Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

Reverse jinx

Nah, they won just to keep RTK's record of being wrong intact.

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Love to see the Phillies lose.  The sooner they disappear from any sports radio talk and it goes to full on Eagles and Sixers the better. 

Honestly the cards deserve to lose the series for basically throwing in the towel after the Phillies took the lead. No excuse for leaving that pitcher in when he was collapsing and not even get anyone up in the pen. Horrible management. 

Gotta hand it to Bohm. Had some nice at bats and made some really good plays in the field. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Not me I sail on the USS positivity 

Btw, scanned the airwaves on the way home from work and found that 830 AM out of Reading carries the Philly broadcast, and the signal reaches Harrisburg. It perfectly bridged the gap between streaming at work and getting home for the 4th inning

#winning (forreal)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Btw, scanned the airwaves on the way home from work and found that 830 AM out of Reading carries the Philly broadcast, and the signal reaches Harrisburg. It perfectly bridged the gap between streaming at work and getting home for the 4th inning

#winning (forreal)

I remember the early days of the internet when all games were free to listen to. It was great

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

I remember the early days of the internet when all games were free to listen to. It was great

Yeah, it was. I've noticed that the networks are even clamping down on how you can access the official streams. You used to be able to stream every Phillies, Flyers, and Sixers game on the website, but now you need to do it through the app. On the one hand, I get it, but on the other, it just makes account-holders turn to reddit to watch games on their latptops.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Reverse jinx

Yeah i tried that for a little around the braves series in Philly. It worked then it reverted to just not working. 

• Haha 1

Kind of been the story of this team all year. They have serious holes, but they have character and they find ways to win when they must. Loved todays game. Playoff baseball is the best.

This one was great but.....

Jimmy Rollins beating Broxton and the Dodgers...just classic.....

• Like 1

Machado just hit a rocket out. Scherzer and the Mets getting destroyed 7-0. What a great night this is turning out to be. :lol:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Machado just hit a rocket out. Scherzer and the Mets getting destroyed 7-0. What a great night this is turning out to be. :lol:

A4860AF6-F81D-4912-8A03-E2A89DD53930.thumb.jpeg.98912cc49c479b22302a4e6dafef8ad1.jpeg

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Yeah, it was. I've noticed that the networks are even clamping down on how you can access the official streams. You used to be able to stream every Phillies, Flyers, and Sixers game on the website, but now you need to do it through the app. On the one hand, I get it, but on the other, it just makes account-holders turn to reddit to watch games on their latptops.

The barrier to entry seems to great to me, it seems.

I am STILL waiting for the Phillies to get an app like the other three teams (Flyers are really the NHL app with an optional focus on your favorite team).  Why doesn't MLB have team apps?  Am I missing something here?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

The barrier to entry seems to great to me, it seems.

I am STILL waiting for the Phillies to get an app like the other three teams (Flyers are really the NHL app with an optional focus on your favorite team).  Why doesn't MLB have team apps?  Am I missing something here?

Mlb is the worst at marketing their athletes. It’s been that way for a while. Reporters asked why trout isn’t marketed more and better by mlb and manfred said it’s his own fault. Baseball needs a new commissioner that can get with the times. 

So let me get this straight, the Phillies are one game away from the NLDS and the Mets are one game away from a season down the tubes?  Yeah....definitely a good day yesterday!!

And look....looking waaaaaay forward......we have to get through the Cardinals but I'd much much rather face Atlanta than the Dodgers and with the way San Diego is playing.....what if....what if we beat Atlanta and San Diego beats the Dodgers?  The World Series would not be out of the question....

3 hours ago, NYEagle said:

So let me get this straight, the Phillies are one game away from the NLDS and the Mets are one game away from a season down the tubes?  Yeah....definitely a good day yesterday!!

And look....looking waaaaaay forward......we have to get through the Cardinals but I'd much much rather face Atlanta than the Dodgers and with the way San Diego is playing.....what if....what if we beat Atlanta and San Diego beats the Dodgers?  The World Series would not be out of the question....

Assuming the Phillies beat the Cards, they would then play the Dodgers. They are the #1 seed so they get the lowest seed left. 

Edit: @NYEagle you're right. The Phillies would play the Braves if they win. Padres would play Dodgers. I always thought the higher seed plays the lower seed but I guess it's to cut back on travel?

Live Odds 

Screenshot_20221008_101522.thumb.jpg.02c07401b8fb2462ad05cc4a9f68ab80.jpg

My preseason bet now has a cash out in the black for the first time all season 

Screenshot_20221008_101444.jpg

3 hours ago, vsptroops said:

Assuming the Phillies beat the Cards, they would then play the Dodgers. They are the #1 seed so they get the lowest seed left. 

Edit: @NYEagle you're right. The Phillies would play the Braves if they win. Padres would play Dodgers. I always thought the higher seed plays the lower seed but I guess it's to cut back on travel?

That’s other sports like the nfl and nhl where they do that. mlb doesn’t re-seed matchups where dodgers would face the lowest remaining seed. It just goes by the how the bracket is set up. I found that out midway through the season. Not sure their reasoning. I’m doubting it’s traveling  cause if the Mets come back the dodgers/Mets have the longest travel of any potential series in the nlds. 

• Like 1