Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

God Fing damnit Castellanos 

• Like 1

McCarthy is so much better at football. Less of his ad libing  commentary 

Kruk is better when he talks less as well.  He has been better this game than typical games in the past couple of years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

Kruk is better when he talks less as well.  He has been better this game than typical games in the past couple of years.

Kruk is awesome he should be the only color commentator. He’s much better than Amaro and Schmidt 

• Like 1

Can dominguez get 3 outs before giving up 6?

Dominguez to close it out. I expect Alvarado to come in at some point now 

Who thought the Padres city connect jerseys was a good idea? Those have to be the worst jerseys I’ve ever seen. It makes ours look fantastic 

Of course Dominguez has his best appearance of the season 

3 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Who thought the Padres city connect jerseys was a good idea? Those have to be the worst jerseys I’ve ever seen. It makes ours look fantastic 

Nike did.

They look great, in a vacuum.  It would be a really good color scheme on its own.  But it really sticks out like a sore thumb against the normal color scheme of brown and yellow.  The Padres also look like clowns or human beachballs with those colors, and it would be more appropriate for a minor league team.

• Like 1

Bohm with a 2-run shot in the first. Dude is on fire. He's batting .354 with a 1.040 OPS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vsptroops said:

Bohm with a 2-run shot in the first. Dude is on fire. He's batting .354 with a 1.040 OPS.

He and Turner are just hitting the cover off the ball right now. Feels like Bohm has taken the next step in his development 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He and Turner are just hitting the cover off the ball right now. Feels like Bohm has taken the next step in his development 

I wonder if DD would offer to buy out the last 2 years of Bohm's arbitration years to give him a long-term extension. Not sure who his agent is. If it's Boras, forget about it. 

1 minute ago, vsptroops said:

I wonder if DD would offer to buy out the last 2 years of Bohm's arbitration years to give him a long-term extension. Not sure who his agent is. If it's Boras, forget about it. 

It’s boras 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’s boras 

Yep, forget about it then. I wonder if any of the players that the Braves extended to long-term deals over the last couple of years have Boras as an agent. 

8 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Yep, forget about it then. I wonder if any of the players that the Braves extended to long-term deals over the last couple of years have Boras as an agent. 

Based on this list, he doesn’t have any. Don’t know how reliable it is though 

https://transactions.mlbtraderumors.com/widget/player-agencies&link=true&widget=true&PA_Agency_ID=5

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Based on this list, he doesn’t have any. Don’t know how reliable it is though 

https://transactions.mlbtraderumors.com/widget/player-agencies&link=true&widget=true&PA_Agency_ID=5

Interesting. I've always found the alure of Boras to be overrated. As we all saw this past off-season, neither Snell, Montgomery, nor Bellinger signed anything close to what they were expected to get and it also cost them spring training time. I also just read that Montgomery dropped Boras as his agent. Hopefully more follow suit.

What’s with the New Balance digital banner blocking the view of the baseball? That’s not annoying. Am I the only one seeing this?

These effing ads behind the plate make it tough to see the ball coming out of the pitcher's hand

At least you guys can watch it, i have to find a link cause mlb tv blacked it out even though i live in Arizona. The Padres black out in Az. Such crap cause i don’t get the padres station to watch 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

At least you guys can watch it, i have to find a link cause mlb tv blacked it out even though i live in Arizona. The Padres black out in Az. Such crap cause i don’t get the padres station to watch 

That’s bs I gotta grab a link when they play SF because those games are blacked out for me 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Ok here is game summary, Suarez dealing, Bohm on fire, Castellanos blows and I don't charge a monthly fee for that analysis

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Use an AD BLOCKER but site is safe

https://sportshd.sx/

• Like 1

Great kruk story about prison team :roll:

• Like 1

Ranger is dealing. Love watching him pitch. Reminds me a lot of Cliff Lee with his pace.