Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

32 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Guess we'll see what they're made of this week - I don't have high hopes

If we can go 3-3 I’d be pretty content. If they go 4-2 where they win 2 of 3 against both the Mets and marlins I’d be pretty thrilled. 

• Like 1

Would be nice if we had a couple international guys pan out. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yup…really big test to see where this team stands 

• Like 1

Good i didn’t want him playing the outfield. Hopefully he can face live pitching next week 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

kind of the obvious for a while now 

Yup.  So he’ll miss some of next year.  Pretty dumb considering they’ll be in a better position to contend next year.  He should just get the surgery.

No help from the Rays or Giants today which is unfortunate since they are facing Alcantara tonight.

7 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Yup.  So he’ll miss some of next year.  Pretty dumb considering they’ll be in a better position to contend next year.  He should just get the surgery.

No help from the Rays or Giants today which is unfortunate since they are facing Alcantara tonight.

Depends. Rhys had his surgery beginning of October (October 5 to be exact), he was back for opening day. There’s two different surgical techniques now. One supposedly you recover faster. I’m guessing he opts on that one. Just a guess he likely is a DH until midseason next year when he’s fully recovered. 

https://www.houstonmethodist.org/newsroom/new-surgical-technique-cuts-tommy-john-recovery-time-in-half/

Eh, knowing the Phillies they'll probably just have Harper rest it over the winter and then discover in March that he actually needs surgery.

7 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Eh, knowing the Phillies they'll probably just have Harper rest it over the winter and then discover in March that he actually needs surgery.

Yeah they were dumb with siranthony. I have a feeling harper elects to do what Rhys did. Rhys has been fine in that respect using the newer technique which cut down recovery. I’d not play him outfield next year either tbh. Just let him DH 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah they were dumb with siranthony. I have a feeling harper elects to do what Rhys did. Rhys has been fine in that respect using the newer technique which cut down recovery. I’d not play him outfield next year either tbh. Just let him DH 

Seranthony was complicated because of covid. 

He couldn't get back into the country 

15 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Seranthony was complicated because of covid. 

He couldn't get back into the country 

They waited to do the surgery from the beginning. He got hurt in June 2019 and thought a throwing program they set up would be the better option (it’s almost never the case that works for a pitcher). Usually when you have an elbow/ucl injury with a pitcher that thing doesn’t get better unless you get the surgery. Tends to be a ticking time bomb where it’ll eventually either completely tear or get worse.  The reason why they ran into the issues with Covid. He had the same discomfort it in March 2020 in spring training and dr. Andrews said he needed surgery then. Again normally pitchers with a UCL injury rarely recover fully or back to form without surgery. That’s where they screwed up. They should’ve had that done back when all of us on here said that was the inevitable outcome (i believe Jayson stark that 2019 year said he was eventually going to need it. I remember cause Mike miss asked him about it when it happened and then again before the season ended) 

Makes it worse then just the bats doing nothing tonight is that they aren’t even making Sandy work. He has 45 pitches through 5 innings. He’s on pace to pitch 9 innings at 78 pitches.