Eagles 2023 Schedule Prediction Thread (REVISED 3/15/'23)

Wallyhorse

9 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

Gotcha, and yeah that would be a fun one. I think whichever teams have the week 1 Thursday night games should have to be the teams to play 2 Thursday night games because they don't have the short week for the week 1

They do.  The Week 1 game doesn't count towards TNF, so conceivably, they could actually play THREE Thursday night games (and FOUR if they play on Thanksgiving night and the Thursday after since the Thursday after Thanksgiving is always between teams that played on Thanksgiving, though this time I noted in the original post (edited) the Eagles-Pats game that I had listed for Thanksgiving night could be the "Black Friday" game on Amazon Prime with the Eagles on Amazon Prime again the following Thursday at home against the Cowboys). 

EDIT:  It would not surprise me if the "Black Friday" game is one of the Euro games since that can be in the evening in Europe and a 2:00 or 3:00 PM ET game in the US.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rey said:

May be an image of text that says 'Thursday Night Sunday Night Monday Night 1 2 1 Mock Primetime Schedule 2 3 Doubleheader-> MNF Doubleheaders 3 2 Doubleheader- 4 London 3 4 Doubleheader-> 5 5 EB 4 5 5 6 8 2 6 7 Frankfurt 7 8 3 8 9 E 10 11 9 Thanksgiving 11 Primetime Games Per 10 11 12 12 Thanksgiving-> 10 11 12 12 12 13 12 13 14 13 Black Friday 14 12 14 @ E 15 15 16 17 5 15 Christmas 16 16 17 Christmas- 16 17 16 teams 16 games or less'

This appears to be either somebody’s guess or a leaked rough draft that wasn’t final.  The international games were just announced on GMFB.  They were close to what this shows, but neither the Bears nor Eagles are playing international games this season

London:

Falcons/Jags

Jags/Bills

Ravens/Titans

Germany:

Dolphins/Chiefs 

Colts/Patriots

They also just announced Bengals @ Chiefs on New Year’s Eve to end the season….making it more likely Eagles will be at Chiefs in that opening game.  It will be Eagles, Chargers, or Bills in that game I would think

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

SO i was half-right on the Eagles playing Christmas Day.  

2 hours ago, McMVP said:

They also just announced Bengals @ Chiefs on New Year’s Eve to end the season….making it more likely Eagles will be at Chiefs in that opening game.  It will be Eagles, Chargers, or Bills in that game I would think

New Year’s Eve is not the season ending week. Last week are always divisional games.

5 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

New Year’s Eve is not the season ending week. Last week are always divisional games.

Right.  The one thing I WOULD be looking at is adding a 19th week to the NFL season (with a second bye week specifically tied to mid-week games to eliminate the short rest games as much as possible) and the new 19th week would be "all games in a conference at the same time" as is done in most soccer leagues worldwide and essentially what MLB has done the last several years (one conference would be at 3:30, the other at 8:15 PM ET to specifically accommodate CBS airing "60 Minutes" in the east at 7/6 Central ahead of the second set of games).  Games in Week 19 would split between ALL of the broadcast partners and using digital sub-channels and cable outlets with NBC having first choice, FOX/CBS having 2nd/3rd choices, ABC having fourth choice, ESPN/LIV Well (ABC DT-2) having fifth choice, NFLN/Amazon Prime/COZI-TV (NBC DT-2) having sixth choice and CBSSN/FS1 and DECADES (CBS DT-2)/MOVIES (FOX DT-2) having the last picks for each time slot (games on cable would be simulcast over DT-2 channels).  

5 hours ago, McMVP said:

I saw on fs1 that nye is eagles vs chiefs

13 hours ago, Procus said:

Niners at Eagles Dec. 3, week 13

I suspect FOX wanted to keep that game and lobbied the NFL to do that.  I would have thought Amazon Prime would have insisted on Cowboys-Eagles in Week 13 (Thursday after Thanksgiving) though I suspect FOX wanted to keep both Eagles-Cowboys games as well.  

I'm also wondering if at least some of the schedule reflects the fact we have the Writers Guild currently on strike.  That was something I could not have accounted for when I did my schedule predictions as I suspect some of the schedule is being done as it is to help the networks deal with the possibility (and to some, likelihood) the Writers Guild will still be on strike in the fall (and it being a VERY long strike because of the issues involved with that) with it having a major effect on the upcoming television season.  That to me could include games at 7:10 and 10:35 PM Eastern Time on Monday Night Football the first three weeks even if it means the NFL has games running to 2:00 AM ET on Tuesday morning to protect ABC from the late night talk shows still being shut down when the NFL season starts.

• Haha 1

Oh yeah, the reason the prediction won’t be close to correct is because of a writer’s strike. No doubt.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Oh yeah, the reason the prediction won’t be close to correct is because of a writer’s strike. No doubt.

In this case, the Writer's Guld strike is expected to possibly go all the way to the end of the year with production shut down.  Reality TV can take some of the slack, but I suspect prime time NFL games in particular will be much more important than they'd normally be due to that. 

If the writer's are on strike who will write the NFL scripts so they can be rigged for Vegas?!  :o

:lol:

• Haha 1

Eagles-Chiefs will be on Monday Night Football November 20 (Monday before Thanksgiving) on ESPN and ABC. 

I'm guessing the NFL is doing that because they know the Writers Guild strike may still be going on then and even if not, it already is considered unlikely that the strike will end in time for production to be able to start in time for the 2023-'24 TV season for most scripted programming. 

