Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Glad we got Bradley

Bradley cooper could do better tbh

• Like 1

I f'ing hate the Phillies and Sixers, I actually ventured over the TATE because they are both dead and was like F!!  What the hell am I doing here talking about another sucky team!!

Phillies should change their name to the Brown & Green Knees because they spend loads of time on their knees blowing games.

has any of these players have actually won championships? if not, it's pretty much a losing culture that klentak and mcfail created on this team, if you think the manager is the problem, explain gabe's success with the giants? the roster is terrible, it's filling with players that dont know how to win, if a great manager like joe cant do it then no one else will.

dave has to retool this roster and get players that know how to win, that's it.

Twenty blown saves. Convert half of them and the Phils have a 4 game lead on the division. Garbage bullpen. Gee who expected that? Oh, everybody.

• Like 1

Can we please talk about the good things like  how tough it is to play on the road and how they have leads in the late innings. The late innings lead trophy is very important

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Can we please talk about the good things like  how tough it is to play on the road and how they have leads in the late innings. The late innings lead trophy is very important

That's true... It also gives them more chances at the all time blown saves record. It's nice to have something to cheer for.

• Like 1

Well wheeler has to go 9 to avoid the bullpen blowing this 4 run lead 

• Haha 1

The bullpen tried their best to blow this one but the four runs was enough. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SB52 said:

Does Alec Bohm have enough power to be an everyday 1B on a good team?

No

• Like 1

Gee Howard implodes in the 3rd inning, shocking

Howard belongs in the bullpen.  Mold him into a closer now, solves a problem rather than waiting 3 years to realize he’s not a starter.

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m loving this small ball stuff.  Stealing bases, moving runners, bunting and speed!!!!   

Is it still too early to get excited over Maton and Williams?

You basically can’t get excited over a young Phil until they are looking good for 2 consecutive seasons.

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m just numb to it all at this point.   

i just expect them to have an implosion at some point where they lose like 10 in a row. If they didn’t sign harper to that deal I’d say just blow it up and start a rebuild again but then Dombrowski becomes useless cause he’s not the GM that’s good at rebuilding. He’s much better at taking over a team that’s close and getting them over the top. 

This organization is getting to be like one of the really bad old movies like plan 9 from outer space. so bad it is funny

2 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

This organization is getting to be like one of the really bad old movies like plan 9 from outer space. so bad it is funny

Amazing the white Sox and Padres did rebuilds in the same time we did and yet we are the only one basically with crap farm system and a mediocre team. Add on the Padres dealt Jamie shields got tatis. Phillies dealt Hamels and literally had to trade Alfaro and their best prospect to get realmuto. 

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

These red jerseys are horrific.   Looks like spring training.  Thanks Bryce.  

I was thinking about buying one.

:blush:

2 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Neftali Feliz

:roll: :roll: :roll: 

Just a bit rusty I am sure he will be fine

• Like 1

Just now, Dave Moss said:

I was thinking about buying one.

:blush:

They are decent

I predict before the sun goes Supernova the Phillies will win another World Series

• Haha 1