Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

Cool - probably be another Casey Matthews :rolleyes: 

• Haha 2

Vince DiMaggio, Jeremy Giambi, Mike Maddux, Ken Brett, Frank Torre, Mark Leiter 

Braves, Mets and Phillies... 

Screenshot_20240301_123219_Facebook.jpg

Is this even binding? 

FB_IMG_1709346096026.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I guess that concludes our off season signings. Sounds like they are banking on one of the young starting prospects to be part a of the rotation in 2 years. 

30 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Huge AAV, but the term is relatively short, which is nice. Hopefully Wheeler can hold up over the next four years. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Huge AAV, but the term is relatively short, which is nice. Hopefully Wheeler can hold up over the next four years. 

the end number was the goal for wheeler. the phillies wanted to keep the years down. 

win, win for the two sides. now, let's hope it works out for the team and fans. 

They better win soon. Financial disaster looms

• Haha 1

I wonder if they will try to lock up Stott to an early deal and buy out some of his post arbitration years 

55 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

They better win soon. Financial disaster looms

There's no salary cap in baseball - as long as ownership wants to keep spending, they can.  Look at the Dodgers

40 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

There's no salary cap in baseball - as long as ownership wants to keep spending, they can.  Look at the Dodgers

They only have money committed to like 4 players past 2025

Nick Nelson is garbage

Griff is a stiff

IMG_0617.jpeg

• Haha 5

Interesting point with kelce presser and retiring and wheeler news, i think the Phillies wouldn’t have announced wheeler’s extension and had the presser today if they’d have known Kelce was gonna retire. I say this cause john middleton said wheeler agreed to his deal on feb 24. Wanted a deal done before wheeler’s baby arrived last week and then announced it today. News came out about a presser and wheeler’s extension almost immediately at the same time. I actually think wheeler’s news came out a couple mins earlier. I think the Phillies likely wouldn’t announced it today if they had known and give kelce/eagles the day (not like they didn’t anyway)

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Interesting point with kelce presser and retiring and wheeler news, i think the Phillies wouldn’t have announced wheeler’s extension and had the presser today if they’d have known Kelce was gonna retire. I say this cause john middleton said wheeler agreed to his deal on feb 24. Wanted a deal done before wheeler’s baby arrived last week and then announced it today. News came out about a presser and wheeler’s extension almost immediately at the same time. I actually think wheeler’s news came out a couple mins earlier. I think the Phillies likely wouldn’t announced it today if they had known and give kelce/eagles the day (not like they didn’t anyway)

It's like in The Sopranos when Pauline's Mom (Aunt) died but everyone went to Christopher's funeral instead 

• Like 1

The Red Sox signed Giolito to replace Sale and now he's hurt. 

Supposedly the Phillies had conversations with them about Walker for Jansen. 

I wonder if you make that move and then sign Snell or Montgomery 

• Like 2