Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

Marcus hayes is the biggest dbag in the city 

• Like 3

1AB spring training for Rojas and he strikes out. Good start. Yeah I’m gonna be tough on him this year 

Oh look Scott kingery going yard 

Scott Kingery with a HR on his first AB. Just get this guy on the roster somehow give him a chance he’s not worse than Castro. 

• Like 1

Nick Nelson is in midseason form 

6 hours ago, RoadToHell said:

1AB spring training for Rojas and he strikes out. Good start. Yeah I’m gonna be tough on him this year 

If you’re going to overreact to a spring training strikeout, you better also acknowledge the 2-4 with 3 RBI. 

1 hour ago, nipples said:

If you’re going to overreact to a spring training strikeout, you better also acknowledge the 2-4 with 3 RBI. 

No im not serious in spring training he did well 

6 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Odd contract. It’s essentially a one year deal if Bellinger performs well. If he doesn’t play well, Cubs are saddled with his contract for two more years. All downside for the Cubs. 

3 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Odd contract. It’s essentially a one year deal if Bellinger performs well. If he doesn’t play well, Cubs are saddled with his contract for two more years. All downside for the Cubs. 

Boras special. He wanted bellinger to be able to hit the market again next year if he had a similar season to 2023. And if he doesn’t then he still is making good money. Also a chance to hit the market if he bounced back in 2025.

have a feeling Montgomery and snell are gonna have similar deals. Although stark putting this out there it comes off as ridiculous. Montgomery isn’t gonna get what nola did. Frankly think the Phillies overpaid 

10 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Boras special. He wanted bellinger to be able to hit the market again next year if he had a similar season to 2023. And if he doesn’t then he still is making good money. Also a chance to hit the market if he bounced back in 2025.

have a feeling Montgomery and snell are gonna have similar deals. Although stark putting this out there it comes off as ridiculous. Montgomery isn’t gonna get what nola did. Frankly think the Phillies overpaid 

What he wants and what he gets are 2 totally different things. He may have to take a short-term deal and go from there. If he was going to get 6+ years, he would have gotten it already. 

53 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

What he wants and what he gets are 2 totally different things. He may have to take a short-term deal and go from there. If he was going to get 6+ years, he would have gotten it already. 

I tend to think he gets a 4 year deal with opt outs after every season. I doubt he’s going to get a 6 year deal. If he does more power to him but I’d be surprised. I could see something like 4 years 130 with opt outs after every year. 

16 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They guy never came close to pitching over 200 innings in his career and last year he threw 219 including the playoffs (188 regular +31 postseason). His previous high was 178 in 2022.

Historically, pitchers haven't fared well after such an increase 

2 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

They guy never came close to pitching over 200 innings in his career and last year he threw 219 including the playoffs (188 regular +31 postseason). His previous high was 178 in 2022.

Historically, pitchers haven't fared well after such an increase 

In fairness they paid Aaron Nola’s and last 3 years have been down then up then down. Last 3 years he’s pitched 180, 205  and 193 and has had 4.63, 3.25 and 4.46 ERA. Can say well he eats innings and the analytics have been good to nola but 2021 and 2023 he really wasn’t great. The era those year’s matches how he looked most of the year. at some point the innings are going to eventually catch up in that contract. The concern with nola and his contract is the back end of it could be harsh as he declines from the amount of innings and/or he has the similar issues he had from 2022 to 2023.  I’d be willing to bet montgomery’s contract looks much more reasonable in terms of years when all is said and done. I don’t think Montgomery gets 7 years. I’m guessing it’s 4-5 years with multiple opt out. 

Picked up this Stott game used jersey. Used game 4 vs. Braves in the nlds. 

IMG_0557.jpeg

IMG_0558.jpeg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

So you have a better Stott jersey than Stott himself now.

So what makes this whole thing so frustrating, is that I have collected jersey since I was 10 years old. I have jerseys that date all the way back to 1940s until now. fanatics and Nike has Fed up the NFL and MLB jerseys. Coming soon nhl. But adidas kind of declined from ccm/reebok. They are so freaking bad compared to what they used to be. It’s such a shame for collectors because you know the quality is crap when you can compare it to past jerseys that you’ve collected from different eras 

Nick Nelson in midseason form 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

• Haha 1