The Path to the Super Bowl

time2rock

It’s still early and in the present playoffs no lead is safe, but if the Giants find a way to win this game then I certainly see why the Eagles didn’t really run their offense because they weren’t trying to show them anything knowing they could potentially meet again. 

16 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s still early and in the present playoffs no lead is safe, but if the Giants find a way to win this game then I certainly see why the Eagles didn’t really run their offense because they weren’t trying to show them anything knowing they could potentially meet again. 

Like I said in the ATNFL GDT, can you imagine playing the Gnats next week, then Dallass for the NFCCG. Then beating the Bills in the Super Bowl (who were beaten in the Super Bowl by both the Gnats and Dallas)?

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Like I said in the ATNFL GDT, can you imagine playing the Gnats next week, then Dallass for the NFCCG. Then beating the Bills in the Super Bowl (who were beaten in the Super Bowl by both the Gnats and Dallas)?

Don’t mind beating those teams for the Bowl. All of them seem beatable IMO. 

The Vagiants sure didn’t seem to blitz the Viqueens as much as they blitzed the Eagles last week. 🤔

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Vagiants sure didn’t seem to blitz the Viqueens as much as they blitzed the Eagles last week. 🤔

I think they stopped doing it when they realized they can rush 3 and still get past the Vikes human turnstiles.

On 1/9/2023 at 3:35 PM, Godfather said:

49ers will have their way with the Eagles if they don't shape up

Hopefully not the San Francisco way.

On 1/9/2023 at 1:35 PM, nipples said:

Tampa, NY, SF win the wild card round.  

Eagles beat Giants, SF beats Bucs

Eagles beat SF

——————————————————————

Buffalo, Cincy, Jacksonville win WC

Chiefs beat Jags, Bengals beat Bills

Bengals beat Chiefs

——————————————————————

Eagles win SB

So far so good!

55 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

So far so good!

Only one I’m hoping I’m wrong about is KC/Jacksonville. Would love to see Doug upset the Chiefs. 

JG please!!!!!!!!! Play press man with both corners until they prove they can't and not the other way around. Jones doesn't throw deep and wont have time if he tried. But they were dinking and dunking all over Minn zone D. 3-6yd/Play pretty much. NYG game plan was pretty obvious for Jones. 1 read and scramble pretty much the whole time.

21 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Don’t forget Washington. Buffalo has been beaten in the Super Bowl by every nfc East team but the Eagles.

27 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

JG please!!!!!!!!! Play press man with both corners until they prove they can't and not the other way around. Jones doesn't throw deep and wont have time if he tried. But they were dinking and dunking all over Minn zone D. 3-6yd/Play pretty much. NYG game plan was pretty obvious for Jones. 1 read and scramble pretty much the whole time.

You’d think JG would have learned by now but who knows. They can’t afford to let Jones feel comfortable early. Hit him early and often.

15 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Don’t forget Washington. Buffalo has been beaten in the Super Bowl by every nfc East team but the Eagles.

Yeah, I mentioned that in another post (that they've been beaten by the other three NFC East teams), but since they're not in the playoffs, they can't be part of this current scenario. 

10 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, I mentioned that in another post (that they've been beaten by the other three NFC East teams), but since they're not in the playoffs, they can't be part of this current scenario. 

Gotcha. Thst would be a pretty crazy stat though to be the only team that has been beaten in the Super Bowl by all teams from one division.

I kinda prefer the current path we have to the Superbowl now.

In a weird way I was kinda worried if we had to face either Minny or Tampa.

Minny because we've beaten them so many times, they're kinda due to beat us. 

Tampa because of Brady.

And you know how the Eagles tend to play down to their opponents. And then weird things can happen. 

But the Giants, Cowboys, 49ers....the Eagles won't be looking past any of these guys and won't have any problem finding motivation. 

Wild card weekend is now in the books.  I don't think there were any huge surprises with how things shook out.

image.png.b42f646a9aadeda3ca66454631c59487.png

The next stop on the path to the Super Bowl takes us to the divisional round.  Something tells me we're going to see Buffalo and KC advance in the AFC which should make for a fun rematch (but I am hopeful Jacksonville can pull off an unlikely upset there).

In the NFC, I know most are going to say SF is going to run away with that game to advance to the NFCCG.  I'm not so sure about that ... I'm still leaning toward SF winning but gut says this will be a dogfight and my confidence level is only about 60% that SF wins.  

I'm going Philly (**knock on wood**) and SF in the NFCCG.  What say you?

On 1/15/2023 at 5:43 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That's gonna be rough for Bills fans. Your SB losses to each NFC East team lol. I'm hoping it happens that way.

I totally got the Seattle upset wrong. I thought they had it for a sec, and then they just imploded.  I picked Dallas to win, but stayed neutral on the Vikes vs. Giants. The only real shocker for me this past weekend was Jacksonville with the comeback!

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

That was the first ever Eagles playoff game I can remember that I didn't swear once

Yeah same here actually. There was one moment where I thought "oh here we go we are going to let them back in" but I didn't swear or lose it at any point. 

Archived