• Confused 1

Don't tell me the rumors are true.  We are opening the Season on Tom Brady's Retirement celebration. What better way to spoil it.    Also Christmas against the GMEN after Christmas Eve Vs Boys last year.  How Original NFL. I guess the Christmas Album got us this huge game.  Why are we playing the GMen twice in 3 weeks again?   And we have the Dreaded First Thursday Night game.  Why are we playing the Vikings in Philly again in week 2?  Why are we playing the Brady-less Bucs on Primetime MNF?  Thankfully we aren't playing the Chiefs till around Thanksgiving.  I was thinking they were going to have us go there Week 1.  I'm not scared I just didn't want to start the season playing them.  Then the Bills after that.   49ers again.   Why are we playing all of our Playoff Opponents and former Super Bowl Opponents?  Except Vegas but the Super Bowl is in Vegas.....Repeat Sign?   Our Perfect Jets Streak will be tested.  Aaron will probably have a good season over there.   We also have a later Bye week this year.   Anyways, bring it on.  

22 minutes ago, Procus said:

May be an image of football and text that says 'Week 1: @ Patriots Week 2: Vs Vikings (TNF) Week 3: Buccaneers (MNF) Week 4: Vs Commanders Week 5: Rams Week 6: Jets Week 7: Vs Dolphins Week 8: Commanders Week 9: Vs Cowboys Week 10: BYE Week 11: Chiefs Week 12: Vs Bills Week 13: Vs 49ers, 4:25 Week 14: Cowboys Week 15: Seahawks Week 16: Vs Giants (Christmas, 4:30) Week 17: Vs Cardinals Week 18: Giants (TBD, SAT or SUN)'

Should start 9-0  :flex:

Ain't official folks.  Just copied something posted in an Eagles fan group in social media

10 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

Our schedule sucks. We play so few 1pm games.

Just both Washington games and cardinals. Gonna bet wk 18 gets 1pm too

I don't mind lol

Crazy schedule. Especially weeks 9-15. LFG!!!

2023 Philadelphia Eagles Schedule

Preseason

Week 1: Friday, August 11 at Baltimore Ravens at 7 PM (NBC10)

Week 2: Thursday, August 17 vs. Cleveland Browns at 7:30 PM (NBC10)

Week 3: Thursday, August 24 vs. Indianapolis Colts at 8 PM (Prime Video)

Regular Season

Week 1: Sunday, September 10 at New England Patriots at 4:25 PM (CBS)

Week 2: Thursday, September 14 vs. Minnesota Vikings at 8:15 PM (Prime Video)

Week 3: Monday, September 25 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers at 7:15 PM (ABC)

Week 4: Sunday, October 1 vs. Washington Commanders at 1 PM (FOX)

Week 5: Sunday, October 8 at Los Angeles Rams at 4:05 PM+ (FOX)

Week 6: Sunday, October 15 at New York Jets at 4:25 PM+ (FOX)

Week 7: Sunday, October 22 vs. Miami Dolphins at 8:20 PM+ (NBC)

Week 8: Sunday, October 29 at Washington Commanders at 1 PM+ (FOX)

Week 9: Sunday, November 5 vs. Dallas Cowboys at 4:25 PM+ (FOX)

Week 10: BYE

Week 11: Monday, November 20 at Kansas City Chiefs at 8:15 PM+ (ESPN/ABC)

Week 12: Sunday, November 26 vs. Buffalo Bills at 4:25 PM+ (CBS)

Week 13: Sunday, December 3 vs. San Francisco 49ers at 4:25 PM+ (FOX)

Week 14: Sunday, December 10 at Dallas Cowboys at 8:20 PM+ (NBC)

Week 15: Sunday, December 17 at Seattle Seahawks at 4:25 PM+ (FOX)

Week 16: Monday, December 25 vs. New York Giants at 4:30 PM+ (FOX)

Week 17: Sunday, December 31 vs. Arizona Cardinals at 1 PM+ (FOX)

1 hour ago, Procus said:

Ain't official folks.  Just copied something posted in an Eagles fan group in social media

That turned out to be the official schedule.  Little surprised they made Dolphins-Eagles Sunday Night Football in Week 7 given while the Phillies are off to a slow start (again), they got off to one last year and made an unexpected run all the way to the World Series.  I supposed if necessary that game could be flexed out as NBC does have an "early flex" that they can I believe use ONCE in weeks 5-10 (main flex period starts week 11) if MLB needs Citizens Bank Park that Sunday for an NLCS game. 

Eagles other Sunday nighter is the second game in Dallas as noted.

I wonder how much the current Writers Guild strike and the possibility it could run all the way to the end of the year as some thing played into the schedule.

3 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

Our schedule sucks. We play so few 1pm games.

What do you expect after getting to the Super Bowl?  I didn't have many of my schedule predictions at 1:00

2 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

Why are we playing the Vikings in Philly again in week 2?

I had them hosting the Vikings in the home opener, both in the original schedule and then for Week 2 once the Aaron Rodgers rumors got serious.  I'm guessing it's the first Thursday night game on Amazon Prime because either Amazon wanted the Eagles in the Thursday opener OR it had to do with stadium availability elsewhere.  They often have to work around concerts already scheduled in stadiums, especially in the early part of the NFL season (including for example famously when Bruce Springsteen had like 10 dates in The Meadowlands several years ago (forget if it was Giants Stadium or MetLife) and the NFL had to have the Jets and Giants on the road two straight weeks because of that).  Also have to work around parking lot conflicts with baseball (Phillies are at home in Weeks 1 & 3 for example and the NFL could not schedule the Eagles for a home Monday night game in Week 4 in case that date had to be used to make up a rainout the day after the final game of the MLB season.