Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

Just now, NJWolverEagle11 said:

I'd take it lol

I mean…I’m in jeans and a T shirt in February.  I can’t complain.

After listening to the pundits this week, it’s amazing that they are even going to play the game! The only guys on ATL sports talk pickings Eagles are 2 former NFL players, 1 of those being a former Eagles player, Hugh Douglas. 

All I have heard, except a few, is that the Chefs are going to win. They have Kelce and the Magical Mahomes, completely discounting Hurts, the defense, the sack leading defense, the running game, and 2 over 1000 yard receivers. It’s going to make winning that much more fun!!

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Kelly Green is supposed to be unveiled this year

I'm talking about the Super Bowl jerseys though. They do have other, non-Super Bowl Midnight Green and Kelly Greens. But no Midnight Green Super Bowl jerseys. 

1 hour ago, Davidj77 said:

Skip doesn’t want ANYONE getting close to Brady’s records 

Skip hates Mahomes because he still thinks Dak is an elite quarterback.

1 hour ago, Bamabird said:

After listening to the pundits this week, it’s amazing that they are even going to play the game! The only guys on ATL sports talk pickings Eagles are 2 former NFL players, 1 of those being a former Eagles player, Hugh Douglas. 

All I have heard, except a few, is that the Chefs are going to win. They have Kelce and the Magical Mahomes, completely discounting Hurts, the defense, the sack leading defense, the running game, and 2 over 1000 yard receivers. It’s going to make winning that much more fun!!

You must listen to different people, what I have heard has been at least 70 % Eagles 

My MVP odds

Hurts 30% chance of winning MVP

A.J. Brown 25%

Dallas Goedert 20%

Miles Sanders 15%

Devonta Smith 10%

Any Chiefs player 0%

If Mahomes can beat us on that gimpy ankle, then maybe he is better than Brady.

I still think the only way the Eagles lose this is if they beat themselves.

2 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Screenshot_20230212_120759_Facebook.jpg

What was his record against the Chiefs?

Oh....

14 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

If Mahomes can beat us on that gimpy ankle, then maybe he is better than Brady.

I still think the only way the Eagles lose this is if they beat themselves.

not a single talking  head is talking  about his ankle injury, they all act like he is 100% healthy and nothing ever happend . 

7 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Oh....

Probably wanted to know what he did not to repeat it LOL

3 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Probably wanted to know what he did not to repeat it LOL

"The Broncos went 0-6 against the Chiefs under Fangio, but at least he was able to get a close look at how Kansas City operated."

:roll: 

Damn, covid just killed all my Super Bowl plans! I'm ok, but the party I was going to- they aren't ok. Welp, I'm staying home and looking at you, EMB/TATE!

Vegas screwed up the opening line, badly. The sharp money (not John Q Public) pounded the Eagles like 95-5 with big money early.

Its probably been close to a 55-45 split since that point after the lines stabilized to Eagles -1.5 (if it was anything else the line would have gone to 2 or 2.5)

Now the dumb John Q Public who almost always lose is loading up on the Chiefs late. A driving force to this is the magical thinking of tons of hot take artists about Mahomes.

Mahomes is not a top 30 Super Bowl QB with 4 picks in 2 games, There is zero evidence that anything he does translates to the Super Bowl

13 for 13 home playoff games with zero road games in the AFC does not translate to a Super Bowl.

2 picks by him today would be normal, not anything special. He was 7th in picks this year and 12th in lowest pick % ... but magic!

This Chiefs D does not defend the run well, defend the pass well, or turn the ball over well. Besides that they are a tough matchup. 🤣

19 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Oh....

Fangio consistently kept the Chiefs offense below their averages. Not his fault the Denver offense crapped the bed.

9 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

"The Broncos went 0-6 against the Chiefs under Fangio, but at least he was able to get a close look at how Kansas City operated."

:roll: 

Also, Fangio has been consulting about our offense from what I understand. He's been giving the offense advice on how to beat defense they're facing.

His role is kind of shadowy and non-descript so I'm sure he's getting his brain picked on defense as well. But this is a weird story. He's been consulting all year, he's not game planning just available for the coaching staff.

2 hours ago, Davidj77 said:

Skip doesn’t want ANYONE getting close to Brady’s balloon knot

FYP

Eagles are healthy. They dominate on both lines and they can calibrate their offense between pass/run to suit the needs of the game.

Chiefs have playoff and SB experience, a coaching legend, and two 1st-ballot HOF ballers that can take over games.

Eagles will jump on top early and control the clock with the run.

Chiefs will get their yards, convert 3rd-and-longs, and land a couple of big plays, but ultimately rely on Butker (3 FG's).

Turnovers (as always) will be the key.

Birds 27-23.

Archived