Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

That’s the nature of baseball. You just can’t win every game. 

9 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

That’s the nature of baseball. You just can’t win every game. 

I’m actually more concerned about tomorrows game then this one. That pitcher for the pirates has electric stuff. The Phillies fly out to Phoenix without an off day and face gallen. Gallen has been incredible in august. He’s had 5 starts in august. 4-0, 0.87 ERA in 33 innings. 37 Ks and 9 walks. Opponents hitting .165. He also hasn’t given up a run in his last 28.1 innings. Hoping Suarez can match him tomorrow 

I was just reading up on the Phillies schedule for 2023. Some interesting tidbits. They play more games against the AL than the NL in April, only 10 of their 81 home games will begin at 7:05, the rest of their midweek night games will begin at 6:40, and their September will be rough with trips to Milwaukee, SD, STL, ATL, and NY. That's brutal.  

3 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

I was just reading up on the Phillies schedule for 2023. Some interesting tidbits. They play more games against the AL than the NL in April, only 10 of their 81 home games will begin at 7:05, the rest of their midweek night games will begin at 6:40, and their September will be rough with trips to Milwaukee, SD, STL, ATL, and NY. That's brutal.  

They start a majority of dbacks games out here at 640. Frankly it makes it less likely to get fans to games. Cause by the time you get off work then you have to rush over there for the start. The extra 25 mins makes a difference. Although dbacks arent good so that doesn’t help 

positive we only play the Mets 13 times next year. That helps lol 

43 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m actually more concerned about tomorrows game then this one. That pitcher for the pirates has electric stuff. The Phillies fly out to Phoenix without an off day and face gallen. Gallen has been incredible in august. He’s had 5 starts in august. 4-0, 0.87 ERA in 33 innings. 37 Ks and 9 walks. Opponents hitting .165. He also hasn’t given up a run in his last 28.1 innings. Hoping Suarez can match him tomorrow 

Bumgarner pitches tomorrow and he blows

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They start a majority of dbacks games out here at 640. Frankly it makes it less likely to get fans to games. Cause by the time you get off work then you have to rush over there for the start. The extra 25 mins makes a difference. Although dbacks arent good so that doesn’t help 

positive we only play the Mets 13 times next year. That helps lol 

Since I don't go to the games, I like the 6:40 start, lol. Didn't know that about the Mets. Interesting.

3 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Bumgarner pitches tomorrow and he blows

Not according to yahoo unless they dbacks made the decision to flip bum and gallen. I see espn changed it to bum

D550169F-65CB-4B33-9E4B-3E5897D2F809.thumb.jpeg.13a35fe6f999ece91756d8d400777f8b.jpeg

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yup tomorrow is a loss as well.  They lay an egg on this road trip and they are in trouble 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Yup tomorrow is a loss as well.  They lay an egg on this road trip and they are in trouble 

Besides bumgarner, the dbacks starting pitching has actually been pretty good. It’s gonna be some order of bum, gallen and Henry. Sadly the last game of this series is falter going. At least we miss Kelley. He and gallen have been really good. Giants series they face Cobb, Junis and then rodon on Sunday. Really i think going 3-3 on the trip would be a success. West coast trips this late in the season aren’t easy even if it’s the dbacks and giants. Neither are great but the travel and where we are in the season it can catch you. Gotta just come back home and blast marlins and nats 

26 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Besides bumgarner, the dbacks starting pitching has actually been pretty good. It’s gonna be some order of bum, gallen and Henry. Sadly the last game of this series is falter going. At least we miss Kelley. He and gallen have been really good. Giants series they face Cobb, Junis and then rodon on Sunday. Really i think going 3-3 on the trip would be a success. West coast trips this late in the season aren’t easy even if it’s the dbacks and giants. Neither are great but the travel and where we are in the season it can catch you. Gotta just come back home and blast marlins and nats 

No reason not to go 4-2 but I could see them losing 4 of 6.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

No reason not to go 4-2 but I could see them losing 4 of 6.

Hate saying it but i think first game against the dbacks will dictate how that series goes. The fact we don’t have an off day after the travel is brutal. If they actually switched bumgarner for gallen that helps. Frankly dumb on the dbacks part. I think gallen on Monday sets themselves up better. 

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Hate saying it but i think first game against the dbacks will dictate how that series goes. The fact we don’t have an off day after the travel is brutal. If they actually switched bumgarner for gallen that helps. Frankly dumb on the dbacks part. I think gallen on Monday sets themselves up better. 

Agreed.  I think they lose tomorrow regardless.  Just hope they can avoid a disaster of a trip.

• Haha 1

If they can go about 11-4 in the next 15 against four garbage teams (Dbacks, Giants, Marlins, Nats) that should just about lock them in.

1 minute ago, TV Guy said:

If they can go about 11-4 in the next 15 against four garbage teams (Dbacks, Giants, Marlins, Nats) that should just about lock them in.

Sadly we haven’t won a series in Az since 2016. I know cause i go every year lol. 

So bumgarner is going tonight and gallen tomorrow. coukd be pretty big in winning the series to win tonight. Next two matchups are nola vs. gallen and falter vs. Henry. 

The amount of injuries this team has had to major components is astounding. 

Phillies ran themselves out of that inning harper shouldn’t have been going on just any contact. And segura didn’t need to be stealing in a 0-0 count with stott up and a runner on 3rd. Especially with vierling and marsh behind him. Let him hit and try to bring the run home before getting to those two in the lineup. 

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Phillies ran themselves out of that inning harper shouldn’t have been going on just any contact. And segura didn’t need to be stealing in a 0-0 count with stott up and a runner on 3rd. Especially with vierling and marsh behind him. Let him hit and try to bring the run home before getting to those two in the lineup. 

True but seems like it may be irrelevant 

2 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

True but seems like it may be irrelevant 

As long as Suarez can go 7 and we keep adding on. If we get to 6-7 runs i feel more confident as the dbacks really aren’t a good hitting team