Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

Miller is a great bench piece on a good team, maybe they could trade him to one and get something

50 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Wheeler dominating

He's our ace. Frankly eflin has been better than nola so far this year particularly lately nola has struggled 

• Like 1

Bradley turning out to be a bust

4 in miami. Normally playing the marlins you’d expect to win the series but the Phillies manage to not to do that and then they get tampa for 2 

They talked about the Spencer Howard stuff on the radio broadcast. LA suggested maybe he was out of shape. 

1 minute ago, Dave Moss said:

They talked about the Spencer Howard stuff on the radio broadcast. LA suggested maybe he was out of shape. 

Possible. It’s been a weird year. Frankly he should’ve been up on the majors at the start of the season to see what he has. We don’t need to see what Anderson and Moore have. We know they weren’t good as Moore was pitching overseas and Anderson is what he is 

36 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I heard Spencer's quote about running to 1st but I assumed pitchers still hit in the minors. Has that changed?

24 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

I heard Spencer's quote about running to 1st but I assumed pitchers still hit in the minors. Has that changed?

Maybe they didn’t last year???

44 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Who cares, if you run to first and are exhausted the next inning you have big problems

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Who cares, if you run to first and are exhausted the next inning you have big problems

Oh, I agree. I thought his comment was ridiculous to say the least. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Spencer howard be like 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

On 5/22/2021 at 10:09 PM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

0 for his last 15

Don't worry, guys, only 11 years left on that contract!

• Haha 1

Harper has 13 RBI 47 games into the season.

So he’s on track for less than 50.  Lol

37 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Don't worry, guys, only 11 years left on that contract!

Get it right. Its "only" 10 more. 😄

5 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Get it right. Its "only" 10 more. 😄

Unless my math is fuzzy (totally possible), he signed for 13 years in March 2019, so looking on the brightest side possible would be 10.5 years, rounded down.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Harper has 13 RBI 47 games into the season.

So he’s on track for less than 50.  Lol

Realmuto has 17 so he’s on track for 68. Big money finally paying off for the Phils! 

• Haha 1

In their defense, it's hard to get RBIs when the guys in front of you never get on base

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

In their defense, it's hard to get RBIs when the guys in front of you never get on base

I agree to an extent. The beginning of the season I agree Harper had nobody on when he hit his homers. Recently though he has had multiple guys on base where he has come up empty with strikeouts. 

• Like 1

Years of positivity ahead

22 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  Harper was shortening his swing and hitting line drives.  Now he's pressing and taking HR cuts like the rest of the team.  They all look like idiots by the way they play.  Not a smart ball club.  Not well coached either.  Just call it, like it is.  As much as I would love to, you can't blame Gabe.  

Correct. While I do not want Kapler back, I was expecting a helluva lot more from Girardi. Very disappointed in his job performance. 

• Like 1

Glad they kept McCutchen instead of dickerson, he is better and rock paper scissors.....you know the important things

5 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Glad they kept McCutchen instead of dickerson, he is better and rock paper scissors.....you know the important things

Mccutchen’s contract when it was given to him was dumb. Literally Brantley got a year less and been a far superior player. Brantley could have played OF for two more years when he signed. They overpaid mccutchen to begin with and gave him a year too long. 

• Sad 1

Brad Miller one RBI behind harper