Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

PS....I hope and pray that Acuna is able to use his arm again in this lifetime.   Based upon how he acted, I'm surprised they didn't have to amputate it.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

F the Pads.....hope Alvarado beans Machado and Soto in the hand breaking it in game 1 when we are up a couple of runs........whoopsie

Fyp

Nothing like a potential game 5 clincher played during the day on a Sunday competing with the nfl. Manfred is an idiot 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Nothing like a potential game 5 clincher played during the day on a Sunday competing with the nfl. Manfred is an idiot 

Manfred knowing it’s an Eagles bye next week

:worthy: :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

Phillies going head-to-head with the Sixers though 

834E1C38-3184-4192-B34A-5BD037A38923.jpeg

I swear the mlb is out to lunch when they schedule these games. I’m betting the ratings for that Yankees Indians game tonight were awful outside of New York and Cleveland. Plus all the cowboys fans couldn’t watch both Yankees and cowboys at the same time. 

• Haha 2

On 10/16/2022 at 3:04 PM, Khani1 said:

Why are they waiting to announce the start time when both teams are known and the AL doesn’t play that day?

I’m Fed the first three games. Hope there is at least one early game on the weekend as I’m not watching games that start at 3 or 4am my time. Eagles/Girlz once a year I can do and a WS game might work should we get there. 

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It'll certainly be big to have him back but I hope on his time off, he rectified his penchant for walks problem. That was one huge advantage that helped the Phillies in the NLDS. When the Braves got on base, they earned it. Very few walks.

• Like 1

Full attention on the Phils now with the Eagles on their bye and others just starting long seasons. 

• Like 1

Absolutely need to win tonight. Phillies have never won a playoff series when losing game 1

3 hours ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Absolutely need to win tonight. Phillies have never won a playoff series when losing game 1

Actually had a convo with my friend last night, i think game one is bigger for the Phillies than the padres. It takes the pressure off nola and the bats in game 2 to have to win. Down the stretch when the Phillies had to win games they started to press and look tight which effected their play.   I feel like when the Phillies play with house money and loose they hit like they did against atlanta and play better. At minimum you want a split in San Diego. Ideally, you wanna win both games but if you get a split, it is likely you can win two of three in Philadelphia and get back to San Diego for game 6 with nola on the mound. Also if you hit darvish i think confidence will go up for guys  

If the Phillies go down 2-0 I don’t think they can come back in this series and win considering the game 3 and 4 matchups. The thing that scares me with the Padres right now is when you beat a team that you just haven’t been able to your confidence soars. Go back to when the Red Sox finally beat the Yankees. They felt like they could beat anybody after that and they weren’t going to lose. they showed it in the next round. I think one of two things is going to happen: Padres are gonna play even better or they’re gonna come out flat after getting over that hurdle 

20 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

oh it's on now! 

Yellow and Brown sounds like a piss and crap reference 

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

That’s a new tactic. Using doctor suess rhymes to taunt us. Lose and cruise! That’s what’s iiiiinnnn! 

Can we bring back the SKOL chant? That was BS.

2 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Can we bring back the SKOL chant? Feel like Ferris Bueller saying we may go down but it won't be to Vanilla Ice.

I prefer to use "that’s what’s iiiiinnn” to mock them. 

• Like 1