Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not a huge into baseball but, even that I was screaming at the TV... " What the F are you swinging at you effing moron!" Lol

Yeah he’s pressing and just swinging to swing. When you watch him in years past when he’s hitting well he’s not committing before the pitch.  He really didn’t have this issue nearly as much prior to signing here. I tend to think he’s pressing trying to live up to his contract. Doesn’t help he’s in Philly so he’s gonna hear about it much more than if this is happening somewhere like Miami or cincy. 

Has anyone coined the nickname Pain and Able for Painter and Abel yet?

If not....  I want credit....  

• Like 1

Please god let bryce be back for that dbacks series I’m going too 

Gibson sucks and it looks like Marsh tore a knee ligament. Just great. Is Udubel still available? May need him.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Gibson sucks and it looks like Marsh tore a knee ligament. Just great. Is Udubel still available? May need him.

I swear the Phillies have the worst luck with injuries. 

24 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Any update on Marsh yet?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Odubel 🤫🤫

Meh.  Odubel is fine as a short term replacement.  Sure, he's made some less than spectacular plays in CF this year but he's a solid bat. 

Plus, Vierling has also been fine as a platoon player this year. 

• Haha 1

I didn't realize the Reds pitching was so lights out... with their 45-70 record. I figured the crap Phils offense could put up at least one gdamn run.

Honestly don’t get why stott didn’t play today. It’s stupid with schwarber and harper out and we have an off day tomorrow. I don’t need sosa and maton both in the same lineup with vierling as well. That’s asking for a performance like they got today.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Embarrassment. This team doesnt belong in the playoffs 

I'm not the biggest baseball fan but not having Harper and a healthy Schwarber is a huge issue for the Phillies and they are still winning/holding ground.  To say they are an Embarrassment is quite an over exaggeration.  They have solid to very good starting pitching in Suarez, Nola and Wheeler.  Get back Harper and Schwarber and the lineup looks a lot different and you have players slotted where they should be.  Do I think they are winning the World Series?  No.....  But do I think they could win a series or two and make some noise? YEP

• Like 4

Yeah, losing one game after having won the first two of a series is hardly an embarrassment. It’s disappointing for sure, but those things happen in baseball. It’s kind of unlike other sports in that inferior team are expected to win a fair amount of the time.