Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

Rollins always asking for free food is annoying, that is my Phillies thought for the night

5 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

I kind of agree with Salisbury on this one.

Who cares?  They suck.  Same story now several years in a row.  This team is a .500 team, that's it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Who cares?  They suck.  Same story now several years in a row.  This team is a .500 team, that's it.

They were down 11-0 in the ninth inning…

It’s like a receiver celebrating a first down when their team is down by several touchdows.  Lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

They were down 11-0 in the ninth inning…

It’s like a receiver celebrating a first down when their team is down by several touchdows.  Lol

Yeah, silly

14 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Yeah, silly

It probably doesn’t help that I find the team unlikable.  They have a huge payroll yet keep getting pummeled by teams like Arizona and Colorado.  And they have an easy schedule which gave us false hope.  It’s very frustrating.  And I don’t have cricket or European soccer to fall back on.  :roll: 

2 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

It probably doesn’t help that I find the team unlikable.  They have a huge payroll yet keep getting pummeled by teams like Arizona and Colorado.  And they have an easy schedule which gave us false hope.  It’s very frustrating.  And I don’t have cricket or European soccer to fall back on.  :roll: 

Yeah, I’m not missing anything. The stretch from 2006-2012 was tough for me though I still saw a bunch of games. 

I have my Prem League team which helps. Eagles are no problem to follow but the others are tough given the time diff. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Yeah, I’m not missing anything. The stretch from 2006-2012 was tough for me though I still saw a bunch of games. 

I have my Prem League team which helps. Eagles are no problem to follow but the others are tough given the time diff. 

Because I live in North Carolina they black out Atlanta, Washington, Cincinnati, and some other stupid team on MLB.tv

I miss like 25% of the season. But I can still listen to the radio broadcast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

Realmuto hasn’t caught enough heat. Guy has been a major disappointment. That’s going to turn into a nightmare contract.

I've been ranting about this to my friends for weeks lol

They always get on Hoskins and Harper but never JT 

22 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

I've been ranting about this to my friends for weeks lol

They always get on Hoskins and Harper but never JT 

He’s been bad for the past month.

Another September collapse. It doesn’t seem to matter who the manager is. I’m thankful for the start of football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

He’s been bad for the past month.

He deserves to be ridiculed for his performance. However i also think he’s dealing with a shoulder and ankle injury.  

4 hours ago, Gannan said:

Another September collapse. It doesn’t seem to matter who the manager is. I’m thankful for the start of football.

The team just belongs at .500.  They’ll oscillate a bit above or below that en route to their inevitable destination,  but that’s who they are.

I don’t get angry or disappointed when that’s just what their roster is.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Realmuto hasn’t caught enough heat. Guy has been a major disappointment. That’s going to turn into a nightmare contract.

They will  make an injury excuse and then in Spring Training he will say he is in the best shape of his career

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave Moss said:

Good riddance. I wonder what team will take a flyer on him after he clears waivers. I'm sure there is 1 team out there who thinks he just needs a change of scenery and can fix him. 

43 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Good riddance. I wonder what team will take a flyer on him after he clears waivers. I'm sure there is 1 team out there who thinks he just needs a change of scenery and can fix him. 

He’s not consistent enough to be a major-league pitcher. But I agree that someone will take a chance.

2 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Why the F didn't they start Medina yesterday??? 

Cause it’s the Phillies 

I’d expect Harper to finish in the top 3 in the MVP race.  He’s way behind Soto in OBP, but obviously ahead of him in slugging pct.

27 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I’d expect Harper to finish in the top 3 in the MVP race.  He’s way behind Soto in OBP, but obviously ahead of him in slugging pct.

I think tatis wins it but harper has been on fire since the beginning of July. This has been the best we’ve seen harper since that MVP season.