Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

42 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I’d be more worried but i think there’s a chance that he falls off a cliff like halladay at some point in that contract and i wouldn’t be surprised if it’s within the first two years of the contract. He’s going to be 38 next year. That said the irritating thing about this is he didn’t want to go to any NL east team last year at the trade deadline because he didn’t wanna do that to the nationals. But now he’s going to sign with one of those teams.

Give us Castellanos. Then were good in the outfield for the next 5 years. You put whoever in between him and Harper and were in good shape and just have to focus on pitching, maybe another infielder. 

lol Mets… $43m per year for Scherzer for years 37-40? I’m sure that will work out well. What are they going to pay Degrom? $50m per?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

lol Mets… $43m per year for Scherzer for years 37-40? I’m sure that will work out well. What are they going to pay Degrom? $50m per?

This is a pure desperation move by the Mets. 3/$140m to lock up Scherzer's age 37-40 seasons is bananas. They whiffed on Gausman and Matz and panicked. Mets gonna Met.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

This is a pure desperation move by the Mets. 3/$140m to lock up Scherzer's age 37-40 seasons is bananas. They whiffed on Gausman and Matz and panicked. Mets gonna Met.

No doubt about it. If they don’t make the playoffs this year, it will be one of the biggest fails ever. Their payroll is slated for $265 million this year. My god.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawkins 20 said:

yeah it is, i mean if he wanted alot less on a short term that's fine but i would not overspend 100 million on someone that's over 35 especially pitchers, if he was 29 or 30 years old aka wheeler on a long term deal i would do that.

1 hour ago, Dawkins 20 said:

It has all the makings of blowing up in their face. He’s going to be 38 in the middle of the season next year. He had a worn out arm by the time they got to the postseason with the dodgers. I think there’s a high chance by year two he could see a decline where they get stuck in a bad contract. Maybe he pitches like he does for 3 years but i tend to think he doesn’t 

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

That’s a tough decision with either Bryant or castellanos. I think Bryant allows you to have more versatility cause he can play first, 3rd and OF. Castellanos was really really good last year. I think harper would prefer Bryant. I’d be more surprised they aren’t in on the SS market but then again ton of money tied to Didi and segura this year and apparently there’s a lot of belief stott is getting very close  to the majors from what I’ve read 

It's Castellanos or bust. Go get him.

6 years. 8 years. Doesnt matter.

DH is coming to the NL.

We need this guy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Jays lost Semien, tough to get a better replacement .