Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

Most people think it's Eagles fans doing it by now. But there is that Chiefs fan bar too.

Some nerd in his mom's basement creates these images on his gaming laptop

Are the Eagles a deep threat? Anybody else worried about not having any deep passes lately? They had the one to Smith in the NFC title game but had it not counted, we'd have nothing in that department. Timing seems off with Brown going deep. 

8 minutes ago, ThinkGreen said:

Are the Eagles a deep threat? Anybody else worried about not having any deep passes lately? They had the one to Smith in the NFC title game but had it not counted, we'd have nothing in that department. Timing seems off with Brown going deep. 

It's mildly concerning, but I'm hoping it was a combo of both weather and Hurts still dealing with the shoulder. Hopefully, the two weeks and indoor stadium will be enough to help that issue.

13 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

I have a feeling Kermit is hurting! But they don’t wanna spill the beans 

We'll find out if they're able to flush him out of the pocket and dictate when he runs.

4 minutes ago, ThinkGreen said:

We'll find out if they're able to flush him out of the pocket and dictate when he runs.

you don’t recover from an ankle sprain in 2 weeks ,  I don’t care how much you believe in Jesus . 

Don't get me wrong... at all. Winning this Super Bowl would be the 2nd greatest thing besides winning the first one but since we all finally experienced the first SB in SB52, does this one feel any different leading up to it emotionally? Anyone feeling like we were all alive to experience the all important first one that not that this one doesn't matter at all, but just a little part of you that would be upset for about a week if we lose but knowing in the back of your mind we still got that 1 we always wanted? I'm not feeling like that at all. Just heard a little bit of talk about that this week. Now we're here, might as well win the whole thing again. 

It feels different because this roster is the best we ever had. This team was designed to beat exactly someone like the Chiefs with its power running game and pressure D. We just have to go out there and finish the job.

35 minutes ago, ThinkGreen said:

i don't believe he will be 100%, If he runs, he may aggravate it. 

As a football fan I want a great game. As an Eagles fan I want us to blow them out and just embarrass them that Nick puts the backups in by the 2nd half lol

I am as excited as I was for the last 2 Super Bowls. I doubt I’ll be as elated when we win this one, but I’ll still be pretty damn thrilled. The first one was like an enormous weight was  lifted. This one I’m hoping is the start of something special for the next decade. 

17 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

As a football fan I want a great game. As an Eagles fan I want us to blow them out and just embarrass them that Nick puts the backups in by the 2nd half lol

An Eagles blowout win would be a great game.

51 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Me too. I want every Eagles game to go that way lol. 

2 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

Don't get me wrong... at all. Winning this Super Bowl would be the 2nd greatest thing besides winning the first one but since we all finally experienced the first SB in SB52, does this one feel any different leading up to it emotionally? Anyone feeling like we were all alive to experience the all important first one that not that this one doesn't matter at all, but just a little part of you that would be upset for about a week if we lose but knowing in the back of your mind we still got that 1 we always wanted? I'm not feeling like that at all. Just heard a little bit of talk about that this week. Now we're here, might as well win the whole thing again. 

Total opposite. In 2017, especially with how Foles came out on the playoffs, there was a sense of inevitability about the win. Like it was destined. I never felt at any time we would lose. In fact the game hardly got me moving at all, aside from the Philly Special and the Brady strip sack at the end.

I am much more excited this time, because the team we will see will be the team we have seen all year. Nothing feels certain this time, and is so much more exciting as a result. And I feel much more emotionally invested this time than LII, even though I've been a fan for 30 years or so, on and off

I think this one feels different to all of us because winning it 5 years ago took the pressure off.  The stress.  The extreme anxiety of wondering wtf if they had lost that game..... But they won.  This one would be the gravy. No stress this time.  Very optimistic.  I think this team has a >50% chance of blowing the Chiefs out.  And if we lose? We still won it just a few years ago and it's still so fresh... and we are back in it again. And for the most part,  I don't think any of us despise the Chiefs.  Definitely not like we did N.E.  If we had to lose it to anyone,  Andy and the Chiefs would be the easiest to tip a hat to.  

5 minutes ago, Captain F said:

I think this one feels different to all of us because winning it 5 years ago took the pressure off.  The stress.  The extreme anxiety of wondering wtf if they had lost that game..... But they won.  This one would be the gravy. No stress this time.  Very optimistic.  I think this team has a >50% chance of blowing the Chiefs out.  And if we lose? We still won it just a few years ago and it's still so fresh... and we are back in it again. And for the most part,  I don't think any of us despise the Chiefs.  Definitely not like we did N.E.  If we had to lose it to anyone,  Andy and the Chiefs would be the easiest to tip a hat to.  

I jus hate those gotdamm state farm commercials. Like an overplayed song on radio

9 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

I jus hate those gotdamm state farm commercials. Like an overplayed song on radio

Get ready to see about 65 of them during the game 

6 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It's mildly concerning, but I'm hoping it was a combo of both weather and Hurts still dealing with the shoulder. Hopefully, the two weeks and indoor stadium will be enough to help that issue.

Frankly eagles didn't need any deep passes to advance, Hurts should be pretty healed, it's been like 2 months, I am usually worried about things but I think this could be a blowout by the birds. Then again I have haven't missed watching game in close to 40 years. As good as Mahomes is the eagles are just loaded everywhere. 

I had a feeling Foles could do it but stayed pessimistic until the whistle was blown. They're celebrating the Chiefs like there wont be much to celebrate about later which is fine by me. 

Archived