Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

During the game I switched over to watch some highway to heaven, That may be the only thing more depressing than the Phillies

With the Sixers season over I decided that I can now start focusing on the Phillies.  Not impressed.  A depressing mostly empty stadium.  Blowing multiple leads in the same game.  Now 4th place in the division. 

Maybe a deadline move can turn this season around so that we have something to engage us. 

14 minutes ago, therealdawk20 said:

With the Sixers season over I decided that I can now start focusing on the Phillies.  Not impressed.  A depressing mostly empty stadium.  Blowing multiple leads in the same game.  Now 4th place in the division. 

Maybe a deadline move can turn this season around so that we have something to engage us. 

If anything they need to sell. They have no farm system to acquire anybody worth a damn.  I wouldn’t even consider anyone untouchable.

Blowing leads is a recurring theme for Philly sports teams lately.

2 hours ago, therealdawk20 said:

they have to get some star relievers and star pitchers and stop with this hope this guy and that guy will turn it around, we have too much of those guys and not getting an actual elite player. there's a vet star reliever puts up awesome numbers, get him, the same with star closers and star pitchers. we are missing elite players in the pitching rotation and the bullpen, like i said too many what if and turn around type of players, it's not working. they need elite cant miss players.

5 hours ago, John Blutarski said:

Blowing leads is a recurring theme for Philly sports teams lately.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I'm not sure who I'm more disappointed in and just plain "done with" now.  Rivers or Girardi.  It's close.  Bring back Pete Makanin.  At least I didn't want to punch him in the face.  

I agree. Say what you want about those Phillies teams under Pete but at least they were fundamentally sound.

• Like 2

So...... Buyers or Sellers at the deadline?

I actually wouldn't mind seeing them trade Hoskins to an AL team for some pitching

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

I actually wouldn't mind seeing them trade Hoskins to an AL team for some pitching

Should be sellers. Segura, hoskins, eflin, neris, Bradley should all be traded and get whatever you can for them. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

sell-button.jpg

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Should be sellers. Segura, hoskins, eflin, neris, Bradley should all be traded and get whatever you can for them. 

Harper Too :ph34r:

Poor Nola.  Not only does he pitch 2 hit shutout ball over 5.1 IPs while striking out 12, including 10 in a row tying a 50+ year old MLB record, but he also gets 2 hits (out of 3 the team has) and drives in the leading run.  Then only to have the first RP up lose the lead so he can't earn a W.

I wonder what the percentage of games is that the Phillies' O struggles to produce when their SP is pitching well (allowing 2 runs or less over 6+ IPs)?  I would say well over 50% as it seems they tend to do that often.

• Like 1

What a week of Philly sports.  When it’s bad it is BAD.

15 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

What a year of Philly sports.  When it’s bad it is BAD.

Fyp

So 12 innings into this DH with the Mets and the mighty Phillies' O has 1 run on 4 hits total.  Abysmal.

1 minute ago, Green_Guinness said:

So 12 innings into this DH with the Mets and the mighty Phillies' O has 1 run on 4 hits total.  Abysmal.

Yeah but we didn’t get no hit. So that’s a win in of itself 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah but we didn’t get no hit. So that’s a win in of itself 

So you're saying my expectations are too high?  😄

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Once Segura comes back everything will be ok

41 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

So you're saying my expectations are too high?  😄

Yes i only expect us to not get no hit every game. This is what it has come too