Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

Just now, nipples said:

Man if Castellanos gets hot here it’s a game changer. 

If he gets hot we really should move him up and hoskins down. I’d consider taking schwarber out of leadoff if he continues to struggle. He’s 0-9 with 0 walks and 4 Ks  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Curious to see who they go to after Suarez. It’s gonna be one of gibson, syndergaard or falter. I probably go falter than Snydergaard to try and get 2-3 innings. If they can get to Domínguez and Alvarado with a lead I’d feel good 

I'm thinking they're saving Falter for game 4, no?

2 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Don’t need to worry about game 4 if they sweep it in 3. 💪

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Possible. I think you got to try to win this game. You have wheeler and nola for games 2 and 3. 

Angels out there i tell you 

202EB67C-971D-4742-BCB8-F2B058E1D965.jpeg

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Don’t need to worry about game 4 if they sweep it in 3. 💪

Hey man, love the positive thinking. So far, so good. I mean, if they sweep the defending champs, then I would throw some money down for them to win the World Series and I don't even gamble, lol.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What horse crap. Watch, if there is a game 5, those geniuses will make it the same time as Eagles/ Cowboys. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

He punches his locker just for giving up a hit? Damn, hate to see what he would have done if it was a game winning homer.

What horse crap. Watch, if there is a game 5, those geniuses will make it the same time as Eagles/ Cowboys. 

It’s on that Sunday which is Fing dumb that there’s no day for travel. Should’ve made it Monday. Competing with crap broncos vs. chargers  

1 minute ago, vsptroops said:

He punches his locker just for giving up a hit? Damn, hate to see what he would have done if it was a game winning homer.

It’s ok the Astros have like 20 other arms 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’s on that Sunday which is Fing dumb that there’s no day for travel. Should’ve made it Monday. Competing with crap broncos vs. chargers  

Yeah, I was surprised there wasn't a travel day built into the schedule.

Yeah, I was surprised there wasn't a travel day built into the schedule.

It’s cause the idiots started he season a week later. They are trying to get to the World Series before it gets too cold and too much into November  

Just now, vsptroops said:

Nice K by Ranger!! 

Be nice if he'd go an inning without flirting with disaster though :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don’t have much faith in the bullpen holding the lead

Just now, mikemack8 said:

Be nice if he'd go an inning without flirting with disaster though :lol: 

I’m pretty sure between the Phillies and the eagles over the last 6 days I’ve lost 15 years off my life. 

• Like 2

Ranger bearing down. You’re crazy if you thought he was just going to mow through this braves line up for 7-8 innings. He’s giving us a chance to win that’s all I’m asking from him. Bats gotta keep it going.

• Like 2

Just now, BirdsFanBill said:

Ranger bearing down. You’re crazy if you thought he was just going to mow through this braves line up for 7-8 innings. He’s giving us a chance to win that’s all I’m asking from him. Bats gotta keep it going.

I was hoping for 5 maybe 6. I’m not sure he’s getting through next inning. Scares me they have brogdon warming up. He’s been so damn bad since mid august 

• Like 1

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I was hoping for 5 maybe 6. I’m not sure he’s getting through next inning. Scares me they have brogdon warming up. He’s been so damn bad since mid august 

They all gotta pitch eventually. That’s the beauty of the postseason 5 and 7 game series

Suarez isn’t going to be able to pitch out of these jams all day long. Either he needs to get himself under control, or the staff had better pull the trigger quickly enough to avoid a huge rally that puts us in a hole. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Game 3 Friday, the Phillies’ first home playoff game since 2011, starts at 4:37 p.m.

Game 4 Saturday at Citizens Bank Park begins at 2:07 p.m. 

Game 5 back in Atlanta Sunday is scheduled for a 4:37 p.m. first pitch.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/phillies/phillies-vs-braves-game-times-citizens-bank-park?cid=sm_npd_rsn_phi_fb_mn

• Like 1