Eagles 2023 Schedule Prediction Thread (REVISED 3/15/'23)

Wallyhorse

@ Seattle right after @ Dallas is the obvious sinker.  But that's not the worst of it for me personally.  I have a lot of Monday night meetings.  The 3rd Monday of the month is the one that I especially can't get out of.  So I'm skrewed for watching the KC game.

On the other hand, there's a very real chance that I'll get to be at the L.A. game.

And, while some in Philly may not like it, it's great for those of us on the West Coast to see all the late games.

2 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

@ Seattle right after @ Dallas is the obvious sinker.  But that's not the worst of it for me personally.  I have a lot of Monday night meetings.  The 3rd Monday of the month is the one that I especially can't get out of.  So I'm skrewed for watching the KC game.

On the other hand, there's a very real chance that I'll get to be at the L.A. game.

And, while some in Philly may not like it, it's great for those of us on the West Coast to see all the late games.

Would not be surprised if the Eagles stayed in Texas after the Cowboys game and prepared there for the Seahawks game or flew straight to Seattle for that purpose.

I originally had the Seahawks-Rams-Cowboys as a three-week road trip where the Eagles would have spent two straight weeks in LA practicing for games.  

And again, it would not surprise me if some games got moved around at the last minute to maximize prime time because it is very possible due to the Writers Guild Strike networks will be without scripted shows until possibly at least January if not later as this strike potentially could last all the way to the end of the year before it is settled as some think because of the issues involved. 

5 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Should start 9-0

I don’t love the 4 days rest at the start of the season or that away/home/away start. I’m also not sure what kind of teams the Rams and the Jets will be. Is Rodgers there to play or get a check? Historically both Stafford and Rodgers have played well against the Eagles. Week 7, 8, and 9 are basically three home games because games in Washington always feel like we are at home. 😂

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t love the 4 days rest at the start of the season or that away/home/away start. I’m also not sure what kind of teams the Rams and the Jets will be. Is Rodgers there to play or get a check? Historically both Stafford and Rodgers have played well against the Eagles. Week 7, 8, and 9 are basically three home games because games in Washington always feel like we are at home. 😂

We knew we'd almost certainly have the away/home/away start because the Phillies are at home in Weeks 1 & 3.  Eagles technically could have opened at home on Monday 9/11 but I suspect the Phillies and MLB made clear to the NFL that Monday had to be kept "open" in case the Phils had to make up a rainout that Monday (that might not be able to be played in the afternoon, especially if it happened to be against the Orioles because they are a candidate to play an 8:05 Sunday night game on ESPN on 9/10 as while Sunday Night Baseball usually is a 7:00 PM ET start, that Sunday is 8:00 PM ET because that Sunday is the men's final of the US Open Tennis Championships that precedes it). 

(And for those unaware, this year for the first time in MLB every team is playing at least one series against every other team, including all 15 teams in the other league).  

2 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

We knew we'd almost certainly have the away/home/away start because the Phillies are at home in Weeks 1 & 3.  Eagles technically could have opened at home on Monday 9/11 but I suspect the Phillies and MLB made clear to the NFL that Monday had to be kept "open" in case the Phils had to make up a rainout that Monday (that might not be able to be played in the afternoon, especially if it happened to be against the Orioles because they are a candidate to play an 8:05 Sunday night game on ESPN on 9/10 as while Sunday Night Baseball usually is a 7:00 PM ET start, that Sunday is 8:00 PM ET because that Sunday is the men's final of the US Open Tennis Championships that precedes it). 

(And for those unaware, this year for the first time in MLB every team is playing at least one series against every other team, including all 15 teams in the other league).  

Using that same logic, why wouldn't the Phillies have notified the NFL that they have a game scheduled the day of the Eagles Vikings home game? Not that they have a potential rainout makeup but they actually have an actual game!

6 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Using that same logic, why wouldn't the Phillies have notified the NFL that they have a game scheduled the day of the Eagles Vikings home game? Not that they have a potential rainout makeup but they actually have an actual game!

Phillies are scheduled for 4:05 PM against the Braves but that game I suspect will be moved up to 12:05 or 1:05 (Seniors stroll the bases after the game) and the Phils likely gave the NFL permission for that since the Phils right after the game have to travel to St. Louis to play the baseball Cardinals and probably would want the additional time for travel.  They are in the middle of a homestand on Monday 9/11 and I believe need to keep THAT date open. 

I would also not be surprised if that Thursday game becomes part of a day-night doubleheader on Wednesday (Games at 12:40 and 6:40) so the Phils get a day off before the Cardinals series in St. Louis. 

13 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Should start 9-0

Yeah I definitely see strong potential to start 5-0, and then we should go 4-0 over the final stretch. So it’s just about what they do weeks 6-14 that dictates how high up the NFC seeds we become

Brutal 2nd half of the season.  

I hate when they schedule both games against division opponents so close together, they should split closer to halves of the season.

Waiting til week 11 for the SB rematch is dumb and the SF rematch week 13.  Do those earlier in the season.

