Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

12 hours ago, Davidj77 said:

DAK just picked the Chiefs ! In case anybody on here cared ! Lol

Dak has been known to have a way w picks

1 hour ago, Captain F said:

I think this one feels different to all of us because winning it 5 years ago took the pressure off.  The stress.  The extreme anxiety of wondering wtf if they had lost that game..... But they won.  This one would be the gravy. No stress this time.  Very optimistic.  I think this team has a >50% chance of blowing the Chiefs out.  And if we lose? We still won it just a few years ago and it's still so fresh... and we are back in it again. And for the most part,  I don't think any of us despise the Chiefs.  Definitely not like we did N.E.  If we had to lose it to anyone,  Andy and the Chiefs would be the easiest to tip a hat to.  

It feels different to Some of us too. I have been a Chiefs fan since the mid seventies so the first one was a long time coming. I was disappointed after the loss to the Bucs and Brady but I was on to college basketball. I honestly didn’t think we would be here this year. Pretty much a retool on offense and defense has a bunch of rookies. But yet here we are. I have gone back and forth for two weeks. The game will basically come down to mahomes ankle, and how he can handle line pressure. If it’s good 80% or above we will score plenty and it will be a close game. If not well it could be bad. So I guess in 24 hrs we’ll have an idea. 

10 hours ago, Davidj77 said:

Cheffers is an incompetent buffoon. His crew was the absolute worst in the regular season.

Chiefs fans despise him. Mark my words, this a-hole will decide the game. I cant say who for but one of our teams is going to get Cheffered.

Godell sits around and says there is no officiating problem and they put this clown on the superbowl?

7 hours ago, ThinkGreen said:

Are the Eagles a deep threat? Anybody else worried about not having any deep passes lately? They had the one to Smith in the NFC title game but had it not counted, we'd have nothing in that department. Timing seems off with Brown going deep. 

Hurts simply missed the early one to Brown. After that, the coverage was good on each attempt. I'm not worried. KC doesn't have the defense the 9ers have. We should be able to move the ball all night.

1 minute ago, boilertiger said:

Cheffers is an incompetent buffoon. His crew was the absolute worst in the regular season.

Chiefs fans despise him. Mark my words, this a-hole will decide the game. I cant say who for but one of our teams is going to get Cheffered.

Godell sits around and says there is no officiating problem and they put this clown on the superbowl?

I am not saying you are wrong but a clarification. Cheffers and his regular crew together are flag happy. His all-star playoff crew has been less so. Its a small sample size so who knows but the crazy flag throwing 8 guys is now only 1 or 2 of those guys and 6 or 7 other guys.

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Hurts simply missed the early one to Brown. After that, the coverage was good on each attempt. I'm not worried. KC doesn't have the defense the 9ers have. We should be able to move the ball all night.

He hit Smith through his hands and into his chest on a deep drop. He threw a an on-target deep ball to Watkins but Lenoir had very good coverage and got a hand in there to knock it away. I think there was another one that was blanket double coverage and he pushed it well past the WR and out of bounds to avoid a pick or intentional grounding.

There were also 15 mph winds  (no idea if they were gusting or more or less intense on the field).

You can better gauge the wind when one team does not have Shanahan sacrificing his own QBs so you get to see both QBs trying to throw often into conditions.

11 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

It feels different to Some of us too. I have been a Chiefs fan since the mid seventies so the first one was a long time coming. I was disappointed after the loss to the Bucs and Brady but I was on to college basketball. I honestly didn’t think we would be here this year. Pretty much a retool on offense and defense has a bunch of rookies. But yet here we are. I have gone back and forth for two weeks. The game will basically come down to mahomes ankle, and how he can handle line pressure. If it’s good 80% or above we will score plenty and it will be a close game. If not well it could be bad. So I guess in 24 hrs we’ll have an idea. 

Come on 79%!

:whistle: 

18 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I am not saying you are wrong but a clarification. Cheffers and his regular crew together are flag happy. His all-star playoff crew has been less so. Its a small sample size so who knows but the crazy flag throwing 8 guys is now only 1 or 2 of those guys and 6 or 7 other guys.

Cheffers set the stage for our loss to the Buc’s. He called 3or 4 quick PI calls that extended drives for Brady. There were also several holding calls. That with the receivers dropping passes and what little chance we had was gone. Our line was a sieve due to injury. We had 3rd stringers playing out of position. Cheffers also called a roughing call on Jones earlier in the year that was unreasonable 

39 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I agree this is not his regular season crew but lets not call these folks all stars.

16 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

Cheffers set the stage for our loss to the Buc’s. He called 3or 4 quick PI calls that extended drives for Brady. There were also several holding calls. That with the receivers dropping passes and what little chance we had was gone. Our line was a sieve due to injury. We had 3rd stringers playing out of position. Cheffers also called a roughing call on Jones earlier in the year that was unreasonable 

Cheffers got the full brunt of Arrowhead after the Jones call and his crew swung ridiculously in the Chiefs favor afterwards. It was a complete embarrassment. 

I was watching the Eagles vs Giants week 18 game the other day. Who kills a TD run with a ticky tacky holding penalty? Fing Cheffers…

This mofo.

I kinda feel like it would be poetic justice if Doug ultimately helps us win two Superbowls by beating Dallas and then blowing out Mahomes ankle.

I haven't been reading, watching or listening to any pre- hype Super Bowl news. I am going to be fresh for the game, because that's ALL I want to see. I'll read TONS of post Super Bowl news, but I'm staying fresh leading up to it. 

I'm a life long Negadelphian, yet for some crazy reason I feel really good about this game. Let's go Eagles!

22 minutes ago, JohnB said:

I'm a life long Negadelphian, yet for some crazy reason I feel really good about this game. Let's go Eagles!

I'm the same... I always expect the worst just to try and avoid disappointment (it doesn't work) and yet I'm so confident today. I think we win by double digits.

I was just looking at the selection of jerseys on Fanatics, they still have no actual Eagles Super Bowl jerseys other than the gray? Were they just caught flat footed and didn't have any or have Eagles fans just been that rabid in buying them?

42 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think we win by double digits

So let it be written, so let it be done!

FrayedIlliterateGalah-max-1mb.gif

46 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was just looking at the selection of jerseys on Fanatics, they still have no actual Eagles Super Bowl jerseys other than the gray? Were they just caught flat footed and didn't have any or have Eagles fans just been that rabid in buying them?

People may be less hesitant to buy jerseys this time around since we have broken through on our first super bowl. 

Archived