houston. Really need to go like 6-1 during those cubs and nats series. And hope to go like 4-5 during the Braves, blue jays and houston series. 

Maybe if Harper would put some salve on his sore vag and get back in the lineup it would give the rest of the guys a boost.  

• Haha 1

Syndergaard has been a great pickup so far. Doing exactly what we need him to do for us.

19 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Syndergaard has been a great pickup so far. Doing exactly what we need him to do for us.

Really has. Even if he doesn’t win games down the stretch against he better teams and can just manage to pitch like this against the weaker teams it’s still huge for us. 

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Really has. Even if he doesn’t win games down the stretch against he better teams and can just manage to pitch like this against the weaker teams it’s still huge for us. 

Yeah I mean we were literally throwing two bullpen games out of every 5 starts. Was a great acquisition and he’s pitched better than I expected.

I’d actually let gibson walk and re-sign syndergaard if it’s a reasonable deal. 

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d actually let gibson walk and re-sign syndergaard if it’s a reasonable deal. 

Yeah not opposed to that. Gibson will likely be overpaid by someone. Def need to keep one of the two though. I wouldn’t be mad bringing Gibson back on a reasonable deal either. 

Either way If there going to be serious contenders we still need another top of the rotation arm. Nola is still a great #3 and an average #2 on a WS level team at this point in my opinion 

10 hours ago, Blazehound said:

SMH. They have a day off on 9/1.

Another reason why this team isn’t serious about winning.  They are 1.5 games up in the race.  They don’t have the luxury of giving guys extra rest.  Just incredibly dumb.