• Thanks 1

I've seen various conflicting reports and lists about the toughest strength of schedule.  ESPN Get Up (on YouTube) said the Eagles have the toughest schedule based on opponent's record last year, as well as a Sporting News article here.  People won't be able to argue the Eagles had an easy schedule next year.

Some articles and lists don't even have the Eagles in the top 10.  Some take into account travel and rest between games.  Some seem biased toward the AFC because of tougher schedules.

Some actually argue the Chiefs have among the toughest schedule, they have a very easy schedule.  The same Sporting News article linked above has the Eagles with the toughest, and the Chiefs with the 16th.  They need to give both SB teams the same tough schedule.

19 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I've seen various conflicting reports and lists about the toughest strength of schedule.  ESPN Get Up (on YouTube) said the Eagles have the toughest schedule based on opponent's record last year, as well as a Sporting News article here.  People won't be able to argue the Eagles had an easy schedule next year.

Some articles and lists don't even have the Eagles in the top 10.  Some take into account travel and rest between games.  Some seem biased toward the AFC because of tougher schedules.

Some actually argue the Chiefs have among the toughest schedule, they have a very easy schedule.  The same Sporting News article linked above has the Eagles with the toughest, and the Chiefs with the 16th.  They need to give both SB teams the same tough schedule.

With the exception of three games (same place games as teams from two divisions of your conference and one game against a same place finisher as you from the other conference), the schedule is pre-determined on a rotating basis.

14 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

With the exception of three games (same place games as teams from two divisions of your conference and one game against a same place finisher as you from the other conference), the schedule is pre-determined on a rotating basis.

Yes I know that.  But they can also structure when they play those opponents differently, travel, rest times between games. 

6 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

I see maybe 12 wins this season.

Yep, that's where I am as well.

22 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Yep, that's where I am as well.

My floor is 11, ceiling 14. Just get the damn trophy lol

On 5/12/2023 at 12:17 AM, NOTW said:

FB_IMG_1683864589173.jpg

If we come out rolling.  9-0, 8-1 for sure.  (7-2 would be the worst I would accept).  2nd Half of the Schedule will be the hardest part should be 6-2,5-3 at worst.   So I'm thinking another Big year should be enough to repeat and win the Division again.  I'm saying 13 or 14 wins again. 

• Thanks 1

Im being conservative and say 12-5, but i think thats actually enough to win the division and maybe even hfa for the playoffs. Because i just dont see any other juggernaut team in the NFC running away with it. The NFC West is a lot tougher now and the 49ers arent going to have an easy time.

On 5/12/2023 at 5:20 PM, NOTW said:

Our strength of schedule is skewed by the NFC East managing not to embarrass itself for once last year and the questionmark of that has to be how much the teams benefitted from relative powderpuff schedules last year, I think us and the Cowgirls were legit decent teams last year, while the Giants were less convincing, squeaking a lot of wins and getting beaten by pretty much every decent team they played and stumbling into the playoffs on the back of a tie.

• Like 1

@Wallyhorse look at that, Phillies changing their schedule due to the Eagles.  Not the NFL cowering to some side show sport.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 11:16 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

@Wallyhorse look at that, Phillies changing their schedule due to the Eagles.  Not the NFL cowering to some side show sport.

I think MLB allowed that (and MLB and the Phillies allowed the Eagles to play Thursday night football in Week 2 at home) because they realized that the only possible teams the Phils would have needed CBP for on 9/11 would have been the Tigers and Orioles, and it was highly unlikely CBP was going to be needed for a makeup on 9/11 (plus, if they did have to make up a game against either team, it could be made up Monday 9/25 when three of the only four games that day are out west except for the White Sox playing at home).  This also gives the Phils an off day before they open a three-game series in St. Louis on Friday 9/15. Also, I suspect the Braves wanted that Monday off originally but that was probably always a game that could have been scheduled for Monday or Thursday depending on what the NFL does.  Also allows the Phils if they need to make up a road rainout on Thursday 9/14 to do so. 

• Haha 1

5-1 (4-2 at worst) in the division

5-1 (4-2 at worst) vs the NFC  (they beat SF by 17)

4-1 or 3-2 vs the AFC

13-4

I only see 4 tough games on the entire Eagles schedule. at KC, Buffalo, Miami, and at Dallas.

A realistic look at the 49ers schedule is 9-11 wins if they stay healthy. They are just not that good at QB and O-line. You may have noticed that those things matter. Suddenly playing a 9 to 10 win team with a bottom 10 starting QB and a meh O-line in the Linc is not a tough game.

The 49ers starting RT was PFF rated in the 50s in years 1 and 2. He was 69 in year 3 but... all of his snaps came vs the Rams, Cardinals, and Broncos

Colton-McKivitz-RAS-19216.png?w=806&ssl=

its-fine-dog-fine.gif

• Thanks 2

On 5/11/2023 at 9:32 PM, Joe Shades 73 said:

Should start 9-0

Don't bet on that you play the Commanders in that stretch...JUST SAY'IN....

1 hour ago, TheLeadCommander said:

Don't bet on that you play the Commanders in that stretch...JUST SAY'IN....

You are right, should is bad choice of words, will start 9-0, thanks :flex: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1