Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

What are people going to **** about now?   

They might not lose another game all season!! 🙂

I was thinking about how this team stacks up against the 2011 team. Pitching wise, Halladay, Lee, Hamels, and Oswalt vs Wheeler, Nola, Suarez, and Sanchez. This is tough, but I'll lean ever so slightly to the 2011 staff.

Offensively, both clubs were stacked. However, if I recall correctly, that 2011 club had a lot of offensive sputtering throughout the season. When I think of the 102 wins, I think of the starting pitching. This team offensively seems to be a little more balanced. Just look at the bench. The 2011 team had Michael Martinez, Ross Gload, and Wilson Valdez. This team has Turner go down, and they don't miss a beat with guys like Sosa and Clemens. Offensively, I give this team the edge.

Hopefully they continue on this run. I mean, if they can win over 100 games AND get past the NLDS, that would make them the better team outright. This team is fun to watch and on a helluva run. Hopefully it ends in a parade down Broad Street in October/ November. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

What are people going to **** about now?   

I had a drunk guy at a bar a couple weeks ago say the Phillies are winning too many games, and he would like to see them lose once in a while to some bad teams to build resilience or something.

So last year, people complained that they lost to bad teams, and now at least one person is complaining that they are beating bad teams.

• Like 2

Clemens has been awesome but let's give some real love to Sosa who's been great during Turner's absence.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

I had a drunk guy at a bar a couple weeks ago say the Phillies are winning too many games, and he would like to see them lose once in a while to some bad teams to build resilience or something.

So last year, people complained that they lost to bad teams, and now at least one person is complaining that they are beating bad teams.

there's a twisted sense of logic to his comment. He's basically saying, stay humble. Don't get too confident because you might wind up losing when you NEED to win. 

3 hours ago, JohnB said:

there's a twisted sense of logic to his comment. He's basically saying, stay humble. Don't get too confident because you might wind up losing when you NEED to win. 

I understand that a good record means nothing if you lose in the playoffs.  But saying we are winning too many games and should lose some games to bad teams, like we did last year, does not make sense.

2 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

I understand that a good record means nothing if you lose in the playoffs.  But saying we are winning too many games and should lose some games to bad teams, like we did last year, does not make sense.

As much as I like winning every game we play, none of this makes any difference if we go out and lose in the playoffs. The only thing I worry about is if they’re playing at this level and they have no shot at setting the wins record are they going to just coast the last month then have to turn that urgency back on. It’s a problem i think the dodgers and even Braves have had. That said losing the way we did to the dbacks i’d be surprised if this team isn’t completely focused throughout the playoffs. I think that loss taught them a valuable lesson.

that said with how baseball makes the first wildcard the 4 seed and the central winner the 3, might be better off being the 2 seed. Cause the 1 seed is highly likely to play Atlanta in the nlds and the 2 seed is getting the NL central winner. Potentially as the one seed going through Atlanta and then dodgers. Whereas the the dodgers might get cubs/brewers then Phillies/braves 

Bryce being ejected in the first inning tonight wasn’t on my bingo card 

Time to bust the Umpires union

Jt was safe by a good step. 

Sanchez the last two innings just hasn’t had it. 4 hits and a walk in his last 9 batters. 

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Jt was safe by a good step. 

I was watching on a 19 inch CRT tv and it was obvious

Our hitting has been atrocious tonight besides realmuto and Sosa. The fact blach had a 5+ era coming into this game and only 71 pitches through 6.2 innings is ridiculous.

idk wtf pache is swinging at. That ball was into the batters box at the time the pitcher threw it

Probably a good time to point out 4 of the 5 outfielders on the roster are hitting below .215: Rojas, Castellanos, pache and merrifield

That is super close. I think cause they called him safe it stays as that.

wow they overturned it. That’s big. Looked from behind first they just got him but didn’t think umps would overturn it 

Playing like crap tonight and still finding ways to be in for the win. Hopefully we can get insurance here 

Just now, RoadToHell said:

Playing like crap tonight and still finding ways to be in for the win. Hopefully we can get insurance here 

they look awful at the plate. Realmuto has looked good. Even his DP was smoked. And Sosa has looked good. Everyone else just looks like they flew cross country last night 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

they look awful at the plate. Realmuto has looked good. Even his DP was smoked. And Sosa has looked good. Everyone else just looks like they flew cross country last night 

Yes looks like we got some jet lag tonight. Hopefully they’ll bounce back tomorrow. The soft Harper ejection didn’t help 

Had a feeling 2 runs wouldn’t be enough. Gonna have to actually hit to win this game. Fact we haven’t against the worst team in the NL is more frustrating 

Why the F are we pinch hitting for Sosa when he’s been one of our best hitters of late? Might as well pinch hit for merrifield or pache who are bad

Really bad game by the Phils 

4 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Really bad game by the Phils 

Poorly managed too. Should’ve had marsh replace Harper. Not Rojas who’s hitting 3rd in the lineup. At least marsh you want getting as many at bats as possible. Add on you pinch hit for Sosa who’s been hot lately and let merrifield hit

schwarber trying to hit a HR instead of just getting a hit. 

Come on Kyle! Now would be the time